How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow. How much of that usage was spent on Wi-Fi? And how much of that was listening to music?

Nearly all of it was Wifi use, including Facebook, texting, GroupMe, Safari. Two or so hours on LTE and about an hour of pure music.app use

I honestly was shocked at it myself. I didn't do anything different from what I normally do on those days. I just make sure my apps are closed and that my screen brightness it at 60% or less.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It just keeps getting better and better... about 30-35% on wifi... email, twitter, instagram, web surfing... I didn't charge it over night last night, and it's still going strong...

IMG_0884.PNG

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Drained. This is my first cycle cheers :p !

photo-7.png

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351637639.623813.jpg

I feel like this could be better...I charged it at work to 100% then took it off charger at like 4pm , got off work at 5 and at 5:30 played a game for like 45 min maybe longer and then took this screen shot. 60% seems. Little steep for having it off the charger only a few hours , it's 7 pm now I took that pic ten min ago. I might swap this one for another at apple because my moms iPhone 5 gets amazing battery and mine not so much. What do u guys think?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Nearly all of it was Wifi use, including Facebook, texting, GroupMe, Safari. Two or so hours on LTE and about an hour of pure music.app use

I honestly was shocked at it myself. I didn't do anything different from what I normally do on those days. I just make sure my apps are closed and that my screen brightness it at 60% or less.
That's crazy. The best I've gotten was 9hrs 30mins usage and 1.5 days stanby with 5% left. That was 95% on wifi and the screen brightness always the lowest. I now bring the screen brightness up and use more 3G/LTE and I can't really make it through a full day.

I feel like this could be better...I charged it at work to 100% then took it off charger at like 4pm , got off work at 5 and at 5:30 played a game for like 45 min maybe longer and then took this screen shot. 60% seems. Little steep for having it off the charger only a few hours , it's 7 pm now I took that pic ten min ago. I might swap this one for another at apple because my moms iPhone 5 gets amazing battery and mine not so much. What do u guys think?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That's pretty low, but games will drain the battery quick. Still, around 60% after 1.5 hours is pretty low.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem like the software update is going to do anything to help the battery life.

Seems like we'll have to wait until 6.1 (after Christmas) if anything. An Apple Genius had told me 6.0.1 would improve the battery life when I took mine in.

Mine has incredible battery on wifi. On 3G or LTE it seems to drain every time I do a simple action on it (send one text, look at one website, read one email, etc.)

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Seems like we'll have to wait until 6.1 (after Christmas) if anything. An Apple Genius had told me 6.0.1 would improve the battery life when I took mine in.

Mine has incredible battery on wifi. On 3G or LTE it seems to drain every time I do a simple action on it (send one text, look at one website, read one email, etc.)

Same experience here. On wifi I get about 7-8 hours of battery life, sometimes even more. Over 3G or LTE I'm getting around 4 hours. Something's not right.

medeaortica

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
mine seems to be incredibly short in life
very few calls (two or three not more 10 minutes max each)
and a bit of podcast activity: only downloading, with screen off, through wi-fi (I can't imagine listening and viewing them)
and doesn't last more then 12 hours

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is mine. In case your wondering why the usage is so good, I run a sleep cycle app at night with the iPhone on my bed. It tells me how well I slept for the night.

a9a3apej.jpg

jinye

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am in 80 percent, with just 1 hour of usage and 3 hours of standby...

I feel it is quite bad, comparing to the enourmous battery life some users seem to have here...

The 1 hour of usage was mostly on 3G, and it seemed that the battery was draining too fast when I was browsing... Like 2 minutes and 1 percent would go down.

Here's a picture:

Attachments

• IMG_0067.PNG
    IMG_0067.PNG
    106.3 KB · Views: 79