How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

GCMS

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
When my iPhone 5 arrived almost a month ago, the first thing I did after making sure it was not damaged, was turn it on, connect it to iTunes and upgrade the to iOS 6.1.3. I have no regrets in doing so and my battery life is excellent. Still, I understand that there are others whose battery life is sub-par. I cannot explain why that is. As for the iOS update notification, I don't think you can hide it without your device being jailbroken, but I could be wrong. Finally, in regard to which is better, to update OTA or via iTunes, you will have people favoring both. Personally, I prefer to update via iTunes because it is not necessarily a patchwork update, but a full install of iOS.
Awesome thanks for reply! One more question I'm new to apple products so forgive me in advance but it shouldn't matter if the iTunes I have is on windows xp and wont affect the download of the ios 6.1.3 to my phone should it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
And usage do you game or just read etc?

I am a medium to heavy user and my phone is with me being used off and on for 15 hours a day (9 A.M. to Midnight) and I still don't have to put it on the charger at that time. I try to wait until the battery level reaches 10% before I recharge.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes it was, Apple did something after 6.1.2 that is draining the battery faster.

I think it was an issue before 6.1.3. I'm on 6.1.2 and have really cr4p battery life (see my thread here http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/254898-battery-issue-restore-question.html)

Looking at threads and other forums across the web it appears that the battery issue was introduced with IOS 6.0 or, in many cases, even earlier. Or maybe I've misread your post and you meant there already was a battery issue but 6.1.3 made it even worse?

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok how much actually usage time in the general section under usage at the bottomView attachment 30028

I notice you've got 4G enabled. If you keep that enabled all the time you will get poor battery life. Also, I spotted you've got Google Drive installed. That's a massive battery drainer and memory hog. It works in pretty much the same way as iCloud and if you've got both of those enabled, or even one of them, your battery life will be very bad especially with 4G on all the time too.

I had Google Drive on my android and uninstalled after a couple of days because it was so resource and battery hungry.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's just showing off! :) I wish I could get a third of that.

(laughing).....Hopefully, I can continue getting battery life like that. I'm a huge fan of "restoring as new" via iTunes and after I restore my device, I turn ON "Limit Ad Tracking" and then I select "Don't Send" under Diagnostic & Usage. After that, I re-install my apps and then comb through the settings thoroughly paying attention to which have access to my location & personal information and I adjust them accordingly. Afterwards, I use my phone like I normally would and either let the battery totally drain before charging or charge it when it reaches 10%. Of course, there are times when I can't do that. But anyway, I've did those things when I had my 4S which also had excellent battery life. Anyway, give it a try, if you haven't already.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner