i'm ready to get the 5, what are my best options?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
interesting.. did she make an appt. or is it walk in only? also, how do they handle carrier upgrades?

Go to the Apple website at 10 pm local time and check availability. If they have what you want, you can reserve it and pick it up the next day.

They handle upgrades same as always.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I picked up mine at a Radio Shack. Call a few around your area to see what they have in stock.

they're thinking by tomorrow but they still have pre orders to fill and waiting lists

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:53 PM ----------

ok, so i did talk to a rep at the Apple store and i think i may try to order one tonight and pick it up tomorrow

however, there might be an issue. the upgrade I'm using is from another line on my account. they told me I would need to contact my carrier to switch it to my my line.. but in the meantime i'll have to choose some sort of data plan before i leave the store..

sounds like a PITA

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to do something close to that and encountered no problem. But can you just ask to renew the actual plan for your other line? If you can't, they'll switch the line to your phone number, but your other line will be stuck with the new plan you had to choose.

Acelx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Stalk your local Apple or carrier store.. its first come first serve.. and as soon as they come in stock they leave early..

but i think you would have to just wait till Oct.. n even then it will be sold out in the first day they come in

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
after making my daily phone calls a RadioShack employee said he has one on hold until 8:00pm. if the guy does not show up by then it's mine!

i will be going to that location around 7:45.. stalking.. waiting .. creeping

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
i basically harassed every store that had it or is going to have it, where i live and surrounding cities. NO LUCK

i called at&t and it's 14-21 days. hell i could change my mind by then!!
Your best option is to stay away from the iphone 5 from what I have read on these forums. All kind of problems people are talking about. You might want to be sure and do your homework if you haven't already. First post Steve Jobs iPhone and its got a lot of problems.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Your best option is to stay away from the iphone 5 from what I have read on these forums. All kind of problems people are talking about. You might want to be sure and do your homework if you haven't already. First post Steve Jobs iPhone and its got a lot of problems.

Do you actually own an iPhone 5?

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I have had ZERO problems with my phone, and fankly, I couldn't be happier with it. I was hesitant at first about the size, but it just fits in my hand, having LTE finally is awesome, the speed is great, no scuffs, scratches, dents, dings, or hiccups. People mainly come to forums with concerns or problems looking for solutions. If every thread was a re-hash of 'I love my phone like a love song' not nearly as many people would come here.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had ZERO problems with my phone, and fankly, I couldn't be happier with it. I was hesitant at first about the size, but it just fits in my hand, having LTE finally is awesome, the speed is great, no scuffs, scratches, dents, dings, or hiccups. People mainly come to forums with concerns or problems looking for solutions. If every thread was a re-hash of 'I love my phone like a love song' not nearly as many people would come here.

100% agree!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
after making my daily phone calls a RadioShack employee said he has one on hold until 8:00pm. if the guy does not show up by then it's mine!

i will be going to that location around 7:45.. stalking.. waiting .. creeping

the guy walked in at 7:56!! just my luck

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Apple website at 10 pm local time and check availability. If they have what you want, you can reserve it and pick it up the next day.

They handle upgrades same as always.

This one depends where you are. I've tried it every night since apple added the option, and there hasn't been an iPhone available for Verizon at an apple store within 350 miles. Even got up early to try my local apple store this morning, and they didn't have any at all when they opened.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I knew it would be around this time when I would have the money to be able to afford the iPhone 5, so I am just now looking for one as well.

Completely forgot about Radio Shack, will check them after I'm off work today. Local AT&T store said they are only doing online orders, with a 3-4 week ship time.

Going to Nashville Saturday for a meeting, going to use the online reserve one after 10 PM tonight if no luck at Radio Shack. Hopefully they'll have one so I can pick it up tomorrow from the Apple Store.

I've tried Sams, but they only received 20 on day one. Needless to say, they're sold out.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I got a PM warning for my reply. Enough said as far as I'm concerned. Glad your having good service from your iPhone 5

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Sams Club in your area give them a shot, they are off the beaten path and in my area they have had a good supply so far.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issues with VZW and Apple here. No one has them, I ordered through VZW and have a ship by date of 10/18 and I'm on a waiting list at my local VZW store. If the store comes through I'll cancel my online order, if not I'll just wait, I'm not that impatient!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
damn, just checked online and no 5's to be found at any Apple store within 100 mile radius from me

that GS3 is looking pretty sweet right now...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you set on getting it at Apple? I've been surprised how many other stores here seem to have it. (Carriers, Best Buy, etc.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox