How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mines good. I try to run it down til it shuts down at least once a month then apply the apple juice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, and maybe someone here can answer it.

I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone 5 from an Android phone. In Android, it has a time listed while the phone is on battery. This is since the phone was unplugged after a full charge. How is this represented with the battery stats in iOS? Is the total time off the charger the usage time and standby time combined? If so, that's incredible, and rivals my RAZR MAXX HD while only having half the battery capacity.

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a question, and maybe someone here can answer it.

I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone 5 from an Android phone. In Android, it has a time listed while the phone is on battery. This is since the phone was unplugged after a full charge. How is this represented with the battery stats in iOS? Is the total time off the charger the usage time and standby time combined? If so, that's incredible, and rivals my RAZR MAXX HD while only having half the battery capacity.

Standby time is the total time off the charger (which includes usage time) while usage time is the amount of time that the phone has been doing something.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Standby time is the total time off the charger (which includes usage time) while usage time is the amount of time that the phone has been doing something.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Thanks! That's incredible, though. Most Android phones with a battery bigger than that last half as long with less usage. This battery life seems to be right on par with my MAXX HD, which is definitely a good thing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What could be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know. But those stats can't possibly be right. Try again by letting the phone with drain down to 1%. Then charge it up to 100%, letting it charge past 100% for about 45 minutes. Don't use the phone while charging it. After charging, use it normally until it gets down below 10%. Then take another screenshot of the stats.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮