Pre-order issues with AT&T

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So here is something you guys should find interesting and I wonder if anyone else had issues with their preorders. I went to AT&T on Sept 14th to upgrade to the iPhone 5 and I was told that I would be reached out to once they received the phone. I then had some issues with the order and I was told by corporate over the phone that the order had somehow been canceled and that I would have to place the order again, or find the phone via apple or an AT&T store. I went to Apple on Sept 21st and got my iPhone without any issues. Today I got an email stating that my phone was shipped to the AT&T store. When they call I am going to go in and find out what they want me to do as I don't think they have an actual clue what is going on. Chances are they will just add it to their inventory, but my guys here at work say try to buy it for the $199 and then turn around and sell it. Did anyone else have similar issues with obtaining your iPhone 5?

musichighc_2

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
still waiting for them to reach out to me here this is total trash i shoulda just went to the store n upgraded launch day. count it as lesson learned.

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My problem was that Apple would only ship to my house and because I work I didn't want it sitting for me. I tried to change my shipping address to my job, but it wouldn't change. That's why I went into the store. Then I got the run around getting different answers from 6 different people. Final verdict was on Friday Sept 21st my order was canceled and I was free to purchase a phone. Now suddenly its shipping. It just made me roll my eyes and shake my head. I have had AT&T prior to iPhones even existing and this is the only time I have ever tried preordering one. Lesson learned there...walk up to Apple at 5:30 pm on launch day, wait in line for 10 minutes, pay for phone and be done by 6 pm.

Least they haven't charged my card yet for the phone. The second they do they will get a very pleasant phone call from me. Hopefully they considered the yelling they got when they messed it up originally as me being nice because as soon as I am charged for that phone its on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox