Siri weather

Aviator441

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone have gotten wrong weather from Siri? I live in NYC and I ask her about if its going to rain. Well it shows me that the high temperature is 97 and sunny. Well according to the weather app it's 69 and raining? It's happening to my wife iPhone 4S on iOS 6. Does anybody else have this problem? I have the iPhone 5 and we are both are on the sprint network.

Aviator441

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you had the maps app give you your location accurately? Location services on? Off? for Siri - on? Off?... look under Settings>> General>> Privacy
I tried it but it thinks I'm in New York, Texas. I signed in my yahoo account and changed the location to new York new York. And it still thinks I'm in Texas. But like I said the weather app saids I'm in NY NY. I guess I have to email apple.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried it but it thinks I'm in New York, Texas. I signed in my yahoo account and changed the location to new York new York. And it still thinks I'm in Texas. But like I said the weather app saids I'm in NY NY. I guess I have to email apple.

Try turning off your wifi and see where it thinks you are...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I turned off the wifi and my location was pretty much on where I am in NYC. I hope they fix it soon.

The problem isn't with the phone. If having wifi off shows you in the right location, the problem is the database that gets polled to use the wifi node's location to locate your phone. iPhones will use wifi to locate you first... then narrow by cell tower and GPS receiver. If there's a huge discrepancy between wifi location & cell tower & GPS receiver thinks you are and can't narrow it down - you're stuck with where wifi location services thinks you are.

Aviator441

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The problem isn't with the phone. If having wifi off shows you in the right location, the problem is the database that gets polled to use the wifi node's location to locate your phone. iPhones will use wifi to locate you first... then narrow by cell tower and GPS receiver. If there's a huge discrepancy between wifi location & cell tower & GPS receiver thinks you are and can't narrow it down - you're stuck with where wifi location services thinks you are.
I guess you are right, I'll wait for the next update. Thanks for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711