I know this has been discussed, just need an opinion. My screen does have a yellow tint to it, although not bad at all. In fact my wife did not notice until I showed her. I put it next to my iphone4 and you can see the difference, but the yellow is definitely not a deep yellow. Just a light tint. However I think the yellow tints makes text easier to read and my colors are far richer.

Would you replace it and look for a white screen or is the yellow the new norm? I have read over and over that the yellow is supposed to be there to produce warm colors.

Experts....I need some advice.
    09-23-2012 09:58 AM
    09-23-2012 10:01 AM
    I saw that. But I also read that it is not true and will not go away. I have definitely done my research. I saw some pics of some really bad yellow screens. Mine is just a slight yellow tint. I am the type of person that wants perfection. I am just worried if I swap it out, then May get a worse one am have to deal with swapping it out again.
    09-23-2012 10:03 AM
    Every year there are groups of people who have yellow tint...and every year they all resolve themselves after a few days. This is no different...
    09-23-2012 10:34 AM
    Every year there are groups of people who have yellow tint...and every year they all resolve themselves after a few days. This is no different...
    I hope you are right.
    09-23-2012 11:04 AM
    Every iPhone I got had a yellow tint. Is completely normal. It will go away in couple of days. Nothing to worry about.
    09-23-2012 11:07 AM
    "However I think the yellow tints makes text easier to read and my colors are far richer."

If you think the yellow tint is a plus, even if it IS a permanent "defect", why would you want to swap it out? Just because you strive to achieve the socially-accepted standard of "perfection"? Even if it means an inferior screen to you, the user?

I'm not hating, I'm just curious.
    09-23-2012 11:24 AM
    None of that over here. I would exchange it.
    09-23-2012 11:29 AM
    I hope you are right.
    Since I'm going on years of historic fact, I'd say it's guaranteed.
    09-23-2012 11:59 AM
    "However I think the yellow tints makes text easier to read and my colors are far richer."

If you think the yellow tint is a plus, even if it IS a permanent "defect", why would you want to swap it out? Just because you strive to achieve the socially-accepted standard of "perfection"? Even if it means an inferior screen to you, the user?

I'm not hating, I'm just curious.
    Well I thought it made it look better, but after heading down to Verizon, I compared and the other 5's had a white screen and it looked better. So I suppose I will be making a trip to the apple store tomorrow to swap it out.
    09-23-2012 12:00 PM
    Thanks for posting this, glad that it's a somewhat common occurrence. I think I'll wait it out a bit before rushing to the Apple store get a replacement.
    Last edited by tourstagefan; 09-23-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    09-23-2012 12:41 PM
    I want to wait it out, but I am reading way too much about this issue and it not resolving itself to become clear. Just set up an appointment for apple tomorrow.

I also went to Verizon and AT&T to just compare and all theirs had white screens.
    09-23-2012 01:40 PM
    It's because the ones at the store are demos that have had MUCH more usage than yours...but if you're paranoid about it, trade it in until your heart's content. If you want to go back throughout our forums to the years past (iPhone 4, iPhone 4S), you can see this same exact stuff being freaked out over by people, and then the same people realizing it was nothing to stress about...
    09-23-2012 01:44 PM
    So are the articles and replies correct that say it is something that will "correct" itself over time? Mind you, I don't have the yellow patches that go away due to glue drying as they say. My screen is a light shade of yellow.
    09-23-2012 02:16 PM
    Relax, give it a few more days.
    09-23-2012 02:30 PM
    Relax, give it a few more days.
    Will do. I am reading all about previous models and how this issue went away. Hopefully this is the case. If so, I owe everyone who joined this thread a big "I'm sorry" for wasting your time!
    09-23-2012 02:41 PM
    So are the articles and replies correct that say it is something that will "correct" itself over time? Mind you, I don't have the yellow patches that go away due to glue drying as they say. My screen is a light shade of yellow.
    Here's the beauty of this...give it a few days, or take it back right this second...either way you'll have the ability to get a new iPhone if you want it because you have a year of free AppleCare on the thing.
    09-23-2012 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD