But you don't earn a Monopoly by being crappy. I mean look at Bing. It'll never get off the ground. They're wasting resources.

I have faith in Apple Maps in like 20 years from now. But I don't wait that long. I've used it and it seems cool but you can tell it's going to take a looooong time to become relevant.
    Dude again I'm not going to go back and forth about 1 app I barely use. And my stance is the same.... Apple or any other company can decide to use google or now. Not sure why you think everything revolves around google or doesn't for me. I use 2 google apps... Reader and voice. Everything else there's a sufficient option available. Again sounds like you want google to have the monopoly but for everyone else that can't do what they want and this is why others say to are trolling. In one thread apple is decades past the competition now you'll have faith in 20 years. Ok man. I'm done with this nonsense. Good luck with whatever you decide is your platform of choice.
    09-26-2012 11:24 PM
    Good lord. If you don't like apple maps...great.
    I'm thinking about it now, and am getting pissed off at how many times google maps got me lost over the years(showed businesses at incorrect locations). And now I'm having to hear that it was the glue holding the most valuable company in the WORLD.
    Pffft.
    09-26-2012 11:25 PM
    It's not even recommended to get an anti-virus unless you downloaded shady apps. And you can always opt-out to that crap. I hated my iPhone 5 so I switched back to my Epic 4G Touch and smashed the dumb iPhone 5. Worse spent money EVER.
    If you want people to believe what you are saying is true and you actually "smashed the dumb iPhone 5" then that makes you look not very smart. You spent all that money on a product you obviously didn't research enough or wait for reviews to see if you liked it. And you spent AT LEAST $200 on it and it lasted less than 5 days and you destroyed it. Not very smart at all.

And yes, my Galaxy S3 on Sprint "recommened an anti-virus" on Sprint Zone. The app had a huge red "!" next to "security" every time I opened the app. On my buddy's EVO 4G LTE the same thing. It IS recommened even by google if you look at their help doc. And it just proves out that they allow "shady apps" on their marketplace without much content revision. Which is a problem in itself. Basically you can't explore apps with android safely.
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-26-2012 11:30 PM
    There's no disadvantage to not upgrading. You could upgrade or not upgrade. I'm not sure it would make a difference.
    09-26-2012 11:46 PM
    The most hilarious thing about this thread is that if you look at my start date? 2003, I was here before the first iphone.. which means I had first phone with keyboard, First Samsung keyboard phone, Treos..... Androids, first iphone... And every phone release there are threads labeled "Is this "new phone" Going to be the Demise of ....
    09-27-2012 12:18 AM
    ...I mean look at Bing. It'll never get off the ground.
    I switched my default search engines to Bing. It has worked well so far.
    TaliZorah likes this.
    09-27-2012 12:55 AM
    Well, anyway, while Google Maps is growing and getting more and more features, we'll be paying for the hasty decision that Apple made. Literally. Waiting for slow updates.

Did you know Google is getting Underwater maps now? Nobody needed 3d maps, we had street view.
    09-27-2012 01:31 AM
    ...while Google Maps is growing and getting more and more features...Did you know Google is getting Underwater maps now? Nobody needed 3d maps, we had street view.

That's great! Especially since I just modded my 944 for underwater driving.
    Attached Thumbnails Iphone 5 Apples Demise?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1348724504.390365.jpg  
    Last edited by Exxod; 09-27-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    TaliZorah and DaPhoneking like this.
    09-27-2012 01:41 AM
    Well, anyway, while Google Maps is growing and getting more and more features, we'll be paying for the hasty decision that Apple made. Literally. Waiting for slow updates.

Did you know Google is getting Underwater maps now? Nobody needed 3d maps, we had street view.
    What features?! Best one you could get was underwater maps - not a deal breaker!

What hasty decision? What part of the dozen answers you got did you not understand? How in the world do you picture people at Apple - all jeans and baba cool - taking hasty decisions?

Why slow updates? In one update they could fix many minor problems...

And again, regarding Google, it's not about the 3D maps, it's about Turn by turn...

What you got here is a whole new engine and service, and already, in addition to perfectly coherent usual 2D maps/satellite view/hybrid, they're offering 3D and Turn by turn as features that, though they may not be universally and infaillibly usable, are still fully implemented...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-27-2012 02:56 AM
    I switched my default search engines to Bing. It has worked well so far.
    I am not a fan of anything Google. I too use Bing as my default. I love it!
    09-27-2012 03:08 AM
    Traffic in Apple Maps shows significantly less fine detail. If you review Google Maps comparing Apple Maps for the same zoom level, Google Maps is really a lot more descriptive. I do hope Apple find a method to appreciably boost actual problem with Apple Maps soon because Apple Maps has outdated common road regions in important major cities.
    09-27-2012 06:52 AM
    I am not a fan of anything Google. I too use Bing as my default. I love it!
    So you don't use YouTube?
    09-27-2012 07:55 AM
    What is it with these companies that try to "roll the dice" against Google in order to obtain a monopoly.

Microsoft tried to pwn Google for 10 years with Bing and they've gotten NOWHERE.

I mean, nowhere.

Now Apple's trying to do it with Maps. You think they might want to try to start their own search engine?

They could. It might only be able to pull up like 2 pages but still.
    Bing was released in 2009...prior to that, MSN (which existed far before Google was even a thought). Again, you have half wit information you try to push as fact. You're a very uninformed troll.
    DaPhoneking and Fausty82 like this.
    09-27-2012 08:00 AM
    ok i must be missing something here.

Ive been using the Apple Maps since the upgrade (before that i used navfree UK) and i have had NO problems at all.

Maps work fine, 3D maps are cool, it even had my work place in 3D. turn by turn has worked flawlessly and ive used it everyday so far.

I even set a route one day and went the wrong way to see if it would re-calc quickly and it did.....

what were people expecting? more? drive for you? transport you to the location?

seriously *rolls eyes*
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-27-2012 11:10 AM
    ok i must be missing something here.

Ive been using the Apple Maps since the upgrade (before that i used navfree UK) and i have had NO problems at all.

Maps work fine, 3D maps are cool, it even had my work place in 3D. turn by turn has worked flawlessly and ive used it everyday so far.

I even set a route one day and went the wrong way to see if it would re-calc quickly and it did.....

what were people expecting? more? drive for you? transport you to the location?

seriously *rolls eyes*
    You're not missing anything, we have a group of trolls that run around this website from time to time who try and capitalize on sensationalistic headlines that point to negative aspects of the iPhone...in this case, some absolutely moot rendering or loading problems with the map system, where the troll/s are making it seem like the entire system is useless and broken. They'll burn off after the iPhone release hype has died down a little bit, and things will get back to normal.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    09-27-2012 11:12 AM
    You're not missing anything, we have a group of trolls that run around this website from time to time who try and capitalize on sensationalistic headlines that point to negative aspects of the iPhone...in this case, some absolutely moot rendering or loading problems with the map system, where the troll/s are making it seem like the entire system is useless and broken. They'll burn off after the iPhone release hype has died down a little bit, and things will get back to normal.
    ahhh i see.....thanks Sean
    09-27-2012 11:22 AM
    First off, I am an apple fan boy so far from a troll. I have been reading and contributing to the overwhelming complaints, issues, bugs, defects of this phone. I LOVE my 5 and only see the artifacts across my space bar when adding my password for the app store. I also have a VERY difficult time typing, especially with the space bar being non responsive, resulting in a lot of run on words.

I have seen nothing of the dings and scratches of the device and certainly dont see any issues hardware wise. I am not concerned with the maps issue as I am sure there will be an update or addition to fix these problems.

I just think would this have happened with Steve at the helm still? All the leaks which turned out to be 100% accurate almost 30-45 days prior to announcement is not very Jobs like and how about these seemingly nagging issues with the release. Is the company losing its grip as the king? I am an adopter of the stock last year so while I am thrilled with the value, I am just wondering if this is the demise on wall street too. Google just exploded the last 3 days and now is an all time high. Obviously Apple is near its high and the amount of shares and market cap far exceed Google.

I hope they hit a home run on the ipad mini because another potential fail, (not that the iphone is one by all means), people may start shifting their allegiance away from the fruit.

Just venting I guess. haha
    i wonder if apple would be better if it still had steve jobs!! rip
    09-27-2012 12:56 PM
    Bing was released in 2009...prior to that, MSN (which existed far before Google was even a thought). Again, you have half wit information you try to push as fact. You're a very uninformed troll.
    I'm not going to troll you, I just want to say that MSN was launched in August 1995 while Google was launched January 1996. Not much of a time-lapse.
    09-28-2012 08:16 PM
    Quote me, but I wonder if Apple is willing to switch Siri to using Bing instead of Google. That would be kind of cool.

As soon as Apple Maps was proposed I knew it was a bad idea. So all the publicity plus the apology letters make me feel so VINDICATED right now. I see what they tried to do, but 1000's of missing roads is not risk I'm willing to take.

I'm a traveler and when some places are simply not mapped, I don't have time for that. Apple Maps is not an option for me.
    09-28-2012 09:12 PM
    Quote me, but I wonder if Apple is willing to switch Siri to using Bing instead of Google. That would be kind of cool.

As soon as Apple Maps was proposed I knew it was a bad idea. So all the publicity plus the apology letters make me feel so VINDICATED right now. I see what they tried to do, but 1000's of missing roads is not risk I'm willing to take.

I'm a traveler and when some places are simply not mapped, I don't have time for that. Apple Maps is not an option for me.
    Any chance you're going to travel out of range of the internet for a very extended amount of time? I'd be willing to put some money towards it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I'm not going to troll you, I just want to say that MSN was launched in August 1995 while Google was launched January 1996. Not much of a time-lapse.
    Actually, if you want to get technical...MSN actually launched in 1996 where as Google (as a research project) began in 1995 (basically coming into existence), it did not launch until 1998, so my comment stands that MSN launched before google was even thought of. In terms of technology, that's a substantial amount of time.
    Dahlen likes this.
    09-28-2012 09:35 PM
    Oh but don't you know, Sean? Maps is really the only thing you can use on an iPhone to get directions...
    09-28-2012 09:35 PM
    Oh but don't you know, Sean? Maps is really the only thing you can use on an iPhone to get directions...
    Oh i know, and what sucks worse is when I'm using it in the real world, i spend 99% of the time looking for roads that weren't rendered correctly so i can post them online and forget where i was actually trying to get directions to.
    09-28-2012 09:39 PM
    Oh i know, and what sucks worse is when I'm using it in the real world, i spend 99% of the time looking for roads that weren't rendered correctly so i can post them online and forget where i was actually trying to get directions to.
    I'm with you man... let's go back to using flip phones. No expectations, no deceptions!
    09-28-2012 11:09 PM
98 ... 234