How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is not that good, but I also just came from a note 2, sometimes I wouldnt charge that thing for 2-3 days at a time.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it was an issue before 6.1.3. I'm on 6.1.2 and have really cr4p battery life (see my thread here http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/254898-battery-issue-restore-question.html)

Looking at threads and other forums across the web it appears that the battery issue was introduced with IOS 6.0 or, in many cases, even earlier. Or maybe I've misread your post and you meant there already was a battery issue but 6.1.3 made it even worse?

Oops, yea meant after 6.1, before 6.1, on 6.0.2 my battery life was great, it went to crap the second I updated to 6.1, I've had the issue on two different iPhone 5's.

On 6.0.2 I once got 10.5 hours usage on a full charge, 95% of it being on LTE, that time dropped to half that or less now, why Apple hasn't released a fix, or why none of the tech blogs have acknowledged it as a major problem is baffling to me. One of the major reasons I returned my GS3 for an iPhone 5 last November was due to terrible battery life on that thing, how ironic it is now that it beat both iPhone 5's i've had now..:p

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My first day back on the iPhone 5 was good. I had fairly heavy use and I unplugged at 6am and plugged back in at 8pm with about 20% left. I will take that everyday. That's only one day so we will see. I am coming from the Note 2 and I would get about 4 hours more than that on the Note 2. That battery is huge though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My first day back on the iPhone 5 was good. I had fairly heavy use and I unplugged at 6am and plugged back in at 8pm with about 20% left. I will take that everyday. That's only one day so we will see. I am coming from the Note 2 and I would get about 4 hours more than that on the Note 2. That battery is huge though.

Well look at it this way if your only getting four hours less than your note 2 is pretty impressive considering the battery in the 5 is about more than half the capacity.

Sent from the collector home world.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well look at it this way if your only getting four hours less than your note 2 is pretty impressive considering the battery in the 5 is about more than half the capacity.

I know. It sounds crazy but it seems to be the case after almost a week. I have been getting about 14 hours from the iPhone and I'm at or around 20% at that point. That's all I need. I could get away with less but it's nice to know it is there.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I know. It sounds crazy but it seems to be the case after almost a week. I have been getting about 14 hours from the iPhone and I'm at or around 20% at that point. That's all I need. I could get away with less but it's nice to know it is there.

Yeah my best has been 9 hours usage and 42 hours standby.

jackholl92

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I noticed battery life got better on 6.1.4 which is funny
qy4ydetu.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
An update doesn't have to specifically state it's helping battery life or making it worse. Just saying...

I agree. Just because an update targets one thing, it doesn't mean it won't have a positive or negative effect on something else.

theonnl

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery from the very beginning was much weaker than the 4S. Without Wi-Fi using an application withstands 9 - 11 hours, and also iPhone is overheating.
Maybe someone has an idea why?

theonnl

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery from the very beginning was much weaker than the 4S. Without Wi-Fi using an application withstands 9 - 11 hours, and also iPhone is overheating.
Maybe someone has an idea why?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Before iOS 6.1.2 I would get 7-9 hours of use on mainly wi-fi around 4 hours if mainly cellular (4G/LTE). After updating to 6.1.2. and especifally after 6.1.3 I would get no more than 6 hours even if 99% on wifi and usually between 4.5 - 5.5 hours (these are usage numbers, I try to charge only once per day, usually overnigh, if possible).

6.1.4 has not improved things.

To top things off, its totally unpredicatble, as in it can lose 5% of battery in 5 minutes, and on the other hand sometimes stays at 100% for a half hour of use (and I periodically drain the phone to the point of it shutting down).

Last point, I have 2 push emai accounts, iCloud set to fetch, brightness set to below 50% but on auto and otherwise keep notifications and location services to a relative minimum.

Is it software or the hardware? Even though I bought Apple Care+, I prefer not to swap hardware unless its really necessary (you just never know what you're going to receive).

This is really frustrating...

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm running Jailbroken on 6.1 and WITH a jailbreak and all my tweaks I easily get a full day of my iPhone 5.
I Instagram, Call A LOT, Whatsapp, Text, Take pictures and a little music and browsing. I don't play that much on my phone considering I have my ipad, but if I play I still get a full day. Before going to bed my phone is at about 20% which is at 12:00-12:30. I'm pretty happy! Oh and I use 3G all day, no wi-fi or anything.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Matt Hickman

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the phone was ever designed to last longer than one day. who's phone Lasts longer than a day? only blackberry or feature phones can go longer than a day. yes a few others as well but if you sleep why wouldn't you charge you're phone it only takes a hour?

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is my latest battery life screen shot. This is with my brand new Lenmar 2300 mah battery case. W/O the case I usually get 8-9 hours of usage time and about 24-28 hours between charges.

With the case I got 56 hours between charges and almost 19 hours of usage time. That is more than double what I usually get.

This was the first time I used the case and the phone from a full charge until empty. I used the phone battery 1st and then charged the phone from the case.

I think it will get even better after the case battery is calibrated. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1368239820.324243.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73