Big problem: Verizon

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. They are calling me back within 48 hours. I'm having my dad give them a call too. Store near me is a 'premium retailer' so they don't have any in stock. Closest would be at the mall which is pretty far considering I don't have a car at college. I'll figure it out and keep everyone posted. I do have a Bold 9930, so I'm not SOL with no phone at all, or a broken one. I'm just a bit annoyed as you all can probably tell. Sorry for the rant!

I would be beyond annoyed lol more like pissed lol no need to apologize at all completely understandable

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ouch, let us know how it goes. I had ups stick a 1st delivery notice without ringing the doorbell yesterday. Had to spend a couple hours on the phone with UPS and a manager had them re-deliver my phone at 5pm. I was ticked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry that happened to you! Like others said, be sure and contact UPS/FedEx as well. Was the actual iPhone box still sealed?

One time (back when I lived in a second floor duplex), I was sitting in my living room waiting for a package (not a phone delivery, just a regular package not requiring a signature) and heard the UPS truck....leaving. So I thought this delivery was for a neighbor. Went downstairs a few minutes later to get my mail and found a delivery notice IN my mailbox which was located next to the stairs. So the guy was too lazy to go up one small flight of stairs and knock or leave at my door which was clearly visible from the street and mailbox.

The story gets better. The notice said "threw the package over backyard fence." WTF? I didn't have a backyard! The guy threw it in the next-door neighbor's backyard! Really??? And that neighbor was out of town.

Needless to say, I was livid. I called UPS immediately to complain but of course since the package was technically delivered, there was nothing they could do about it.

But in your case, you need to call to report and file the error/theft claim.

Hope it gets resolved and you get your phone soon!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that happened to you! Like others said, be sure and contact UPS/FedEx as well. Was the actual iPhone box still sealed?

One time (back when I lived in a second floor duplex), I was sitting in my living room waiting for a package (not a phone delivery, just a regular package not requiring a signature) and heard the UPS truck....leaving. So I thought this delivery was for a neighbor. Went downstairs a few minutes later to get my mail and found a delivery notice IN my mailbox which was located next to the stairs. So the guy was too lazy to go up one small flight of stairs and knock or leave at my door which was clearly visible from the street and mailbox.

The story gets better. The notice said "threw the package over backyard fence." WTF? I didn't have a backyard! The guy threw it in the next-door neighbor's backyard! Really??? And that neighbor was out of town.

Needless to say, I was livid. I called UPS immediately to complain but of course since the package was technically delivered, there was nothing they could do about it.

But in your case, you need to call to report and file the error/theft claim.

Hope it gets resolved and you get your phone soon!

There was no iPhone box at all. In the Fedex Box, there were literally only the papers from Verizon including Asurion information and my receipts. No iPhone box at all.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Did box look like it had been opened and resealed ?

No, not to my knowledge. But if someone on the fedex truck stole it, it would be very easy for that person to just reseal it in fedex tape. idk. My parents are dealing with it now, contacting the cc company to stop the payment. If Verizon is less than cooperative than I will probably just have them give me a refund and go out and purchase the phone directly at an apple store or vzw store. But hopefully VZW can man up and just send me another phone by this week.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and Fedex are working together to take care of this... and my parents are dealing with it. Looks like the phone left Verizon, but never reached Los Angeles on the 21st.

In the mean-time... my parents, who aren't really tech-savvy are letting me use one of their upgrades. Dad has a Bold 9930 and loves it (he doesn't use any apps, so the basic email and simple layout is perfect for him) and my mom has an old Droid2 which also has very few apps on it, so it runs well - only thing she wants is a bigger touch keyboard (she likes the touch keypad, hates the D2's physical keyboard).

So... I'll be off to Verizon or Apple once they have stock and get my new iPhone using an upgrade from my mom.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hate to hear that brotha. But, I can definitely say that once you get this baby in your hands all that inconvenience will wash away rather quickly. Its a great device. Hope you get it worked out soon.

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of years ago with the release of the Nintendo Wii from Circuit City. A person from FedEx or UPS had stolen it out of the box. CC returned the money and everything was made right after about a week.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it only takes a week! I called Verizon and they said that they won't have any in stock until November, and I'm definitely not ordering online again and going through that process.

Supposedly we will know more by the end of the week... I just hope I get my device soon. Can't they just overnight me a phone and if some how it doesn't get resolved (which it obviously will considering I don't have the device) just charge me again or something?! Can't they just blacklist the iPhone I was supposed to get orginally? They have all the SKU info and serial numbers and stuff...

I'm just so annoyed that I will have to wait weeks or months for a device I should have had on Friday...

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it only takes a week! I called Verizon and they said that they won't have any in stock until November, and I'm definitely not ordering online again and going through that process.

Supposedly we will know more by the end of the week... I just hope I get my device soon. Can't they just overnight me a phone and if some how it doesn't get resolved (which it obviously will considering I don't have the device) just charge me again or something?! Can't they just blacklist the iPhone I was supposed to get orginally? They have all the SKU info and serial numbers and stuff...

I'm just so annoyed that I will have to wait weeks or months for a device I should have had on Friday...

Overnight you a phone from what supply...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
This is all bul* . I went into to Apple to get my phone swapped yesterday. The replacements right now are new phones in the refurb boxes for obvious reasons. So they have an iPhone to send the OP. THEY ARE DICKING WITH YOU!. I hope all is resolved my friend!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
This is all bul* . I went into to Apple to get my phone swapped yesterday. The replacements right now are new phones in the refurb boxes for obvious reasons. So they have an iPhone to send the OP. THEY ARE DICKING WITH YOU!. I hope all is resolved my friend!

Apple has stock to swap, Verizon doesn't.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't use my upgrade. Paid full price.

I'm going over to a VZW store now (In college... there is only one I know of and I don't have a car to get anywhere else, nor the time). If they have one in stock I will cancel my order and do just that. If not, I guess I'll wait it out.

I have filed claims with Verizon, FedEx and notified my CC company.

Thanks for all the help guys! I will keep you all updated

If you paid full price, may be smarter to go muy one from Apple. If you need to return (if VZW finds yours), its easy and painless. if you try to buy again from VZW, they may give you grief - or may charge you restocking fee to "return" a replacement for the stolen phone should it be located.

BTW LOVED your crack about the box being too light despite "lightest iPhone ever". If you chare that good humor with Apple, CC company, and VZW, they may very well help you out. Good luck!!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

If you paid full price, may be smarter to go muy one from Apple. If you need to return (if VZW finds yours), its easy and painless. if you try to buy again from VZW, they may give you grief - or may charge you restocking fee to "return" a replacement for the stolen phone should it be located.

BTW LOVED your crack about the box being too light despite "lightest iPhone ever". If you chare that good humor with Apple, CC company, and VZW, they may very well help you out. Good luck!!

Thanks you guys! I'm working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Verizon is being very helpful.

I'm sure they do have stock... for these kinds of things - I was told I was not the only one.
They will get from the device from Apple I assume.

I was thinking of buying it again and just getting a refund, or using my mom's upgrade and having her take my iPhone when everything was resolved.... but both Verizon and Apple won't have devices to sell to the public until November!

Will have more information tomorrow!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Question for the OP - was anyone home when FedEx delivered? Or did they just leave it on the porch?

I had to sign for mine when I got my 4s last year. I took the entire day off work thinking I'd get my phone by noon, but it was closer to 7PM by the time I got it due to a SNAFU on FedEx's end trying to find my house.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Question for the OP - was anyone home when FedEx delivered? Or did they just leave it on the porch?

I had to sign for mine when I got my 4s last year. I took the entire day off work thinking I'd get my phone by noon, but it was closer to 7PM by the time I got it due to a SNAFU on FedEx's end trying to find my house.

Housekeeper was at home. She signed for it.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you trust your housekeeper?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, haha. She has been with our family for years. Box was unopened, still FedEx shipping tape and everything. Box was way too light. there is absolutely 100% no doubt that there was no device in the box when it was originally delivered.

shawninut

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has phones to ship to you, just got an email that mine has shipped and to be delivered on Monday. They said it would not ship until October 5th. Sorry for your bad luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods