Verizon and Fedex are working together to take care of this... and my parents are dealing with it. Looks like the phone left Verizon, but never reached Los Angeles on the 21st.

In the mean-time... my parents, who aren't really tech-savvy are letting me use one of their upgrades. Dad has a Bold 9930 and loves it (he doesn't use any apps, so the basic email and simple layout is perfect for him) and my mom has an old Droid2 which also has very few apps on it, so it runs well - only thing she wants is a bigger touch keyboard (she likes the touch keypad, hates the D2's physical keyboard).

So... I'll be off to Verizon or Apple once they have stock and get my new iPhone using an upgrade from my mom.
    09-24-2012 11:08 AM
    Hate to hear that brotha. But, I can definitely say that once you get this baby in your hands all that inconvenience will wash away rather quickly. Its a great device. Hope you get it worked out soon.
    09-24-2012 12:55 PM
    This happened to me a couple of years ago with the release of the Nintendo Wii from Circuit City. A person from FedEx or UPS had stolen it out of the box. CC returned the money and everything was made right after about a week.
    09-24-2012 01:03 PM
    Hopefully it only takes a week! I called Verizon and they said that they won't have any in stock until November, and I'm definitely not ordering online again and going through that process.

Supposedly we will know more by the end of the week... I just hope I get my device soon. Can't they just overnight me a phone and if some how it doesn't get resolved (which it obviously will considering I don't have the device) just charge me again or something?! Can't they just blacklist the iPhone I was supposed to get orginally? They have all the SKU info and serial numbers and stuff...

I'm just so annoyed that I will have to wait weeks or months for a device I should have had on Friday...
    09-24-2012 01:26 PM
    Hopefully it only takes a week! I called Verizon and they said that they won't have any in stock until November, and I'm definitely not ordering online again and going through that process.

Supposedly we will know more by the end of the week... I just hope I get my device soon. Can't they just overnight me a phone and if some how it doesn't get resolved (which it obviously will considering I don't have the device) just charge me again or something?! Can't they just blacklist the iPhone I was supposed to get orginally? They have all the SKU info and serial numbers and stuff...

I'm just so annoyed that I will have to wait weeks or months for a device I should have had on Friday...
    Overnight you a phone from what supply...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-2012 02:19 AM
    This is all bul*. I went into to Apple to get my phone swapped yesterday. The replacements right now are new phones in the refurb boxes for obvious reasons. So they have an iPhone to send the OP. THEY ARE DICKING WITH YOU!. I hope all is resolved my friend!
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    09-25-2012 03:00 PM
    This is all bul*. I went into to Apple to get my phone swapped yesterday. The replacements right now are new phones in the refurb boxes for obvious reasons. So they have an iPhone to send the OP. THEY ARE DICKING WITH YOU!. I hope all is resolved my friend!
    Apple has stock to swap, Verizon doesn't.
    09-25-2012 03:14 PM
    I didn't use my upgrade. Paid full price.

I'm going over to a VZW store now (In college... there is only one I know of and I don't have a car to get anywhere else, nor the time). If they have one in stock I will cancel my order and do just that. If not, I guess I'll wait it out.

I have filed claims with Verizon, FedEx and notified my CC company.

Thanks for all the help guys! I will keep you all updated
    If you paid full price, may be smarter to go muy one from Apple. If you need to return (if VZW finds yours), its easy and painless. if you try to buy again from VZW, they may give you grief - or may charge you restocking fee to "return" a replacement for the stolen phone should it be located.

BTW LOVED your crack about the box being too light despite "lightest iPhone ever". If you chare that good humor with Apple, CC company, and VZW, they may very well help you out. Good luck!!
    09-25-2012 04:33 PM
    If you paid full price, may be smarter to go muy one from Apple. If you need to return (if VZW finds yours), its easy and painless. if you try to buy again from VZW, they may give you grief - or may charge you restocking fee to "return" a replacement for the stolen phone should it be located.

BTW LOVED your crack about the box being too light despite "lightest iPhone ever". If you chare that good humor with Apple, CC company, and VZW, they may very well help you out. Good luck!!
    Thanks you guys! I'm working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Verizon is being very helpful.

I'm sure they do have stock... for these kinds of things - I was told I was not the only one.
    They will get from the device from Apple I assume.

I was thinking of buying it again and just getting a refund, or using my mom's upgrade and having her take my iPhone when everything was resolved.... but both Verizon and Apple won't have devices to sell to the public until November!

Will have more information tomorrow!
    jeffnucci and nikkisharif like this.
    09-27-2012 12:09 AM
    Apple Retail Store - iPhone Wait til 10 pm and reserve one.

Buy it online between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. for in-store pickup the next day. Limited quantities may also be available for in-store pickup on a first-come, first-served basis.
    09-27-2012 08:41 AM
    Question for the OP - was anyone home when FedEx delivered? Or did they just leave it on the porch?

I had to sign for mine when I got my 4s last year. I took the entire day off work thinking I'd get my phone by noon, but it was closer to 7PM by the time I got it due to a SNAFU on FedEx's end trying to find my house.
    09-27-2012 01:23 PM
    Question for the OP - was anyone home when FedEx delivered? Or did they just leave it on the porch?

I had to sign for mine when I got my 4s last year. I took the entire day off work thinking I'd get my phone by noon, but it was closer to 7PM by the time I got it due to a SNAFU on FedEx's end trying to find my house.
    Housekeeper was at home. She signed for it.
    09-27-2012 01:41 PM
    Housekeeper was at home. She signed for it.
    Do you trust your housekeeper?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    09-28-2012 07:34 AM
    Do you trust your housekeeper?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, haha. She has been with our family for years. Box was unopened, still FedEx shipping tape and everything. Box was way too light. there is absolutely 100% no doubt that there was no device in the box when it was originally delivered.
    09-28-2012 09:29 AM
    Verizon has phones to ship to you, just got an email that mine has shipped and to be delivered on Monday. They said it would not ship until October 5th. Sorry for your bad luck.
    09-28-2012 01:13 PM
    Verizon has phones to ship to you, just got an email that mine has shipped and to be delivered on Monday. They said it would not ship until October 5th. Sorry for your bad luck.
    Thanks. It's good to know that they have devices! They just refuse to send one to me until they go through their 'investigation' process along with FedEx. Still no word from them (they commented that I would be getting a call yesterday or today)... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    09-28-2012 01:46 PM
    I doubt that they refuse to send you one. People who have pending orders are entitled to theirs as well. There isn't an endless supply. I'm sure they are putting a rush on it. You have said they have been helpful.
    09-28-2012 01:55 PM
    Am I the only one who, while feeling bad for O. P, is also a little jealous?
    Paid full price, housekeeper signed for it, mommy and daddy are handling it now, and oh yeah by the way, "use our upgrade", meaning op is in family plan... Does op even pay the bill???

Seriously!!!
    09-28-2012 02:02 PM
    Am I the only one who, while feeling bad for O. P, is also a little jealous?
    Paid full price, housekeeper signed for it, mommy and daddy are handling it now, and oh yeah by the way, "use our upgrade", meaning op is in family plan... Does op even pay the bill???

Seriously!!!
    Don't pay the bill... but so what? I'm in college and my parents have the means to support me (and then some).

I'm not going to be one of those kids who has 'mommy and daddy' pay for me my whole life... but I don't see a problem with my parents supporting me through college since they have the means. I work summers at internships, and am working my *** off at one of the most prestigious universities in the world.

I'm really not a pretentious person, and I paid for the device myself, with money earned over the summer... but I don't think it's wrong that my parents keep me in their plan while I'm in college.

---------- Post Merged at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I doubt that they refuse to send you one. People who have pending orders are entitled to theirs as well. There isn't an endless supply. I'm sure they are putting a rush on it. You have said they have been helpful.
    I know there isn't an endless supply. and they are being helpful. But they specifically said they wouldn't send me a device until their 'investigation' ended. They need to trace where the lost device is and work with FedEx on finding it, or understanding what happened. They assured me it wouldn't be more than a week or two... which is annoying enough as it is. But I'm being patient.
    Darth-gamer likes this.
    09-28-2012 03:57 PM
    I'm not judging, I'm just jealous
    09-28-2012 05:28 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD