How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
odd, seems like it should be better

No, it's actually quite good. I give my devices the acid test...using the for my 45 minute ride in the DC Metro. Instantly seeking signal. It handled that beautifully. Also the drive through extreme northwestern Virginia.

The battery lasted longer than my Z10 which I wasn't even using.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to go on record as saying I told Q it was good. Lol.

It's hard to be right all the time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

tristandc

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, usage includes screen on time + phone calls right? Because on Android I'm battery settings phone calls and screen on time are separated. I know usage is not just screen on time because my finances iPhone 4S displays 4 to 5 hours usage on an average day when she knows she only had the screen on for an hour.

Anybody?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a marathon texting session today. A whopping 346 messages in a span of 5-6 hours and yes my fingers are smoking lol.

I am very pleasantly surprise that it still made 9 hours of usage, didn't think it would go that long.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 88

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a marathon texting session today. A whopping 346 messages in a span of 5-6 hours and yes my fingers are smoking lol.

I am very pleasantly surprise that it still made 9 hours of usage, didn't think it would go that long.

That's really good battery life

I see you went down to 1% and I'm assuming your texting on landscape mode cause your on rotation lock

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my best battery life so far
null_zps691135c6.png

Sent from my iPhone 5

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Bought my iPhone 5 before month and a half.

BATTERYYYYYY.jpg

I have everything turned on except the Location Service.I am turning it on only when I need it and then turning it off again,because while it was always on it drained battery. I think the battery is doing great so far :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

View attachment 35896

I have everything turned on except the Location Service.I am turning it on only when I need it and then turning it off again,because while it was always on it drained battery. I think the battery is doing great so far :)

ok, first of all that battery life is doctored up somehow

secondly, is that you in your avatar?? if so Hi!

mirki4a_93

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
ok, first of all that battery life is doctored up somehow

secondly, is that you in your avatar?? if so Hi!

It's my first iPhone.I have no clue what doctoring is all about,but I haven't done anything to it.Like I said I just turned off the Location Service.I may forgot to say also that while I am sleeping I am turning the phone on plane mode so nobody will wake me up (Messanger,Viber,Calls and etc.).But even before I start leaving the phone on plane mode it was working 8h+ and almost 2 days in stand by.I probably got a very good battery :)
Hey!
Actually the avatar is Lady Gaga's promo picture for her upcoming album ARTPOP,that I cant wait to pre-order on 08/19! :)

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's my first iPhone.I have no clue what doctoring is all about,but I haven't done anything to it.Like I said I just turned off the Location Service.I may forgot to say also that while I am sleeping I am turning the phone on plane mode so nobody will wake me up (Messanger,Viber,Calls and etc.).But even before I start leaving the phone on plane mode it was working 8h+ and almost 2 days in stand by.I probably got a very good battery :)
Hey!
Actually the avatar is Lady Gaga's promo picture for her upcoming album ARTPOP,that I cant wait to pre-order on 08/19! :)

yeah i think the airplane mode thing and turning location services off definitely help..

well are you at least a female?? lol

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 35896

That's impressive battery life but is it necessary unless you don't have quick access to a charger

There are a lot of better options than turning on airplane mode like Do Not Disturb and you can manage your Location service with each app that's accessing it

I'm not telling you what to do but limiting yourself for the sake of battery life is unusual unless your in a bind and can't get to an outlet

Sent from my iPhone 5

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
That's impressive battery life but is it necessary unless you don't have quick access to a charger

There are a lot of better options than turning on airplane mode like Do Not Disturb and you can manage your Location service with each app that's accessing it

I'm not telling you what to do but limiting yourself for the sake of battery life is unusual unless your in a bind and can't get to an outlet

Sent from my iPhone 5

This.

I read everything that was turned off and wondered why they even bother with a smartphone. Everything that makes a smartphone a smartphone was turned off.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't it also count any time the screen comes on for incoming messages, alerts, etc? I though it was basically any time the screen is on.

Per Apple

• Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you’re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.
  • Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My only battery saver is three quarter brightness and wifi access when safe

The iPhone 5 comes with a good battery management baked in and rumored to improve with iOS 7. Compared to all my past smartphones except for my Mogul 6800 it's the best I've owned so far

Sent from my iPhone 5

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
y3aje3az.jpg

I am happy and as the previous poster said, this is the best battery life of my previous SmartPhones. :)

Well it's still going so here is the updated stats.

ru7unyme.jpg

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376152237.027182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376152237.027182.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members