Iphone 5 Apples Demise?

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, anyway, while Google Maps is growing and getting more and more features, we'll be paying for the hasty decision that Apple made. Literally. Waiting for slow updates.

Did you know Google is getting Underwater maps now? Nobody needed 3d maps, we had street view.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
...while Google Maps is growing and getting more and more features...Did you know Google is getting Underwater maps now? Nobody needed 3d maps, we had street view.

That's great! Especially since I just modded my 944 for underwater driving.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348724504.390365.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348724504.390365.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, anyway, while Google Maps is growing and getting more and more features, we'll be paying for the hasty decision that Apple made. Literally. Waiting for slow updates.

Did you know Google is getting Underwater maps now? Nobody needed 3d maps, we had street view.

What features?! Best one you could get was underwater maps - not a deal breaker!

What hasty decision? What part of the dozen answers you got did you not understand? How in the world do you picture people at Apple - all jeans and baba cool - taking hasty decisions?

Why slow updates? In one update they could fix many minor problems...

And again, regarding Google, it's not about the 3D maps, it's about Turn by turn...

What you got here is a whole new engine and service, and already, in addition to perfectly coherent usual 2D maps/satellite view/hybrid, they're offering 3D and Turn by turn as features that, though they may not be universally and infaillibly usable, are still fully implemented...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniel Gaming freak

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Traffic in Apple Maps shows significantly less fine detail. If you review Google Maps comparing Apple Maps for the same zoom level, Google Maps is really a lot more descriptive. I do hope Apple find a method to appreciably boost actual problem with Apple Maps soon because Apple Maps has outdated common road regions in important major cities.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What is it with these companies that try to "roll the dice" against Google in order to obtain a monopoly.

Microsoft tried to pwn Google for 10 years with Bing and they've gotten NOWHERE.

I mean, nowhere.

Now Apple's trying to do it with Maps. You think they might want to try to start their own search engine?

They could. It might only be able to pull up like 2 pages but still.

Bing was released in 2009...prior to that, MSN (which existed far before Google was even a thought). Again, you have half wit information you try to push as fact. You're a very uninformed troll.

nitinparmar1985

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
ok i must be missing something here.

Ive been using the Apple Maps since the upgrade (before that i used navfree UK) and i have had NO problems at all.

Maps work fine, 3D maps are cool, it even had my work place in 3D. turn by turn has worked flawlessly and ive used it everyday so far.

I even set a route one day and went the wrong way to see if it would re-calc quickly and it did.....

what were people expecting? more? drive for you? transport you to the location?

seriously *rolls eyes*

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
ok i must be missing something here.

Ive been using the Apple Maps since the upgrade (before that i used navfree UK) and i have had NO problems at all.

Maps work fine, 3D maps are cool, it even had my work place in 3D. turn by turn has worked flawlessly and ive used it everyday so far.

I even set a route one day and went the wrong way to see if it would re-calc quickly and it did.....

what were people expecting? more? drive for you? transport you to the location?

seriously *rolls eyes*

You're not missing anything, we have a group of trolls that run around this website from time to time who try and capitalize on sensationalistic headlines that point to negative aspects of the iPhone...in this case, some absolutely moot rendering or loading problems with the map system, where the troll/s are making it seem like the entire system is useless and broken. They'll burn off after the iPhone release hype has died down a little bit, and things will get back to normal.

nitinparmar1985

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
You're not missing anything, we have a group of trolls that run around this website from time to time who try and capitalize on sensationalistic headlines that point to negative aspects of the iPhone...in this case, some absolutely moot rendering or loading problems with the map system, where the troll/s are making it seem like the entire system is useless and broken. They'll burn off after the iPhone release hype has died down a little bit, and things will get back to normal.

ahhh i see.....thanks Sean

iipphhoonnee

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
First off, I am an apple fan boy so far from a troll. I have been reading and contributing to the overwhelming complaints, issues, bugs, defects of this phone. I LOVE my 5 and only see the artifacts across my space bar when adding my password for the app store. I also have a VERY difficult time typing, especially with the space bar being non responsive, resulting in a lot of run on words.

I have seen nothing of the dings and scratches of the device and certainly dont see any issues hardware wise. I am not concerned with the maps issue as I am sure there will be an update or addition to fix these problems.

I just think would this have happened with Steve at the helm still? All the leaks which turned out to be 100% accurate almost 30-45 days prior to announcement is not very Jobs like and how about these seemingly nagging issues with the release. Is the company losing its grip as the king? I am an adopter of the stock last year so while I am thrilled with the value, I am just wondering if this is the demise on wall street too. Google just exploded the last 3 days and now is an all time high. Obviously Apple is near its high and the amount of shares and market cap far exceed Google.

I hope they hit a home run on the ipad mini because another potential fail, (not that the iphone is one by all means), people may start shifting their allegiance away from the fruit.

Just venting I guess. haha

i wonder if apple would be better if it still had steve jobs!! rip

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Bing was released in 2009...prior to that, MSN (which existed far before Google was even a thought). Again, you have half wit information you try to push as fact. You're a very uninformed troll.

I'm not going to troll you, I just want to say that MSN was launched in August 1995 while Google was launched January 1996. Not much of a time-lapse. :)

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Quote me, but I wonder if Apple is willing to switch Siri to using Bing instead of Google. That would be kind of cool.

As soon as Apple Maps was proposed I knew it was a bad idea. So all the publicity plus the apology letters make me feel so VINDICATED right now. I see what they tried to do, but 1000's of missing roads is not risk I'm willing to take.

I'm a traveler and when some places are simply not mapped, I don't have time for that. Apple Maps is not an option for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Quote me, but I wonder if Apple is willing to switch Siri to using Bing instead of Google. That would be kind of cool.

As soon as Apple Maps was proposed I knew it was a bad idea. So all the publicity plus the apology letters make me feel so VINDICATED right now. I see what they tried to do, but 1000's of missing roads is not risk I'm willing to take.

I'm a traveler and when some places are simply not mapped, I don't have time for that. Apple Maps is not an option for me.

Any chance you're going to travel out of range of the internet for a very extended amount of time? I'd be willing to put some money towards it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I'm not going to troll you, I just want to say that MSN was launched in August 1995 while Google was launched January 1996. Not much of a time-lapse. :)

Actually, if you want to get technical...MSN actually launched in 1996 where as Google (as a research project) began in 1995 (basically coming into existence), it did not launch until 1998, so my comment stands that MSN launched before google was even thought of. In terms of technology, that's a substantial amount of time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh but don't you know, Sean? Maps is really the only thing you can use on an iPhone to get directions... :D

Oh i know, and what sucks worse is when I'm using it in the real world, i spend 99% of the time looking for roads that weren't rendered correctly so i can post them online and forget where i was actually trying to get directions to.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh i know, and what sucks worse is when I'm using it in the real world, i spend 99% of the time looking for roads that weren't rendered correctly so i can post them online and forget where i was actually trying to get directions to.

I'm with you man... let's go back to using flip phones. No expectations, no deceptions! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2