Missing Apps

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to restore my apps from my iPhone 4? I backed up everything to the Cloud yesterday before I activated the IP5. My contacts and notes synced just fine, but where are my apps? Really appreciate the help.

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Missing apps

I had difficulty setting up the Wi-fi so I had to set up with ITunes. (Wi-Fi was my own fault. I forgot that our router only permits certain MAC addresses to use the network. I forgot about that at first.) That's what the VZ tech told me to use iTunes. Notes, etc. backed up but not apps.

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Apps still missing

I went to the app store and clicked updates. I was told my apps are all up to date. But they still don't appear on my phone! So frustrating.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I went to the app store and clicked updates. I was told my apps are all up to date. But they still don't appear on my phone! So frustrating.

Now you gotta click on purchased. This should appear right at the top under updates. This will show you every app you've ever downloaded.

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
But then what? It shows every app I ever set eyes on, but it's not on my new phone. Continues to tell me that everything is updated.

At the top it now shows all or "not on this iPhone". Select that and you will see everything you've ever downloaded. Unfortunately if your apps weren't backed up when you tried before you'll have to go through and redownload. But hey it's better than trying to remember what you had and searching the store for it.

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I even clicked on "Not on this iPhone" and every one came up. So the app store knows there are no purchased apps on this phone, but it doesn't tell me how to get them.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I even clicked on "Not on this iPhone" and every one came up. So the app store knows there are no purchased apps on this phone, but it doesn't tell me how to get them.

Omg. Now click the cloud icon next to it and it will start downloading. Come on now. Sorry but seriously.

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
What upsets me is that I did do a backup yesterday of all the current apps. Really, really frustrating. Do I have to repurchase all of them--not going to happen.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No you do not have to repurchase them. That's exactly why they are there... So you can redownload them again. That is called backing them up to the cloud. You access your apps cloud through the App Store which you have found. Redownload and be happy again.

I'm going to bed now. My head hurts. Good luck going forward.

Last edited:

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I have to go to each one and get it to download from the Cloud. That's ugly! Thanks for everybody's help. I figured out how to redownload them Tedious, but at least doable.

carolgib2014

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I apparently am not "Cloud Literate," But I did figure it out before I read your post. Thanks for your help. I'm pushing 70, so maybe you'll understand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro