How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I see mine a little better than I did with my iPhone4. I get a day out of it easy and sometimes 2 days depending on my usage.

lukeec123

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you running 6.1?
Conditioning the battery once a month really helps also. By conditioning I mean drain the battery to zero until it turns off then charge it uninterrupted to 100%

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I try and condition the battery once a month. I have not notice any difference today with 6.1 with the past.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

estroh

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you running 6.1?
Conditioning the battery once a month really helps also. By conditioning I mean drain the battery to zero until it turns off then charge it uninterrupted to 100%

Thanks, i will try that. Are you leaving your plugged in overnight or do you shut your phone off? Are you using a paid or free app like battery monitor?

My phone drains fast when I play Battle Ship.

lukeec123

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Well if your not experiencing issues before and not experiencing them now, that's a good thing because Apple has a history of affecting battery life in a negative way with subsequent OS updates!
I'm quite happy with 6.1!
Is it just me or do you notice Siri processes spoken queries faster?

lukeec123

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I never turn my phone off. I usually unplug it if unable to when the battery indicator changes to the plug sign indicating a full charge. I'm not a fan of charging my phone overnight if I have the option not to need to.
People say leaving it plugged in overnight doesn't affect the battery, but it does because the battery drops down to about 98% and then recharges and keep repeating the process until you unplug the phone.
I know sometimes it's difficult but try not to charge it overnight.

lukeec123

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I charge it during work and when I can before going to sleep. Sometimes a charge it overnight most of the time not. I baby my phone ha ha

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
but that's just your theory. do you have any proof to back it up?

I am sure most people usually charge their phone overnight when they sleep, so Apple, Samsung, and any other OEM manufacturers have consider that scenario in their battery management software. If charging overnight will affect the battery, I am confident that these OEMs would address it, otherwise people will be unhappy and return the phone.

In my opinion, charging it overnight or until it's full do not have any affect whatsoever to the phone except normal wear and tear.

I never turn my phone off. I usually unplug it if unable to when the battery indicator changes to the plug sign indicating a full charge. I'm not a fan of charging my phone overnight if I have the option not to need to.
People say leaving it plugged in overnight doesn't affect the battery, but it does because the battery drops down to about 98% and then recharges and keep repeating the process until you unplug the phone.
I know sometimes it's difficult but try not to charge it overnight.

lukeec123

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak your phone, download a utility called battery detective? Take not of the health of the battery. Then charge it over night for a month then check the health and max capacity and you'll see what I'm talking about. I know how batteries work. I don't care what manufacturers say, I know exactly how lithium ion batteries work. They're not designed to be over charged over and over.
Plug in a laptop with its battery attached charging every day all day and talk to me after month and tell me how that battery is doing...

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea how I get the battery life that I do. I charge it fully when it is in the 10-20% area. I use it for music virtually all day at work. I check and write tweets on two accounts from it, during the day. I take and make a few calls. I try to make the calling part a LITTLE as possible. But, besides listening to music the bulk of my use is email and text\iMessage.

The tech specs on Apple's website say 40 hours of music playback. If you're using your phone primarily for music your battery life is nothing out of the ordinary.

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What kind of battery life are people getting when only on 3G or LTE (not wifi)? I get about 5 hours of usage, give or take a little.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
lol, if you know battery, then my brother is God of battery as he works at Tesla Motors as their battery engineer in their battery laboratory. Even he himself plugs his phone at night when he sleeps. No problems at all.

the laptop is not the right comparison, but even if you want to compare it, nowadays you have built in battery on the laptop like Sony and Apple. Would it be a hassle to plug and unplug all day and not charging it? your theory is not correct.

You can't just claim a fact and not back it up.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

"?Should I disconnect my laptop from the power grid when not in use?? many ask. Under normal circumstances this should not be necessary because once the lithium-ion battery is full the charger discontinues charge and only engages when the battery voltage drops. Most users do not remove the AC power and I like to believe that this practice is safe."

Jailbreak your phone, download a utility called battery detective? Take not of the health of the battery. Then charge it over night for a month then check the health and max capacity and you'll see what I'm talking about. I know how batteries work. I don't care what manufacturers say, I know exactly how lithium ion batteries work. They're not designed to be over charged over and over.
Plug in a laptop with its battery attached charging every day all day and talk to me after month and tell me how that battery is doing...

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
after updating the new Angry Bird Star Wars, I went crazy and played it at least couple hours, just curious if it's normal usage for todays on 6.1

Here is the new info

iOS 6.1 Battery Diary

2/1 - heavy dose of angry birds
battery level at 50%
Usage 6 hours 04 minutes
Standby 13 hours 16 minutes

1/31
battery level at 44%
usage 7 hours 11 min
standby 1 day 0 hours

OS 6.0.2 Battery Diary

1/30

battery level at 27%
usage 11 hours 16 min
standby 1 day 13 hours

1/19
battery level at 29%
usage 7 hrs 47 min
standby 1 day 1 hour

1/16
Battery level at 54%
usage 4 hours 27 minutes
standby 13 hours 49 minutes

1/15
Battery level at 56%
usage 6 hours 32 minutes
standby 18 hours 38 minutes

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery life for today :)
upa9eseq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
takuma089, do you play games with your iPhone? if so, what games? or just browsing (safary, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc)? you can match the usage with standby... wow

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2