Verizon Hotspot Issue w/ Wifi

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

So I'm testing out using my phone as a wifi hotspot while I'm traveling on the train. Aside from the fact that when the hotspot is activiated, if LTE drops off, Verizon does not switch back to it once you enter a new LTE zone, I'm having the following problem.

For whatever reason, after turning my hotspot on, it is taking forever for the hotspot network to show up in my list of available wireless networks on my Lenovo -- and sometimes it just doesn't show up at all, even after 10 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm experiencing issues holding connectivity. Didn't have these issues with my gnex. It is sporadic when it happens and very annoying when streaming or downloading things.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i had the same issue where it takes a while for my laptop to see the network. i noticed that when you turn on wi-fi hotspot, if your wi-fi is off, it will ask if you want to enable it and bluetooth. when i hit no initially because i didn't want me bluetooth to turn on, and then turn on wi-fi, it doesn't seem to work. if i enable wi-fi before enabling hotspot, that seems to work, but still takes a while to broadcast the signal. never had that kind of delay with my android phone.

side note, the USB tether works immediately. if you are only connecting 1 computer, i think this option is better. seems like it will use less power and your phone will charge at the same time.

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the wired tether works fine, as does Bluetooth tether (although I get missing driver errors for the device.) I just prefer WiFi -- was unsure why it takes so long to start broadcasting. Glad I'm not the only one.

Wateryfowls

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems, in addition I'm having problems using hotspot Iphone 5 with macbook pro (even when hardwired) while static. I have an excellent signal from service provider and never had a problem using an android in the same local, with the same provider. I rely entirely on hotspot for the internet and at the moment am using my wife's android to achieve this, does anyone know someone with an android willing to swop for an Iphone 5 (must be samsung galaxy sIII).