I bought it for my iPhone 5 and new iPad. I say yes.
    09-28-2012 10:22 PM
    For myself AC+ is definitely worth it. Insurance isn't for everyone, though.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-28-2012 10:23 PM
    I thought Applecare was an essential buy this time. Partly because I probably will keep it longer than a year this time and getting an extra year of warranty is worthwhile. I don't see the next iphone being a compelling upgrade from this and the early upgrade pricing is over with me being at Verizon. This is a killer phone. Thin, light, fast as hell, 1gb ram, 64gb, LTE, nice camera, etc. The next big holdout feature for me would be higher res again.

In the event I don't keep it over a year, like the one poster said, get a refund on part of it or just use it to boost the sales value.

I also considered squaretrade since the 64gb version has more value in that plan. A bit more hassle but covers more incidents (of it being my fault). But the fact i've never had an incident before makes me inclined to think i'm covered enough with the two Apple offers.
    09-28-2012 10:40 PM
    If you travel, AC+ is great - any Apple store, anywhere, can do the replacement if you need to make a claim anywhere in the world. Along with points alreay made above, that's what sold me.
    09-29-2012 12:10 AM
    The only reason I may not get a plan is because i will have 4 upgrades available in feb. so I'll most likely get the next iPhone just because I have the upgrades and can actually make some money and I usually don't carry coverage anyhow. I'll see though over the next week. I'm also thinking about upgrading to 64gb too so that will influence the decision as well.
    09-29-2012 12:54 AM
    I think the big question is how much a refurbish/replacement iphone 5 is going to cost now. If it is still 199 then apple care is probably not a great deal.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    09-29-2012 01:40 AM
    I got it when I bought my iPhone 5 yesterday. It's worth the $99 to me. I don't have a history of breaking phones.
    So if I get two physical damage covers for $49 each within two years, it's worth the safety net for me.
    same here. I used Apple Care to replace my iPhone 4 in February (just shy of two years since I got it launch day) when the power button started acting flaky. That held me over until I got the 5 so I didn't have to spend $200 on a replacement phone when I was going to be upgrading in a couple of months anyway. Adding AC+ with the 2 replacements for accidental damage seems like a good deal too.... got AC+ on both our iPhone 5.

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:02 AM ----------

If you travel, AC+ is great - any Apple store, anywhere, can do the replacement if you need to make a claim anywhere in the world. Along with points alreay made above, that's what sold me.
    In my post above, I talk about replacing the iPhone 4 when the power button went flaky. We live near DC and were in FL when this happened, got it replaced while at dinner, restored from iCloud, back in business.
    09-29-2012 09:02 AM
    I don't think I'll get apple care +. Ill more than likely go with Squaretrade.
    09-29-2012 09:42 AM
    I think the big question is how much a refurbish/replacement iphone 5 is going to cost now. If it is still 199 then apple care is probably not a great deal.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

iPhone model Out-of-Warranty Service
    iPhone 5 $229
    iPhone 4S $199
    iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
    iPhone 3G, Original iPhone $149
    09-29-2012 10:28 AM
    Cool thanks. As my economics professor once said don't insure anything you can afford to buy easily. I can spend $99/yr + $49 deductible to insure something I can get for $229. Doesn't really make sense.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

iPhone model Out-of-Warranty Service
    iPhone 5 $229
    iPhone 4S $199
    iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
    iPhone 3G, Original iPhone $149
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-29-2012 04:24 PM

This assumes a person can get one at the discounted price. If a person damages their phone beyond use and doesn't have any coverage then they would have to pay full retail for one pr look on the open market. So there's additional things to consider because everyone won't be able to get discounted pricing.
    09-29-2012 04:31 PM
    True, but I wonder how many people have "catastrophic" damage (where the 229 may not be available). I bet most claims are less than catastrophic damage. In any event, it seems you have to be very risk adverse to get the warranty

(Now, I bet I will have catastrophic damage after taking such a line!)

This assumes a person can get one at the discounted price. If a person damages their phone beyond use and doesn't have any coverage then they would have to pay full retail for one pr look on the open market. So there's additional things to consider because everyone won't be able to get discounted pricing.
    09-29-2012 08:56 PM
    Cool thanks. As my economics professor once said don't insure anything you can afford to buy easily. I can spend $99/yr + $49 deductible to insure something I can get for $229. Doesn't really make sense.
    It's not $99/year. And the $49 is only for accidental. $0 if it is warranty after the first year.
    09-30-2012 06:07 PM
    If a hardware issue occurs after a year with Apple care + it's no worries.
    09-30-2012 06:32 PM
    If you have an apple store nearby then it is definitely worth it to get it. You can go in and walk out with a new iPhone. Used to you could have your iPhone 4 replaced for free as long as you were honest and didnt bring your phone in dripping wet with water. They were very cool (at least at the store I frequent in Houston).

Now with the replacement system being tied up with Apple Care + with the phones I think you have to pay something to have your phone switched out ($50).

---------- Post Merged at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:31 PM ----------

If you have an apple store nearby then it is definitely worth it to get it. You can go in and walk out with a new iPhone. Used to you could have your iPhone 4 replaced for free as long as you were honest and didnt bring your phone in dripping wet with water. They were very cool (at least at the store I frequent in Houston).

Now with the replacement system being tied up with Apple Care + with the phones I think you have to pay something to have your phone switched out ($50).
    09-30-2012 11:31 PM
    No.

http://aos.prf.hn/click/camref:1100l...are-for-iphone

$50 is for accidental, like if its "dripping wet". $0 if its warranty. That's the extra $30 for AC+ vs the old AC -- the additional accidental coverage.
    10-01-2012 08:11 AM
    My gf used her AppleCare (not +) in April when her iPhone 4 started have issues charging. She was two months from here AC expiring. They swapped her phone on the spot. She said is was definatly worth what she paid to have to have the peace of mind. We both plan on getting AC+ when our phones arrive.
    10-01-2012 08:34 AM
    My gf used her AppleCare (not +) in April when her iPhone 4 started have issues charging. She was two months from here AC expiring. They swapped her phone on the spot. She said is was definatly worth what she paid to have to have the peace of mind. We both plan on getting AC+ when our phones arrive.
    FYI, depending on how you approach the genius bar, they tend to do this kind of replacement for people even when their warranties are expired...the iPhone might be a bit less common, but on the Mac side of things, they are pretty lenient when it comes to malfunctioning hardware that isn't caused by the owner.
    10-01-2012 08:41 AM
    FYI, depending on how you approach the genius bar, they tend to do this kind of replacement for people even when their warranties are expired...the iPhone might be a bit less common, but on the Mac side of things, they are pretty lenient when it comes to malfunctioning hardware that isn't caused by the owner.
    My friend had an instance where they replaced his iPad 2 with a cracked screen for free. He had AppleCare but missed AppleCare+ by a month because it wasn't out yet.
    10-01-2012 10:25 AM
    I have it and like it. It was a much better deal than verizon's TEC insurance
    10-01-2012 10:30 AM
45 12