Anyone find it harder / less accurate typing on the iP5?

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't type a single word without making a mistake. Sometimes I make mistakes over and over in the same word. There is no doubt my accuracy is way down. I'll probably get used to it but there is something different for sure.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ha, glad it's not just me. I also keep accidentally hitting the microphone for speak to text input .. I didn't have that feature on my iPhone 4, so it gets hit a lot lol.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
it does seem like the response is different when typing or just clicking on anything i have made way more errors but its all good i guess we have to learn to type on this new tech they used in the screen this time around.

acwyau

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I find it depends on the app I'm in when I'm typing. In Mail or Messages, my typing seems fine but if in an app that isn't optimized for iOS 6 and the iPhone5...it's a crap show when I'm typing. Hopefully as all apps get updated, those issues will disappear.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I can't type a single word without making a mistake. Sometimes I make mistakes over and over in the same word. There is no doubt my accuracy is way down. I'll probably get used to it but there is something different for sure.

I with you guys. I actually think it may be because of the weight. With my 4S is felt more substantial/heavier in hand which I think helped me to type faster.

I'm not sure if I explained what I'm trying to say very well, but I think it may be caused by the weight difference.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing ok I think but my space bar isn't as sensitive as I thought my iP4 was.

I'm still doing better than my wife... this is her first iPhone. :eek:

Truth3000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed any problems so far. Typing is definitely better as far as the time it takes for the letters to show up. It was fast on the 4S but I'm pretty quick with my thumbs so I was always able to cause it to fall behind on long messages. Some letters would lag eventually. Not at all on this phone though. I don't seem to be able to type fast enough to slow it down at all. It just laughs in my face!

rstand

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't type on an iPhone, iPod, iPad, PC, Typewriter so it makes no difference. Dictating to Siri is like having me old secretary back. (yes, we used to call them secretary's)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Those having trouble, or even those without issues, did you restore from a backup (iCloud or iTunes) or start fresh?

I restored from a backup (iCloud) and have struggled with the space bar but also it could be I'm coming from an iPhone 4 (vs 4s) and no Siri/microphone in the spacebar so it's definitely smaller.

Thinking about restoring as new and starting over, just for kicks. My wife's space bar works ok, started fresh. maybe it's me :eek:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Those having trouble, or even those without issues, did you restore from a backup (iCloud or iTunes) or start fresh?

I restored from a backup (iCloud) and have struggled with the space bar but also it could be I'm coming from an iPhone 4 (vs 4s) and no Siri/microphone in the spacebar so it's definitely smaller.

Thinking about restoring as new and starting over, just for kicks. My wife's space bar works ok, started fresh. maybe it's me :eek:

I can't see how this makes any difference what so ever.

Also, haven't found any difference between this and my 4S...feels identical.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it depends on the app I'm in when I'm typing. In Mail or Messages, my typing seems fine but if in an app that isn't optimized for iOS 6 and the iPhone5...it's a crap show when I'm typing. Hopefully as all apps get updated, those issues will disappear.

I decided to test something and found that it was WhatsApp that was causing me the most grief... not optimized for the larger screen yet. I went to Mail and typed out a long message without issue. Back to whatsapp and encountered my space bar issue right away. Good call :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro