Anyone else not getting a iPhone 5 till 2013?

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I let my brother use my upgrade to get a 4S because her cheap phone was dying and he needed a new one ASAP and feature phones were to overpriced. Now I am waiting till March to use his upgrade to get a shiny new iPhone 5. Anyone else doing the same? I guess I could possibly beg Verizon to upgrade me early but we already did that to get a 4S on another line 3 months early and I bet March is too far away:( . My phone was last replaced in April for a jammed power button and now drops signal like crazy. I would just pay $149 to replace it but I don't know if a 'genius" would say no if they "can't repeat the issue". I am jealous of everyone getting those snappy speeds on Verizon LTE.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
mine was in may 2013 but i went on ahead and forked over the early upgrade fee from att to get it so instead of paying 199.00 i paid 487.00 but it was worth it and i will do the same thing come next year when the next iteration comes out because i am just that dude.

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
mine was in may 2013 but i went on ahead and forked over the early upgrade fee from att to get it so instead of paying 199.00 i paid 487.00 but it was worth it and i will do the same thing come next year when the next iteration comes out because i am just that dude.

I'm not on ATT so I can't do that unfortunately and I can't pay full retail for another iPhone:( . Did you try to get ATT to credit the $250? I heard some people had that credited to their account.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

Same.
Minus AT&T, plus Verizon.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, i'll be waiting till early 2013 as well - i'm giving my available upgrade away to my oldest daughter so she can get back into an iphone.....NOW if she uses my upgrade to get the i5 i'm gonna cry like a baby LOL :p

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on ATT so I can't do that unfortunately and I can't pay full retail for another iPhone:( . Did you try to get ATT to credit the $250? I heard some people had that credited to their account.

paying full would have been high but i did not have to do anything when i pre ordered through apple site i selected the phone to upgrade hardware and it said i could get a discounted price but not the full upgrard i just hit add to cart and it was the 487 something basically att chargers 250 added to the price of a full upgrade. but no did not have to call them to ask its automatic i guess, we have 4 lines with them all have unlimited data since were grandfathered 3 are iphones and one windows phone maybe its based on how much is spent monthly have no idea... it sucks that you couldn't get an early upgrade with vzw

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in this boat. I skipped the 4s because I never buy my iPhones on contract. Well I got married which means I'm broke so I've entered every contest I can find because it is the only way I will get one before 2013.

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, i'll be waiting till early 2013 as well - i'm giving my available upgrade away to my oldest daughter so she can get back into an iphone.....NOW if she uses my upgrade to get the i5 i'm gonna cry like a baby LOL :p

I keep hoping that Verizon decides to do some early upgrade promotion but I doubt it. However, I remembered they did this right when we wanted to buy a iPhone 4 last year so that worked out great and then a little later we were one of the few people who were able to get a early upgrade to a iPhone 4S on verizon after about 3 calls.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I let my brother use my upgrade to get a 4S because her cheap phone was dying and he needed a new one ASAP and feature phones were to overpriced. Now I am waiting till March to use his upgrade to get a shiny new iPhone 5. Anyone else doing the same? I guess I could possibly beg Verizon to upgrade me early but we already did that to get a 4S on another line 3 months early and I bet March is too far away:( . My phone was last replaced in April for a jammed power button and now drops signal like crazy. I would just pay $149 to replace it but I don't know if a 'genius" would say no if they "can't repeat the issue". I am jealous of everyone getting those snappy speeds on Verizon LTE.

Damn son! Force your brother to do that early upgrade for you even if it means penalty fee.
NO ONE STANDS IN THE WAY OF THOSE WHO WANT A IPHONE. NO ONE!
He used your damn upgrade. Then he better pay up !

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the 4s on Verizon when it was released back in October so I am not up for an upgrade until June 2013. At that point will just wait for the 5s or 6 to come out and get that!

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I added a line to my account to get the iPhone 5. I'm due fir an upgrade in dec but don't want to lose my unlimited data. My brother has two upgrades in nov and wants the 4S. Going to buy 2 iPhone 5's and give him mine and my wife's 4S. My contact is up in may so I'm going to see what happens by sept/oct with the next iPhone

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I love apple and all, but I will never pay 300 to 400 dollars for an iPhone. 200 dollars is my limit I only upgrade when I am eligible to do so. I think it's kinda crazy that apple can get people to pay 300-400 plus dollars for their new phone when they aren't even eligible for an upgrade. I certainly wouldn't be rushing out to get the 5s next year since I wouldn't be eligible to upgrade. I guess the next iPhone I will get will be the iPhone 6 or 7 lol. Anyway, can't wait until my iPhone 5 comes this week!

For example, a dude standing line line last Friday just got a 4s in like July and bought the iPhone 5 and paid like 500 or so dollars with the early upgrade fee etc. that's a little extreme in my book.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love apple and all, but I will never pay 300 to 400 dollars for an iPhone. 200 dollars is my limit I only upgrade when I am eligible to do so. I think it's kinda crazy that apple can get people to pay 300-400 plus dollars for their new phone when they aren't even eligible for an upgrade. I certainly wouldn't be rushing out to get the 5s next year since I wouldn't be eligible to upgrade. I guess the next iPhone I will get will be the iPhone 6 or 7 lol. Anyway, can't wait until my iPhone 5 comes this week!

For example, a dude standing line line last Friday just got a 4s in like July and bought the iPhone 5 and paid like 500 or so dollars with the early upgrade fee etc. that's a little extreme in my book.

Everyone has loves in their life and it's different. A person might spend thousands putting marble countertops in their kitchen while to others that is a waste. This is the same to you it might seem extreme but I bet there is something you go crazy about that others would never spend the kind of cash you do.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Everyone has loves in their life and it's different. A person might spend thousands putting marble countertops in their kitchen while to others that is a waste. This is the same to you it might seem extreme but I bet there is something you go crazy about that others would never spend the kind of cash you do.

^real talk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro