after making my daily phone calls a RadioShack employee said he has one on hold until 8:00pm. if the guy does not show up by then it's mine!

i will be going to that location around 7:45.. stalking.. waiting .. creeping
    09-27-2012 08:04 PM
    i basically harassed every store that had it or is going to have it, where i live and surrounding cities. NO LUCK

i called at&t and it's 14-21 days. hell i could change my mind by then!!
    Your best option is to stay away from the iphone 5 from what I have read on these forums. All kind of problems people are talking about. You might want to be sure and do your homework if you haven't already. First post Steve Jobs iPhone and its got a lot of problems.
    09-27-2012 09:30 PM
    Your best option is to stay away from the iphone 5 from what I have read on these forums. All kind of problems people are talking about. You might want to be sure and do your homework if you haven't already. First post Steve Jobs iPhone and its got a lot of problems.
    Do you actually own an iPhone 5?
    09-27-2012 09:45 PM
    Do you actually own an iPhone 5?
    I doubt it...bashing the iPhone 5 in many other threads...smells like a troll

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-27-2012 09:47 PM
    I have had ZERO problems with my phone, and fankly, I couldn't be happier with it. I was hesitant at first about the size, but it just fits in my hand, having LTE finally is awesome, the speed is great, no scuffs, scratches, dents, dings, or hiccups. People mainly come to forums with concerns or problems looking for solutions. If every thread was a re-hash of 'I love my phone like a love song' not nearly as many people would come here.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-27-2012 09:52 PM
    I have had ZERO problems with my phone, and fankly, I couldn't be happier with it. I was hesitant at first about the size, but it just fits in my hand, having LTE finally is awesome, the speed is great, no scuffs, scratches, dents, dings, or hiccups. People mainly come to forums with concerns or problems looking for solutions. If every thread was a re-hash of 'I love my phone like a love song' not nearly as many people would come here.
    100% agree!!
    09-27-2012 09:55 PM
    after making my daily phone calls a RadioShack employee said he has one on hold until 8:00pm. if the guy does not show up by then it's mine!

i will be going to that location around 7:45.. stalking.. waiting .. creeping
    the guy walked in at 7:56!! just my luck
    09-27-2012 10:15 PM
    Go to the Apple website at 10 pm local time and check availability. If they have what you want, you can reserve it and pick it up the next day.

They handle upgrades same as always.
    This one depends where you are. I've tried it every night since apple added the option, and there hasn't been an iPhone available for Verizon at an apple store within 350 miles. Even got up early to try my local apple store this morning, and they didn't have any at all when they opened.
    09-27-2012 10:16 PM
    Well I knew it would be around this time when I would have the money to be able to afford the iPhone 5, so I am just now looking for one as well.

Completely forgot about Radio Shack, will check them after I'm off work today. Local AT&T store said they are only doing online orders, with a 3-4 week ship time.

Going to Nashville Saturday for a meeting, going to use the online reserve one after 10 PM tonight if no luck at Radio Shack. Hopefully they'll have one so I can pick it up tomorrow from the Apple Store.

I've tried Sams, but they only received 20 on day one. Needless to say, they're sold out.
    09-28-2012 07:08 AM
    the guy walked in at 7:56!! just my luck
    so I guess you're getting one after all huh, eventually lol lucky I might be stuck waiting till next year
    09-28-2012 09:04 AM
    I got a PM warning for my reply. Enough said as far as I'm concerned. Glad your having good service from your iPhone 5
    09-28-2012 08:35 PM
    If you have a Sams Club in your area give them a shot, they are off the beaten path and in my area they have had a good supply so far.
    09-28-2012 09:51 PM
    I've had the same issues with VZW and Apple here. No one has them, I ordered through VZW and have a ship by date of 10/18 and I'm on a waiting list at my local VZW store. If the store comes through I'll cancel my online order, if not I'll just wait, I'm not that impatient!
    09-28-2012 10:01 PM
    damn, just checked online and no 5's to be found at any Apple store within 100 mile radius from me

that GS3 is looking pretty sweet right now...
    09-28-2012 11:31 PM
    Are you set on getting it at Apple? I've been surprised how many other stores here seem to have it. (Carriers, Best Buy, etc.)
    09-28-2012 11:41 PM
    man i've called everywhere in town and my name is on all of their lists AND i still call twice a day lol

now RadioShack wants you to make a $50 deposit (RadioShack card) to guarantee you will get a phone the next available. i don't want to commit to that cause i'm ready to pull the trigger at any moment with anyone!
    09-29-2012 12:01 AM
    damn, just checked online and no 5's to be found at any Apple store within 100 mile radius from me

that GS3 is looking pretty sweet right now...
    The same GS3 that has such awful battery life that it's now $50 with a 2 year commitment and will be $0 with a 2 year commitment come Black Friday?
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-29-2012 08:13 AM
    please lord forgive me for what i might do this weekend

i have upgrades and cash burnin a hole in my pocket!
    09-29-2012 08:33 AM
    Patience - wait for the 5... If you get a GS3 you'll eventually regret it
    09-29-2012 09:26 AM
    The same GS3 that has such awful battery life that it's now $50 with a 2 year commitment and will be $0 with a 2 year commitment come Black Friday?
    Not sure where you are seeing the GS3 for $50. On AT&T's website the GS3 is still $199 with a 2 year commitment. Even the refurbished GS3 is $99. I doubt we'll see a high end device like the GS3 going for anything less than that even around the holiday. It's funny that you bring up poor battery life on the GS3 as this is the exact same complaint that some people have with the iPhone 5. It seems to me that it is hit or miss with getting a smartphone that has good battery life. Users of both the GS3 and iPhone 5 have both had good and bad experiences with battery life.

Samsung Galaxy S III - Pebble Blue cell phone from AT&T
    09-29-2012 09:40 AM
    Rose, been all over the blogs for the last week.
    09-29-2012 11:50 AM
    I was in the same situation Blink, but luckily when I called RadioShack the guy told me they had been sitting on 10 of them for Verizon since launch day. So I'm waiting for my new 5 to finish syncing now. Hope you have better luck in the next couple of days.
    09-29-2012 12:23 PM
    I Pre ordered with radio shack and I am sol so far.....😡
    09-29-2012 12:26 PM
    please lord forgive me for what i might do this weekend

i have upgrades and cash burnin a hole in my pocket!
    Listen, IF you have an open mind and are willing to try out another platform, then go for it(SGS3). What's your worst case scenario, after say, two weeks you really don't like it, you go back to your 4S OR by that time maybe they'll have stock of the i5 you want and you could just make a swap. You have expressed your opinion recently that the SGS3 has interested you, BUT if you have any doubt in your mind about changing platforms, then hold your patience and your cash in a safe place and wait for the i5 if that's what you really want

Don't just upgrade and get the sgs3 just to get 'something' .......know what I mean
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-29-2012 12:49 PM
    The GS3 I have doesn't get the battery life I got on my iphone 4, true, but it lasts through the day no issues at all. I've been off charger since 2am last night, it's 1pm now, I am at 85%. I am easy getting 18-20 hours and don't have power saving on and brightness is at 30% (still very bright for this screen). Hell I have 8 widgets running and a live wallpaper as well.

I mean, I know this is iMore, I love my iPhone as much as everyone, I walk around at work all day with the iPhone 5 and love the feel of the design, but I'm not drooling to have one. The SGS3 is the first phone since my iPhone that has left me not drooling for other phones. After a couple months I'm usually bored with it and nitpicking to come up with excuses to buy another phone but I'm really happy with the 3...I won't change your mind but you made it sound like the phone went Patrick Bateman on the battery and that hasn't been my experience.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    09-29-2012 01:01 PM
55 123