How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

Jonesy27

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having big issues with the battery on my phone, From 60% when I try to take a picture the phone switches itself off and when I try to turn it back on it shows the no power icon.
When I plug it into the charger it starts straight away with the battery at 60% 55% etc..
I brought it into an apple store and they did the diagnostic on it and said it's fine, They say the only way to fix it is to set it up as a new phone.. So I tried that and still the same. In fact they were no help at all in the apple store

dol4er

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having big issues with the battery on my phone, From 60% when I try to take a picture the phone switches itself off and when I try to turn it back on it shows the no power icon.
When I plug it into the charger it starts straight away with the battery at 60% 55% etc..
I brought it into an apple store and they did the diagnostic on it and said it's fine, They say the only way to fix it is to set it up as a new phone.. So I tried that and still the same. In fact they were no help at all in the apple store

It is time for you to go to the Apple Store again :D

Jonesy27

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That was my first trip to an apple store, I've always heard great things about the customer service in the apple store but in this one I felt they were trying to fob me off,
My big problem is I live on a small island and have no idea when I will get to a store again :-(

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Little refresher for those posting usage times...

Main usage is on battery all the time...

​Posting a shot of your usage when the device was already plugged in, does not reflect anything more then saying you plugged in...

sendalonline

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 5 seems to last a little less than my previous iPhone 4, then again, I'm using it a lot more. Usually I get through the day on one charge, but really have to pay attention to those Skype and Viber Calls, and while using GPS in car I plug it in to a USB Charger. I keep 3G on (no LTE yet on Vodafone in my Country), Wifi ON, no Bluetooth, Some notifications on and Push is disabled for Mail. My "normal" usage involves a lot of checking news, VOIP and GPS so, to keep that whole day battery life away from a charger I really have to struglle a bit. Much better that some Androids I've tested though...

If I'm not really using it much though, I get great standby time :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Still going strong 10 months later. :)

my9ynyja.jpg

dapedeby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the percentage but I don't need charging yet though I'm about to plug in...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374409009.381538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This is my first day at work and away from wifi for ten hours. I'm pretty happy, considering that it includes a Metro ride.

ugypevyt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

tristandc

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, usage includes screen on time + phone calls right? Because on Android I'm battery settings phone calls and screen on time are separated. I know usage is not just screen on time because my finances iPhone 4S displays 4 to 5 hours usage on an average day when she knows she only had the screen on for an hour.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR