How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Finally getting good battery life, and proving once again that the notion that widgets will "kill" battery life, is nothing but an unsubstantiated myth...

Attachments

• IMG_2080.PNG
    IMG_2080.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 47

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my iPhone 5 for a few days now but I can tell you I've been pretty impressed with battery life. I have noticed that my last iPhone (which was an iPhone 4) lasted about an hour longer, but I also attribute the bigger screen and my heavy usage of LTE (my area is blanketed with LTE coverage from Verizon) is partially to blame there.

I will tell you this though, I'm coming from a Motorola Droid Razr HD (Not the MAXX version) and despite the 5 having a smaller capacity battery, it's still outlasting my Razr. Overall, it's the best LTE device I've used in terms of battery life thus far.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 but just until recently the battery life was really bad. I downloaded a program on my Mac that cleared up a lot of space on my iPhone and I used the Reset All Settings option. My battery was great for a week or two, only going from 100-90 after being used for 3-4 hours but now it is back to going from 100-75 in about 2 hours.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
100-75 in two hours (or usage) isn't bad, that's eight hours of use overall, I'd gladly take that...its my 4.5-5 hours of use that's giving me aggravation...

I have an iPhone 5 but just until recently the battery life was really bad. I downloaded a program on my Mac that cleared up a lot of space on my iPhone and I used the Reset All Settings option. My battery was great for a week or two, only going from 100-90 after being used for 3-4 hours but now it is back to going from 100-75 in about 2 hours.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden my battery life seems to have increased. The only changes I made were to get rid of one gmail that was fetching every 30 mins and the other gmail, Exchange push forwarded to my MS Exchange email.

This is what I got with my average usage.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368563645.545986.jpg,

PS: that was just before it shut off.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
How is your e-mail set up? I found that turning push off and fetching manually helps my battery last longer.

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
First, that's absolutely crazy usage time, I can only assume alot of it is listening to music with the screen off, otherwise you have some experimental iPhone with the battery we all should have gotten (LOL).

Second, what do you mean by "gmail, Exchange push forwarded to my MS Exchange email"?

All of a sudden my battery life seems to have increased. The only changes I made were to get rid of one gmail that was fetching every 30 mins and the other gmail, Exchange push forwarded to my MS Exchange email.

This is what I got with my average usage.

View attachment 30766,

PS: that was just before it shut off.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
First, that's absolutely crazy usage time, I can only assume alot of it is listening to music with the screen off, otherwise you have some experimental iPhone with the battery we all should have gotten (LOL).

Second, what do you mean by "gmail, Exchange push forwarded to my MS Exchange email"?
lol, just a standard iPhone and I don't listen to music much on it.

My GMail is setup as Exchange and so is my Outlook EMail, so instead of emails from both sources, I am forwarding all emails that come to my gmail to my Outlook email. Makes sense?

I was taken by surprise as well. :)

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded to 6.1.4 the battery has approved less apps and emails you download the better but You would want to have as much apps as you please when you pay for phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

c2tarun

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Coming from Samsung Galaxy ace battery life isn't that great. But that is the only field in which ace beats iphone ;) Otherwise phone is aweeessommme and I am satisfied with the battery life.

photo.PNG

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
7 months later and I'm still getting this on my iPhone 5.

esezabys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still excellent... currently at 81%... stand by time: 11 hours, 39 minutes; usage: 4 hours, 6 minutes.... been totally on wifi today...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative