iPhone 5 Camera Purple Haze

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
There are clouds in those pictures but they are not obstructing the sun in either case...especially in the 2nd picture, you have sun directly above the setting. There's no purple fringing at all...

My apologies and you are correct. I took several other pictures with my iP5 with the sun directly in the corner and I didn't once show up
with the purple flare. I guess it can just sporadically happen.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ya know, after thinking about this for a bit - i'm wondering for those of you that were beta testing iOS6, none of you never had this issue arise during any of the betas? :)i'm just curious...

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Legit issue clearly. Shame on Apple. Overly-easily scratched aluminum, crap camera purple haze, poor wi-fi performance with WPA2 networks, slow keyboard response on some apps (mostly non-iPhone 5 updated native apps), nicks and dings out of the box for some (not a majority situation), light leakage on the white iPhone, new lightning cables getting stuck in USB ports.....the list goes on.
Will everybody just take their Iphone 5 back to the store and get another one and shut up

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Will everybody just take their Iphone 5 back to the store and get another one and shut the hell up ing. Jesus christ and 25 By Gods

bru!!! holds up holds up!!!!!! you okay i think we can voice our opinion on the forum correct unless you have somehow been given the authority over everyone which i seriously doubt.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I took this just now focused directly on my ceiling fan light. I don't see any purple.
IMG_1039.jpg

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Will everybody just take their Iphone 5 back to the store and get another one and shut the hell up ing. Jesus christ and 25 By Gods

If you have nothing worth while to contribute to the topic of the thread please don't post in it. Nobody appreciates someone else junking up a thread with meaningless banter. Thanks.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I only tested on it a 4S and I didn't really test the camera app with certain lighting.

:);)gotcha. Well, maybe for the future iOS betas you guys/girls could consider taking more pics using diff light etc to test the camera app more extensively. I know there are other priorities as well, so just a suggestion maybe to keep in mind for the future:)

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
For those who build apps like bar code scanners and camera related apps, with launch of the iPhone 5 for developers improved camera will be welcomed by various genres of apps, from augmented reality to barcode scanners.

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually saw the purple before I took this picture...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348889994.031627.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348889994.031627.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 204

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am getting this purple haze too but what can we do? Software fix? Take the phone back to the store? Complain to apple? I swear if they say "you are taking the pictures wrong" (similar to you are holding it wrong due to death grip) I will flip.

Attachments

• IMG_4956.JPG
    IMG_4956.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 111

badbubba1

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
That's not chromatic aberration. Chromatic aberration is a purple fringe around the objects in the focal point of a picture usually caused by inferior lenses.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
What he said. The iphone 4S did the same thing although it seems more apparent on the iphone 5. So do other cameras. The more expensive cameras and lens already combat this.

Bottom line, change your angle and take a better picture. At least you see the purple on screen.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually come to think of it, my iPhone 4S kind of did the same thing. I guess this one is much more apparent. I guess I'll live with it.... Wait does the gs3 do this? ;) lol jk.

MarilynR

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I also saw the purple haze on my first iPhone 5 photo. Never saw this with the iPhone 4.

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 162