Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 5

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think more people would buy iPhones if they could afford it, even a lot of Android users would switch to iPhone for price.

I have a hunch that the majority of iPhone 5 owners consists of enthusiasts and first timers.

The most popular iPhone: It's a toss up between the iPhone 1 and the iPhone 4S, I think the 4S was the most popular iPhone. Also it was the coolest. Definately.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Even before seeing the numbers above, I would say the 1st gen iPhone was the 'worst' selling. Just because it was the beginning. The popularity of the iPhone has grown since then. It makes sense.

Yeah true. Worst selling though gives an impression that it had bad sales. It's just each subsequent model had better sales due to a variety of reasons such as changes in market, carrier contracts, developer support just to name a few. So yes the original iPhone sales pale in comparison to other models but still outstanding given the environment when RIM was king.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think more people would buy iPhones if they could afford it, even a lot of Android users would switch to iPhone for price.

I have a hunch that the majority of iPhone 5 owners consists of enthusiasts and first timers.

The most popular iPhone: It's a toss up between the iPhone 1 and the iPhone 4S, I think the 4S was the most popular iPhone. Also it was the coolest. Definately.

I do agree with you about cost. But that's why apple discounts the previous model. They would be comparable to any low or middle level android. And high end androids cost just as much as latest iPhone. So apple is definitely working on getting those that can't afford the newest model. I bet they will still sell a few more million of iPhone 4 and 4s because they are free or cheap right now.

And first timers and enthusiasts is what to want. The majority of iPhone users probably don't upgrade each war because its a device that can really last a couple years and you still get support from apple. Think about this. The iPhone 3GS came out in 2009 and got iOS 6. Not all the features due to hardware but nevertheless. How many androids that were made in 2009 or even 2010 will get jelly bean? Not many. And the ones that do will most likely get it by way of custom Roms and not google or oem support.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not until recently that I noticed that if you're part of the iPhone family, they treat you real good. Almost like if you own one iPhone, you've owned them all. People thought that the iPad had to be vastly different from the iPhone to be successful.

But not Apple. It's all about ecosystem. People model their lives from Apple.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Dumb dumb dumb... I think every time Apple talks about its iPhone, they state that each model outdid the former in an ever growing market. That info isn't even interesting. As to which smartphone sold the best, what a stupid question right now. It took a month for Samsung to sell 6 millions GSIII, and it's record sales for them - Apple just sold 5 millions in two days. And if popularity is not to be determined by sales only, then you can pretty much assume it will be one of the iPhone that wins anyway. Ecosystem figures - no other platform nor brand ever got one so developped, popularity equals support and development.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the fact that Apple isn't slowing down. But it would be nice to see something else for once. And I'm not talking about anything Android.

Like, why doesn't Windows Phones have some support or something.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the fact that Apple isn't slowing down. But it would be nice to see something else for once. And I'm not talking about anything Android.

Like, why doesn't Windows Phones have some support or something.

Go to their forums and ask them. Better yet, buy a windows device and see why it may not be as good. Experience is better than hearsay. Do people join these forums just to stir up stuff?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods