Iphone 5 Apples Demise?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No, I was here stating my opinion, but apparently that's called trolling so yes. Shoot me, idgaf.

It's not all about the Maps. Honestly, I could give a rat's ass about the Maps. I'm just saying Android is much more customizable than iOS let alone having to root/jailbreak. Android manufactors support rooting , and projects like CyanogenMod, AOSP, AOKP, etc. They even provide tools to help root it. When Apple does, you can hit me up on AndroidCentral (TheNameIsNigel) , a well known developer, and samartian. So don't you dare bash me for trying to state my opinion.

Yes I agree it's more customizable. But that's not something no one knows. It all depends on the user if they care about those things. For instance, I like being able to tweak stuff but my wife hates all the menu options and how to find stuff and long pressing brings up a separate set of options. But that's her. But in my opinion from my own personal experience, usability is more important than being able to add widgets or tweak settings. Don't get me wrong. Those things are cool but not enough to make see say its better. It's just different. At the end of the day those things mean little to me and a lot of others. While those things mean a lot to others. But there are actual people that don't care about tinkering and just want to use the phone as it is. And there's nothing wrong with that.

P.s. I'm not going to bash you for your opinion. I just think what is of value to you isn't valuable to others and vice versa. And I respect that.

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Clearly Nigel, you are here to troll. Now I can ignore you, knowing I will miss absolutely nothing.
Clearly, you are someone who label everyone who has individuality as trolls. Now if you excuse me, I'll be heading back to the approiate forums to finish this recovery that people care so much about. You're dismissed.

Yes I agree it's more customizable. But that's not something no one knows. It all depends on the user if they care about those things. For instance, I like being able to tweak stuff but my wife hates all the menu options and how to find stuff and long pressing brings up a separate set of options. But that's her. But in my opinion from my own personal experience, usability is more important than being able to add widgets or tweak settings. Don't get me wrong. Those things are cool but not enough to make see say its better. It's just different. At the end of the day those things mean little to me and a lot of others. While those things mean a lot to others. But there are actual people that don't care about tinkering and just want to use the phone as it is. And there's nothing wrong with that.

P.s. I'm not going to bash you for your opinion. I just think what is of value to you isn't valuable to others and vice versa. And I respect that.

Okay cool. I just wanted to state that. I will not bother you guys anymore.

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
i kind of get where this idea is sprouting from. sometimes..the hype can be generated because..it's from apple. horrible example..but even jimmy kimmel's short parody/demo that people who were given an iphone 5, when it just the iphone 4s..thought to deem it "oh it's definitely faster/lighter"..just saying, a placebo effect does take place since it's Apple Inc. Only true apple fanboys/girls would really know the hardware and details (it's a simple google search quite honestly) but not everyone will understand. that's why sometimes..you present a dummy with money an iphone 5 and they will get it without the whereabouts of the phone.

on the side note, nothing with apple's demise lol because they are not in demise o_O..
i wish i can conduct a small experiment. if i could load a iphone 4s hardware onto an iphone 5 body...will you still get it? everything "under the glass" is the same, even the weight. just the structure of the iphone 5 body+screen changed.

secondly, if jobs were still to take stand of apple, i would agree that things might have turned out differently...i mean cook and jobs are not the same person obviously, jk (bad joke) but jobs kept the thrill on his customers.. on the contrast, it isn't just jobs working on the phone, it's his team...not just ceo, but designer, developer etc.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt say any product that currently has a 3-4 week waiting period due to backorder could be considered a failure....

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been booted off forums before because of the Android user's scorn.

Android users just run on and on and on about their devices. And in the back of my mind, I'm like, "okay, so what, I still don't want that POS" every time they do it.

WE KNOW ABOUT ANDROID ALREADY.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been booted off forums before because of the Android user's scorn.

Android users just run on and on and on about their devices. And in the back of my mind, I'm like, "okay, so what, I still don't want that POS" every time they do it.

WE KNOW ABOUT ANDROID ALREADY.

Lol. Personally I'm way past the "my phone/OS is better than yours". I'll try any device to see the strengths and weakness. At the end of the day people need to just stop caring about what others prefer to use and just use what they like themselves. Well, unless they have a blackberry then you can laugh at them lol. J/K.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Stop it. No more talking about Apple Maps. We're not going to get anywhere, even if it's complete crap. Even if it looks like it came out of the 90's. Even if you get stranded because of it. People are still going to think it's the best because they, like, Apple.

I don't have time for this. I rejected iOS 6 and I'm dammd proud of it.

Who said anything about it being the best? I just said it worked fine...it certainly doesn't have the detail or polish that Google maps has, then again, it's only been in use for about a week now...

Also, do you want a cookie or something for skipping iOS 6? Nobody gives a sh*t about your trolling accomplishments...and i just respond and argue with you because you make yourself look like an a*s clown nearly every time you post.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ignoring Sean, I've noticed a fundamental change in Apple. And who wouldn't this is just the beginning of Cook's 'Apple'. It could be said that the iPhones that have been coming out are not perfect. But they're not perfect because they're infant technologies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ignoring Sean, Apple has some wiggle room, but it won't be long before things get serious. The iPhone is still fairly new. Regardless of it's features, people will still be talking about it for years to come.

You can't ignore me sweetheart, my banter (and others that respond to your asinine drivel) is the only reason you exist here...

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You can't ignore me sweetheart, my banter (and others that respond to your asinine drivel) is the only reason you exist here...

I'm not looking for a response. I'm just here to make sure that people know that this rollout was not well recieved by me. In fact, it's worse than I had originally anticipated. I've been one to take it back.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ignoring Sean, I've noticed a fundamental change in Apple. And who wouldn't this is just the beginning of Cook's 'Apple'. It could be said that the iPhones that have been coming out are not perfect. But they're not perfect because they're infant technologies.

Yeah but I don't fully buy that either. Antenna-gate was under jobs watch. And before that the iPhone 3G and 3GS case cracking and no copy and paste or landscape mode or video camera or flash. iPhones have been far from perfect since the beginning. It's always about the total package vs the competition.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Stop it. No more talking about Apple Maps. We're not going to get anywhere, even if it's complete crap. Even if it looks like it came out of the 90's. Even if you get stranded because of it. People are still going to think it's the best because they, like, Apple.

I don't have time for this. I rejected iOS 6 and I'm dammd proud of it.

How did motoleo get back in here? Did someone leave the door open again?

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but I don't fully buy that either. Antenna-gate was under jobs watch. And before that the iPhone 3G and 3GS case cracking and no copy and paste or landscape mode or video camera or flash. iPhones have been far from perfect since the beginning. It's always about the total package vs the competition.

True true. That was to be my next comment. Apple's devices may not please perfection. But they have wiggle room because they're already decades ahead of the competition.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not looking for a response. I'm just here to make sure that people know that this rollout was not well recieved by me. In fact, it's worse than I had originally anticipated. I've been one to take it back.

You think somebody actually cares that the phone was not well received? You actually think people read your crap on here as anything less than the useless troll drivel that it is?

That is so pitiful.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not to say that I don't like the next one. In a way, I'm kind of like Apple, I know when to let things go. I don't know what the point of dropping Google Maps serves. I'm quite perplexed by that move. Maybe we'll find out later.

Messy Maps. It's like going to France and instead if getting a perfectly good Map you get a kind of remembered but mostly forgot Map written down on a dirty old napkin.

It's just funny.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's not to say that I don't like the next one. In a way, I'm kind of like Apple, I know when to let things go. I don't know what the point of dropping Google Maps serves. I'm quite perplexed by that move. Maybe we'll find out later.

Messy Maps. It's like going to France and instead if getting a perfectly good Map you get a kind of remembered but mostly forgot Map written down on a dirty old napkin.

It's just funny.

I read one of the possible reasons was googles lack of improvements of the apps. Such as turn by turn. At the end of the day it's all attributed to apple ridding its native OS of google's location services. Apple probably realized that it needs to be more independent and not rely on your top rival to improve your OS. Google needs iOS more than iOS needs google because google depends on knowing what users do around the world. And not being on iOS is taking away millions of users that google cannot track anymore. Not saying I agree with the move but I'm sure this was a strategic decision that took a lot of thought. A lot more than we would ever know. The YouTube app google put in the App Store is already better than the native iOS one. Why is that? Why couldn't google make the native one as good? This is exactly why apple is separating themselves. And you'll see the same thing with Samsung as they try to get back into software and offer their own stuff.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's just funny.

Apple Dropped Google Maps Because of One Key Feature: Report - US Business News - CNBC

...so instead of whining and b*tching about it, and trying to half assed copy them (like Scamsung does), they developed their own...does it have some faults? Sure! It's a brand freakin' new map system. But like everything else Apple has developed, it will find its balance, and it will achieve success. Sucks for Google, they could have remained relevant to the Apple crowd, and now they're just going to become history.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple Dropped Google Maps Because of One Key Feature: Report - US Business News - CNBC

...so instead of whining and b*tching about it, and trying to half assed copy them (like Scamsung does), they developed their own...does it have some faults? Sure! It's a brand freakin' new map system. But like everything else Apple has developed, it will find its balance, and it will achieve success. Sucks for Google, they could have remained relevant to the Apple crowd, and now they're just going to become history.

And why is it that no one remembers what a piece of crap Google Maps was when it launched years ago on the BlackBerry platform? Even 6 years ago when it launched on the original iPhone it was pure crap. Give Apple a few years and they'll be kicking Google's @$$ with Apple maps... write it down. In ink.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a flawed philosophy. Forget Google?

Google the company has imperial influence. In fact, if it wasn't for Google, none of us would be here right now.

I just never thought that Apple would be the Mapping type. I don't know why they think it's valuable to them. It's not because Apple wanted features that Google couldn't give. Google Maps has more features than Apple Maps will ever have in the near future.

So, I mean I just don't get it.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, I used Apple Maps to route a hundred mile trip without any problems. Turn-by-turn and the hybrid map worked perfectly.