Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 5

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Opening weekend? The first iPhone sold around 700k the first weekend they were available, so if you're going on first weekend (which would be the only real legitimate basis since the iPhone 5 has only be out for less than a week), the first iPhone, the one that started it all, had the lowest total units sold in the first weekend.

And Apple still made a killing off of it, just like every...other...model.

I love the fact that we can now vote on the thread itself, lol...you received my first "Terrible" vote. Congrats!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Opening weekend? The first iPhone sold around 700k the first weekend they were available, so if you're going on first weekend (which would be the only real legitimate basis since the iPhone 5 has only be out for less than a week), the first iPhone, the one that started it all, had the lowest total units sold in the first weekend.

And Apple still made a killing off of it, just like every...other...model.

I love the fact that we can now vote on the thread itself, lol...you received my first "Terrible" vote. Congrats!

Not to mention that one had no App Store, 1 carrier and no contract pricing.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll just take a guess since there isn't any explanation on how this is actually supposed to be judged.

The first one sold the least, and the sales increased throughout each release. None of them sold "the worst".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just for sh*ts and giggles (and sheer boredom), i looked them all up based on opening weekend...

iPhone (1st Gen) - 700k
iPhone 3G - 1Million
iPhone 3GS - 1Million
iPhone 4 - 1.8Million
iPhone 4S - 4Million
iPhone 5 - 5Million

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This shouldn't be a poll? Isn't there like some factual statistics out there to determine this.. I don't get it.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so what's the best selling phone in the world? I'm trying to determine Apple's influence on the mobile world. We all knew since the first iPhone, that we had a hit. Except that most people still had Nokia, Motorolas and Blackberries. The iPhone remained a novelty. But as time went on, both popularity and sales of the iPhone continued to grow. And grow. And grow some more,

Well, just how much of the mobile market has the iPhone eaten up? And how do we find out.

What kind of people bought the iPhone 5 and why did they sell so many?

I find it fascinating, if you look at it, the iPhone hasn't yet sold more than all the other iPhones put together. Which means that people aren't upgrading.

Has Apple taken control of the mobile world?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so what's the best selling phone in the world? I'm trying to determine Apple's influence on the mobile world. We all knew since the first iPhone, that we had a hit. Except that most people still had Nokia, Motorolas and Blackberries. The iPhone remained a novelty. But as time went on, both popularity and sales of the iPhone continued to grow. And grow. And grow some more,

Well, just how much of the mobile market has the iPhone eaten up? And how do we find out.

What kind of people bought the iPhone 5 and why did they sell so many?

I find it fascinating, if you look at it, the iPhone hasn't yet sold more than all the other iPhones put together. Which means that people aren't upgrading.

Has Apple taken control of the mobile world?

Smartphones sales has increased across the board. People that didn't have smartphones in 2006 got one in 2007. And people that didn't have one in 2007 got one in 2008 and so on. As long as there are millions of people out there still using dumb phones there is potential for overall market share increase and growth in the smartphone market. Again, for what you seem to be looking for you should do some independent research that looks into how smartphones have grown and apples influence on the market.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This shouldn't be a poll? Isn't there like some factual statistics out there to determine this.. I don't get it.

Agreed. The OP is posting as of this type of stuff isn't discussed on tech blogs every week. Not really sure what they are looking for when they can get factual information by doing own research.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Even before seeing the numbers above, I would say the 1st gen iPhone was the 'worst' selling. Just because it was the beginning. The popularity of the iPhone has grown since then. It makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods