Just how fast is the iPhone 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
🆗 so I'll put in terms regular people can understand. I just came from an Apple store where I was playing with a demo unit. So I pulled out my iPhone 4 and lined the phones up side by side. I tapped Settings on mine. Then 3 seconds later I tapped Settings on the iPhone 5, the i5 was already loaded and mine loaded 2-3 seconds after. Even with a 3 second head start, that is fast!

Truth3000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The A6 is supposed to be "at least" twice as fast. So...there you go. It's does do everything faster though. I was surprised at the speed of the camera wen though they said that it was 40% faster. The speed is just amazing to me. And the pics are still good. Not just a bunch of quick blurry pics like the Galaxy Nexus.

Tone.english

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Just read an article that it out performing the S4 dual core found in the US version Galaxy S3 and HTC One X and that processor is nothing to sneeze at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
so you get butt hurt because geek bench showed the iphone 5 scoring lower than the sgs3:rolleyes:

Uhh, I think someone might want to make a counter-argument when they have information TO THE OPPOSITE.

If you are immature enough to say things like "butt-hurt" when presented with a counter-argument then that is your problem.

Jman1313

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Biggest difference? Hipstamatic processing. If you use Hipstamatic, you know some lens/film combos can take a LONG time to process. One of my favorite settings would take about 7-8 seconds per shot on the 4S. On the 5? Less than a second. When I saw it nearly instantly process these images, I actually say there for a few seconds staring at the phone in disbelief. In many tasks its 2x as fast. In others it's WAY faster than that. Seriously impressed.

One crazy thing to think about. The iPhone 5 has a higher Geekbench score than a typical 3GHz Pentium 4. Now, I know that's an old chip, but this is a PHONE.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
so you get butt hurt because geek bench showed the iphone 5 scoring lower than the sgs3:rolleyes:

Butt hurt? Not at all bud! I just did exactly what you did, only showing the opposite of what your link reported. As far as I'm reading, the iPhone 5 scored higher than the GSIII, why would i be mad about that?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Um, if your iphone4 takes that long, there's something wrong. Just pulled out my 3gs and it opens almost instantly. Not even a half second.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Um, if your iphone4 takes that long, there's something wrong. Just pulled out my 3gs and it opens almost instantly. Not even a half second.

are you for real? It takes my 4 five seconds, open your task switcher and delete the Settings then launch it and see if it takes 1/2 a second. If I'm comparing them I have to do it fairly.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711