Is there dust inside my camera lens?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay everyone -- this has me baffled. Yes, I have tried to see if it will rub away with a soft cloth. It will not come off, it really does appear to be underneath the lens cover. At this time I really do not notice it when I take a picture with the phone.

I did my best to capture some pictures of this.

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

Is this dust? If so what course of action should I take?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Problem is the nearest apple store is a little bit of a haul. May have to make it though.

Yes I know it's tough to see. I used my dSLR and cropped it but it still was difficult. I may try again when I have a few more minutes. Getting ready to head out the door right now.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there any noticeable spots in your photos when you snap some from the device?

I dont have anything like that on my device, so I'd take it in whether the pictures come out distorted or not.

You could take the long route and send it in and wait for a new one. I dunno if Apple does this (HP did with my Pre2), but they may have an option to let you keep your phone till a new one gets out to you, then send it back.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any spots but I haven't taken many either.

I think I'll call apple and see what they say to do? Would that be a safe thing to do.

The nearest apple store is 60 miles and I've never had to call their support before.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why you'd think calling apple is unsafe. They're generally helpful on the phone. Since you just received your phone, you're almost certainly able to return it if you're unhappy, and Apple is good about replacing defective products. Going to the store is helpful, as they can do the switch right there, but that assumes they have your phone in stock to switch, which is a big if right now. If you were to go to the store, I'd definitely call the store first to see whether they could do a switch at all.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Here are some other pics...as well as other "blems" I have found.

So do you think I am justified in calling Apple over this issue and the others?

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would take the drive to the apple store. I think it would be worth the trip to have them replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone has the same spot it looks like, but it hasnt messed up any pictures, so I think it might be a reflection of some sort. The blemishes I would take it in for. There is no reason for that.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just don't know what it would reflect on really. It really looks like something is in there. I'm going to try and call Apple and see what they say.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I called Apple...and they didn't really offer up any help...other than to take it to Verizon and try to get a replacement.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Ended up calling Verizon...then went to the Verizon store. The guy there said he would warranty replace it, if he had stock. However it is looking to be a month before that will happen.

He called the nearest apple store and they have replacement stock. So I will probably try and get that way ASAP.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ended up calling Verizon...then went to the Verizon store. The guy there said he would warranty replace it, if he had stock. However it is looking to be a month before that will happen.

He called the nearest apple store and they have replacement stock. So I will probably try and get that way ASAP.

Just go to apple make a appt first they will replace it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711