How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Pretty good battery life. I'm in a vzw lte area and battery is lasting through the day with 2 emails, twitter, fb sync, and some web browsing.

Same here. Was on wifi for all but 4 hours, but was running Hulu plus or Netflix to try and drain it last night. Finally gave up at 11 pm and 10%. Woke up today to 3%.

This was the stats at 2%.
View attachment 19371

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bebass

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Battery life on my iPhone 5 is not good - it is draining quickly. I turned off all but the necessary notifications and I turned off LTE to see it the battery life would improve - it hasn't gotten any better.
Any suggestions? -Someone mentioned wiping it and restoring from iTunes - I'd like to try that but I am not sure how to do it - and what the implications are - will I lose everything? Do I have to reactivate the phone after wiping it or will I just have to restore my apps etc from iTunes? I've had an iPhone 4 and 4S with great battery life. I'm not sure why my new 5 is draining so quickly.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ZeroLeonheart

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought about restoring from my iPhone 4, but decided to start fresh, in case there was something that wasn't compatible with the new phone. Did you use your old back up when setting up the 5? Just curious.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought about restoring from my iPhone 4, but decided to start fresh, in case there was something that wasn't compatible with the new phone. Did you use your old back up when setting up the 5? Just curious.

I did. No issues at all. I did take apps off the 4 that I didn't plan to use on the 5 (Waze, Photosynth, for example) before I did my final backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bebass

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
yes - I backed up my iPhone 4S late Thursday night. Then my iPhone 5 arrived I had to go to the Apples store because Verizon had linked the upgrade to a different line on our plan. They couldn't figure out how to switch it so they suggested going to the Apple store. The Apple store person was great - they were able switch the phone to the line I wanted it on and also put my old 4S on my wife's line. While there they had me restore from iCloud and all my apps and settings came in perfectly. The phone works great but the battery drains like crazy. My 4S had excellent battery life - I'd like to get that out of my 5.

skittlesj20

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am not happy with the battery whatsoever. Yesterday it took over 2hrs to fully charge from like 15% and quickly depleted again. Ok, I will admit I was using it like crazy yesterday as I never had an iphone before but it still seemed a little. Okay I fully charged at 12:30pm and at 6:30pm I hit 20% after moderate use.
(usage 3hrs, 27min, standby 5hrs, 58min). Is that normal?

barkerja

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not happy with the battery whatsoever. Yesterday it took over 2hrs to fully charge from like 15% and quickly depleted again. Ok, I will admit I was using it like crazy yesterday as I never had an iphone before but it still seemed a little. Okay I fully charged at 12:30pm and at 6:30pm I hit 20% after moderate use.
(usage 3hrs, 27min, standby 5hrs, 58min). Is that normal?

It depends. Everyone's usage times are going to vary because not everyone is using their devices the same way. It depends on how you were using your phone; GPS? Video? Camera? Etc ..

If you were using the camera A LOT and GPS for example, then I would say that's not bad, however if you were just casually browsing the internet, texting, email, etc. then you have may have an issue of some sort.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to put it out there, basing battery efficiency shortly after any phone's release is really not the best gauge for legitimate results...everyone is playing with their phones, adjusting settings, customizing, etc etc etc...MUCH more use than would normally happen during your normal day. Give it a week or so, then gauge your battery life...or don't, and b*tch about it so everyone knows how unhappy you are with everything in the world.

skittlesj20

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It depends. Everyone's usage times are going to vary because not everyone is using their devices the same way. It depends on how you were using your phone; GPS? Video? Camera? Etc ..

If you were using the camera A LOT and GPS for example, then I would say that's not bad, however if you were just casually browsing the internet, texting, email, etc. then you have may have an issue of some sort.

No gps, no wifi, took 1 pic, a little texting, instagram and twitter and listening to music.

flyboy907

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
So far I have been very happy with my battery but the big thing I have noticed that I havn't read anybody talking about is how fast it charges. I went from 13% today to 100% in about a hour, super fast charging. Love IT~

skittlesj20

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Are (or were) you in an area with bad reception? Low signal will rapidly deplete a battery. And using cell data over wifi will use more battery. WiFi is a lot more efficient.

No, at home I have 3 bars and I was out and about today. I live in NY so reception isn't too bad.

barkerja

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
This is my usage this weekend of normal usage. About 40% of usage was over LTE, 60% over WiFi. Lots of music, texting, browsing the internet, and even watched ? of an NFL game.

IMG_2552.PNG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods