Ford Sync?

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I won't have my iPhone 5 for a few more days but wanted to know has anybody tried to connect an iPhone 5 to Ford Sync?

Thanks

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a GM car, my wife has a Honda and both cars accept iphone 5 via usb. Navigation plays over the speakers too. Pandora sounds great in my car. I was worried it wouldnt play after reading about bmw and mini cars with their "ipod out" issues. Not a problem here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sync works, but still has some bugs...i sync'ed it up to my truck Friday and got everything to work (including texts) but it still wont show the song info on the screen (never have been able to get that to work). Ford released information about an update coming to the system soon to fix some bugs across the board...

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
(off topic) imagine if sync was built was apple. That would be awesome. Even if it was android would have been ok. Microsoft just sucks!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My iP5 works on Sync in my F150 same as my iP4S did... The Bluetooth mode never did show songs... Hope Ford updates this

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
In the same boat. My 2011 Mustang works the same as my iPhone 4 did. I havent tried txt messages but would like to get that working. Also, I would kill for song info over bluetooth but I heard that that was an issue with the bluetooth permissions that Apple has set up and not with the actual Sync system so who knows when that will come.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
My 2010 F150 works great w/ my iP5. Syncs to BT right away, answering and calling folks is perfect, and the music plays easily and can be controlled with the steering wheel buttons.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Text messaging was never flawless with my truck, it said that it didn't recognize my 4S but still functioned, and it did the same thing with this phone, lol.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have my iPhone 5 connected through Bluetooth in my 2011 Ford Edge with Sync and it shows my song on the screen and what Podcasts I'm listening too with Apples Podcast app. No problems here. Has everyone updated to the latest version that Ford sent out via the usb stick?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have my iPhone 5 connected through Bluetooth in my 2011 Ford Edge with Sync and it shows my song on the screen and what Podcasts I'm listening too with Apples Podcast app. No problems here. Has everyone updated to the latest version that Ford sent out via the usb stick?

With MFT in my 2012 Focus this feature is hit/miss for me. It's pretty well established that MFT is a buggy mess that is great when it works but you never really know what state the system will be in when you start the car (at least for me). I almost always listen to music/podcasts on my iPhone via Bluetooth and sometimes it re-connects and starts playing just fine, sometimes it connects and doesn't play, sometimes it switches to FM for no apparent reason (FM!?) ... But like I said, when it works it is great so I stick with it

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
If you ever have issues with MyFordTouch , you need to reset the system and the only way to do this is by disconnections your vehicles batter for 5 minutes.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Sync but not MFT. When I play my audio it just says "Bluetooth Media Stream" on the display. Should it be showing song/artist info? I keep reading of people getting software updates on a USB but is that just for MFT?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
If you ever have issues with MyFordTouch , you need to reset the system and the only way to do this is by disconnections your vehicles batter for 5 minutes.

Oh I've done about everything w MFT based on spending quite a bit of time on FocusFanatics forums -- it's just a poorly coded mess in its current version, and the most current upgrade helped but it is still unreliable and a bit of a guessing game w what will work each time I start my car

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I should reply to the thread I started. I did receive my iPhone 5 and as others have stated already it works just like the iPhone 4s. Only issue is no title information when playing via Bluetooth audio.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I should reply to the thread I started. I did receive my iPhone 5 and as others have stated already it works just like the iPhone 4s. Only issue is no title information when playing via Bluetooth audio.

Valid about the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Did this just start working for you when you updated because as of right now, mine still just says "Bluetooth Media Stream" and no info. I would really LOOOVVVEEE if the title info worked via bluetooth. That right now is the only complain in my 2011 Mustang.