Apple A6 Processor

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been searching the interwebz for the actual clock speed of the A6 processor only to find inconclusive results. I have found where they listed the clock speed at 1GHz, 1.02GHz, 1.2GHz, and so on(all Dual-Core) all with 1GB of DDR2 Ram(the Ram seems to be fairly consistent). Does anyone here know the definitive answer on the seemingly elusive specs of the A6?

Thanks!

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess Apple did not publish it yet because the specs would deceive the real speed and processing it can achieve in an iOS device. The specs of the 4S are minimal compared to most phones on the market right now; and even when it was released, many people thought that the specs bump did not justify the upgrade. And yet the 4S still ranges high in benchmark tests, nothing to be shy of. The A6 processor of the iP5 would thus be defined by "results" : the inevitable benchmark tests, but also Apple's own way to present the thing. "Twice faster than the 4S A5 chip", "22% smaller", "More power efficient", ... And of course, they relied on something else to eclipse the specs : Apple based ARM A15. Anyone to complain on the results by now?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Numbers on paper are useless if the device can't perform the same or better than the competition...watch the hundreds of comparison videos online of the performance of the iPhone 5.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Precisely!

---------- Post Merged at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:21 PM ----------

The OP can still refer to the recent article posted by Rene about another article on Fixit : the taking apart of the A6.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Being a tech nut that I am I just still wanted to know what it was. Curiosity for curiosities sake I suppose.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It depends.... Yes it can be clocked at all of those speeds depending on the need and power management desire.

Where is your proof of this? Just because a buggy app is giving different frequencies doesn't mean that the iPhone has dynamic frequency management. In fact nothing points it and I would be far beyond shocked if it did. Every article I've read by "experts" agree with this. Your going to have to come to bat with some proof to get me on this train.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Where is your proof of this? Just because a buggy app is giving different frequencies doesn't mean that the iPhone has dynamic frequency management. In fact nothing points it and I would be far beyond shocked if it did. Every article I've read by "experts" agree with this. Your going to have to come to bat with some proof to get me on this train.

Yeah I agree for now. Just doing some reading and they said as of now they aren't detecting any frequency management where the processor can overclock or underclock based on the task. It would be cool if it could but no evidence that its possible. And we all know apple isn't one to brag about internal specs.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2