Charging via a car USB port.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla and my stereo has the USB port and mine worked just now. It plays music and charges my phone. Sweet.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The USB on my 2012 Ford Focus does not seem to charge. Or at least it renders my phone uselsess. All that comes up on the phone is a screen that says "accessory connected." Same thing on my 4.

john298

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Many type of USB chargers available to charge the phone. You can also charge you phone with the help of the car USB charger. If you want to buy a good quality charger by which you can charge your phone easily then europlugs is one of the best companies which provide high quality USB chargers, You can easily buy it with the help of our site too.

Jackie Mendelsohn

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2012 honda CRV also, and my USB port charges my ipod touch...however, it wont allow my to charge and play music at the same time. havent figured that one out yet..:confused:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2012 honda CRV also, and my USB port charges my ipod touch...however, it wont allow my to charge and play music at the same time. havent figured that one out yet..:confused:

The CRV's USB port doesn't supply enough amperage to operate and charge at the same time... Apple devices need the auto adapter to supply the 5volts of power at 1amp.

nitinparmar1985

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My 2012 M3 wont charge or play music in the USB port but my wifes 2013 Ford Fiesta does both perfectlty!

tells you something about the cost of cars ha

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My 09 pontiac g5 gt's usb will charge and play my iphone 5, ipod touch, and will charge and play my first gen ipod shuffle just fine. Im not sure what amperage it is, but Im able to stream pandora, take bluetooth voice calls and still charge at the same time. I try to hookup via aux for short rides since I dont want to be partially charging my phone every car trip.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I was going to start a new thread on this. Hopefully, this one is still alive.
I was wondering why my iPhone charges while plugged into the usb in the car stereo.
Yet when I plug in the iPad Mini, it does not.
I have to plug it into the cigarette lighter for it to charge.
I use my Mini so I can stream my internet radio, and whatever songs I have in iTunes.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I was going to start a new thread on this. Hopefully, this one is still alive.
I was wondering why my iPhone charges while plugged into the usb in the car stereo.
Yet when I plug in the iPad Mini, it does not.
I have to plug it into the cigarette lighter for it to charge.
I use my Mini so I can stream my internet radio, and whatever songs I have in iTunes.

Because the iPad requires more amps than the iPhone, and the stereo's USB port isn't providing enough for the iPad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77