I can't type a single word without making a mistake. Sometimes I make mistakes over and over in the same word. There is no doubt my accuracy is way down. I'll probably get used to it but there is something different for sure.
    09-22-2012 04:37 PM
    Yes, I am having the same issues...
    09-22-2012 04:46 PM
    Ha, glad it's not just me. I also keep accidentally hitting the microphone for speak to text input .. I didn't have that feature on my iPhone 4, so it gets hit a lot lol.
    09-22-2012 04:56 PM
    it does seem like the response is different when typing or just clicking on anything i have made way more errors but its all good i guess we have to learn to type on this new tech they used in the screen this time around.
    09-22-2012 04:58 PM
    I find it depends on the app I'm in when I'm typing. In Mail or Messages, my typing seems fine but if in an app that isn't optimized for iOS 6 and the iPhone5...it's a crap show when I'm typing. Hopefully as all apps get updated, those issues will disappear.
    09-22-2012 05:02 PM
    it feels as if its moving so fast when typing
    09-22-2012 05:10 PM
    I can't type a single word without making a mistake. Sometimes I make mistakes over and over in the same word. There is no doubt my accuracy is way down. I'll probably get used to it but there is something different for sure.
    I with you guys. I actually think it may be because of the weight. With my 4S is felt more substantial/heavier in hand which I think helped me to type faster.

I'm not sure if I explained what I'm trying to say very well, but I think it may be caused by the weight difference.
    09-22-2012 05:12 PM
    I'm doing ok I think but my space bar isn't as sensitive as I thought my iP4 was.

I'm still doing better than my wife... this is her first iPhone. :o
    09-22-2012 05:18 PM
    I've actually been typing a lot better on this one than the 4S
    09-22-2012 05:32 PM
    I haven't noticed any problems so far. Typing is definitely better as far as the time it takes for the letters to show up. It was fast on the 4S but I'm pretty quick with my thumbs so I was always able to cause it to fall behind on long messages. Some letters would lag eventually. Not at all on this phone though. I don't seem to be able to type fast enough to slow it down at all. It just laughs in my face!
    09-22-2012 06:10 PM
    I've actually been typing a lot better on this one than the 4S
    That goes same for me too!
    09-22-2012 06:11 PM
    I do find it a bit harder on the ip5
    09-22-2012 06:24 PM
    I can't type on an iPhone, iPod, iPad, PC, Typewriter so it makes no difference. Dictating to Siri is like having me old secretary back. (yes, we used to call them secretary's)
    09-22-2012 06:30 PM
    Those having trouble, or even those without issues, did you restore from a backup (iCloud or iTunes) or start fresh?

I restored from a backup (iCloud) and have struggled with the space bar but also it could be I'm coming from an iPhone 4 (vs 4s) and no Siri/microphone in the spacebar so it's definitely smaller.

Thinking about restoring as new and starting over, just for kicks. My wife's space bar works ok, started fresh. maybe it's me :o
    09-22-2012 08:01 PM
    Those having trouble, or even those without issues, did you restore from a backup (iCloud or iTunes) or start fresh?

I restored from a backup (iCloud) and have struggled with the space bar but also it could be I'm coming from an iPhone 4 (vs 4s) and no Siri/microphone in the spacebar so it's definitely smaller.

Thinking about restoring as new and starting over, just for kicks. My wife's space bar works ok, started fresh. maybe it's me :o
    I can't see how this makes any difference what so ever.

Also, haven't found any difference between this and my 4S...feels identical.
    09-22-2012 08:03 PM
    Just like when you got your FIRST iPhone, it takes a few days to learn your typing...

Give it a day or two...
    09-22-2012 08:03 PM
    I can't see how this makes any difference what so ever.
    Probably doesn't but I was curious. Feel free to ignore.
    09-22-2012 08:05 PM
    I feel in landscape mode i am typing much better, no difference in portrait mode
    09-22-2012 08:48 PM
    Eh. It still feels a little odd but like others said we will get used to it.
    09-22-2012 08:56 PM
    I find it depends on the app I'm in when I'm typing. In Mail or Messages, my typing seems fine but if in an app that isn't optimized for iOS 6 and the iPhone5...it's a crap show when I'm typing. Hopefully as all apps get updated, those issues will disappear.
    I decided to test something and found that it was WhatsApp that was causing me the most grief... not optimized for the larger screen yet. I went to Mail and typed out a long message without issue. Back to whatsapp and encountered my space bar issue right away. Good call
    09-22-2012 08:58 PM
    Interesting. Yes. The sensitivity and response are different. I am getting better as I use it more.
    09-22-2012 08:58 PM
    I'm noticing my screen isn't as touch sensitive as my 4 or 4S. I'm finding it more difficult to type on the 5, but I'm hoping it's just me adjusting to the slight difference in phone size and the way it feels in the hand. Possibly the new screen tech causes a different "feel". Either way I'm hoping it's just something I adjust to over the next few days.
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    09-22-2012 09:49 PM
    I agree it's become a bit difficult to type on the 5 sometimes ill press a letter and it won't register on the phone so ill end up trying to type phone and will end up with home -_-
    09-22-2012 10:47 PM
    I have noticed that sometime I press a key and it doesn't respond. It's happened once in the messages app and once in an app not ready for the new screen. I figured I just hit in the black area of the screen until it happened in the messages app.
    09-22-2012 11:10 PM
    i'm so glad this thread started. i noticed this right when i activated the phone. i came from a galaxy nexus but owned a iPod touch and i could have sworn i was much better at typing on the iTouch then what I am experiencing on the iPhone 5. i wonder if its the new screen or something they tried different with the OS. regardless, i am definitely making more mistakes than i did with the iTouch.

my biggest problems on the keyboard are hitting the letters close to the edge of the screen, like P, A, etc. i also seem to hit the backspace a lot when i reach for L or M. as someone else mentioned, when i type fast it seems to skip letters. hope this can be improved with future software upgrades!
    09-22-2012 11:43 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD