I just returned from a nearby Verizon Store to experiment with the iPhone 5 and I have to agree with you all. Even with the security device connected, the iPhone 5 felt uncomfortably light. I can only imagine how much lighter it would feel without the security device in place. I had my iPhone 4S with me and the difference in weight was night and day.
    09-24-2012 01:09 PM
    Wow...can't believe people are complaining about how light it is. I bet you if apple would've made this phone bigger thicker and heavier people would've complained big time. I honestly like it. Coming from a 4S I do notice the difference. I like how easier it is for me to drop it in and take out of my pocket. The fact that it is longer makes easier for my hands to reach device while in the pocket. It's safe to assume that with the iPhone 5 being lighter when it hits the floor the impact is much less than the impact of the 4S since its heavier. In any case I love the size, feel, looks, and everything about this iPhone. To each it's own.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...
    09-24-2012 01:50 PM
    I love it . . . although because it's so thin, it's harder to grab and pick up when its laying on a hard surface (desk, table etc . . ), especially without a bumper or a case. . . if you know what I mean. Maybe I'll start carrying around a little spatula to pick up my little beauty.
    ROTFLMAO - find a VC or investor angel and you've got something there. iSpatula and other accessories
    09-24-2012 02:37 PM
    ROTFLMAO - find a VC or investor angel and you've got something there. iSpatula and other accessories
    ISpatula key chain........ Hmmmmm. We may be onto something here my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-24-2012 02:50 PM
    Its either too heavy or too light.. or maybe its too thin or better yet maybe its too tall..

Seriously people..
    09-24-2012 03:07 PM
    I prefer the lightness actually. As I've told other, it doesn't feel like it's made from the most breakable substance known to man.

Go go gadget Tapatalk
    09-24-2012 03:26 PM
    Its either too heavy or too light.. or maybe its too thin or better yet maybe its too tall..

Seriously people..
    I was very serious when I said that the iPhone 5 felt uncomfortably light. That is exactly how it felt to *me* during my initial time with the device and I was not joking. Does that mean I think it is too light? No, but it does mean that in comparison to its predecessor, it felt uncomfortably light to *me*. Does that mean that if I were to get the device that I'd still feel that way after some time has passed? Nope, but as of right now and with only a few minutes time with the device, my impressions remain the same...
    09-24-2012 03:31 PM
    Can't say I understand this issue. Next thing we'll hear is that the screen is too clear.
    09-24-2012 03:49 PM
    Can't say I understand this issue. Next thing we'll hear is that the screen is too clear.
    Can we agree on these?
    1. The title of this thread is "Anyone else feels this phone is too light?"
    2. Not everyone will feel the same way.
    3. Compared to the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5 is significantly lighter in weight.
    4. Despite how each of us may feel in regard to its weight, the iPhone 5 is indeed a top tier and well sought after device.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-24-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    F34R likes this.
    09-24-2012 04:13 PM
    Can we agree on these?
    1. The title of this thread is "Anyone else feels this phone is too light'
    2. Not everyone will feel the same way.
    3. Compared to the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5 is signs cantle lighter in weight.
    4. Despite how each of us may feel in regard to its weight, the iPhone 5 is indeed a top tier and well sought after device.
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-24-2012 04:19 PM
    lol... i still think its an amazing phone... and i'm loving it more and more as time goes on...

Its just really light.. wish it was as heavy as the 4S, then it would feel solid.

#FWP
    09-24-2012 04:23 PM
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes.

(laughing)....Thank you, Jeremy...
    Jeremy likes this.
    09-24-2012 04:27 PM
    Everyone that thinks the IPhone 5 is too light or hollow I'll PM you my address so you can send them to me and I'll send one of these http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps78e745eb.jpg

Snapple Care included
    LOLOL! Best post EVER!
    09-24-2012 05:29 PM
    I personally love the feel and weight, but it does take a little getting used to, especially compared to the density of the 4s. I certainly appreciate it when I'm out for a run since it no longer feels like it's going to pull down my shorts!
    09-24-2012 05:39 PM
    All the people complaining that it is too light should just go grab a Sidekick and call it a day...
    09-24-2012 05:50 PM
    It is light...we all know that. But I played with my IPhone 5 all day today and my hand never started to ache due to the weight of the phone. If you have ever played with a phone for hours at a time you would eventually have to change hands or reposition the phone in your hand to stop your hand from aching. With the IPhone 5 being light there is no need for that. I applaud Apple for taking everything into consideration with this Iphone 5. If you put a case on it though it won't be as light and you will eventually get use to it. Just give it some time.
    09-24-2012 06:08 PM
    It is light...we all know that. But I played with my IPhone 5 all day today and my hand never started to ache due to the weight of the phone. If you have ever played with a phone for hours at a time you would eventually have to change hands or reposition the phone in your hand to stop your hand from aching. With the IPhone 5 being light there is no need for that. I applaud Apple for taking everything into consideration with this Iphone 5. If you put a case on it though it won't be as light and you will eventually get use to it. Just give it some time.
    I have no doubt that I and others would get used to its lightweight feel and come to appreciate it, but I can only go by how it feels right now and I can't help but compare to my current device, the 4S. It's like night and day, but not necessarily in a bad way. The very first thing people were saying was how light it is. Well, I agree with those people because it is light and *compared to the 4S*, some may say it's a tad too light. A few people are seemingly taking that description as a negative and it is not. It's a fact. That difference in weight does not diminish the greatness of the iPhone 5 in any way, in my opinion, and the sales numbers agree.
    09-24-2012 06:21 PM
    But....Kate Upton is too hot.
    09-24-2012 06:22 PM
    Yes, iPhone 5 is lighter then all other models...
    09-26-2012 09:05 AM
    I have no doubt that I and others would get used to its lightweight feel and come to appreciate it, but I can only go by how it feels right now and I can't help but compare to my current device, the 4S. It's like night and day, but not necessarily in a bad way. The very first thing people were saying was how light it is. Well, I agree with those people because it is light and *compared to the 4S*, some may say it's a tad too light. A few people are seemingly taking that description as a negative and it is not. It's a fact. That difference in weight does not diminish the greatness of the iPhone 5 in any way, in my opinion, and the sales numbers agree.
    You know, in the beginning when I first got my iPhone the first thing I noticed was how light it was an how awkward it was holding it and texting on it. But then I realized, just like any other new phone you'll get upgraded from a previous phone no matter apple to android to Samsung, all phones are different sizes weights and shapes and in about a few hours of phone usage you quickly learn your way around your new device and it becomes easier to use
    09-26-2012 09:38 AM
45 12