How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

Terminatorbob

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Basically. Usage just means how long you've used the phone. Texting, talking on the phone, surfing the web ect.

OK so it encompasses everything. Thats what I thought but wasn't sure.

A lot of what you guys are getting is more a long the lines of what I am getting with my 3800mah extended battery on my gs2. So that's pretty damn impressive to me.

Thanks for the clarification!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
How's the battery working for you?

My battery is draining a lot faster than my old iphone 4. I've drained it fully twice and charged over night. Seems to be getting better as its running in. But not much!

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
I haven't done any full blown tests (not charging it all day to see how long it goes) but I'm going to try that today now that I figured out how to turn on my battery percentage. This is my first iPhone so I didn't know about that setting. Overall, I'm quite happy with battery life. I'm coming from a Palm Pre 2, though, which had horrible battery life, so take that into consideration.

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just lost 25 percent of my battery in less than one hour of streaming. Down to 17 percent in less than 4 total hours of usage. Terrible battery life.

bartmobile

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I just figured out something interesting...

I used an icloud restore to "build" my new iphone5. Since yesterday, when I got my new phone and restored from backup, battery life has seemed "less than impressive."

Today, i noticed that some of my photos are still coming down from the cloud in Photos -> Albums...
One of my albums has the spinning wheel at the bottom of the screen, and it is saying "downloading 14 of 22." My guess is that there is something stuck during this download and the IOS is constantly attempting to grab those remaining photos to "sync up" that album whenever I'm on wifi and plugged-in to a power source? Maybe?

Actually, I didn't check this until just now (and now that I've plugged in to a power source to charge the phone because it was down to 16%, I'm seeing this).

Anyway, if I can figure out how to stop that background downloading of those few remaining photos, or if they ever finish downloading completely, I'll reply to this post with an update. I may attempt to wipe it and restore from the backup again.

Maybe your battery draining problems are related to what I'm seeing? Does anyone have this same thing happening?
Good Luck.
UPDATE:
I went in to that album, and started to EDIT -> REMOVE items from within that album. Of course, I was prompted by a message stating "This photo will be removed from this album, but will remain in your photo library." I went through and "removed" all the photos from this last album that was stuck being restored, and that seemed to help. At least the spinning wheel has gone away, and I deleted the empty album. Again, we'll see if that helps.

Last edited:

Farshid72

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Some Days I Open The FB and Some other messanger And My WiFi is connected in this state my bettery become empty very soon
but sometime that am in home i connect to the ac adaptor !!! it bettary is Litium and if it become 100% the bettary not charging until you disconnect it

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Charged it to 100% last night. 12 hour stand by and 1 hour 18 minute usage and I was down to 60%. That's bad. I was able to pull off a lot more with my iPhone 4

larryganz

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
EDIT - As stated in prevois pots, battery life improved from avg of 18% per hour drain to 9% per hour with my fixes to remove some files that weren't syncing properly. But it still wasn't good enough for me, and I still could not do a restore from 4S backup to my 5 without it never finishing and just droppng out. I found I also had some ghost voice memos that got duplicated 4-5 times when I had the failed multiple restores of my 4S backup to the 5 (itunes said they were there on the iPhone 5 but they didnt exist on the 4S or 5) and some music that wasn't syncing due to corruption. The corrupt music files couldnt even be converted into another format, and had to be lost.

I removed the voice memos and bad files on the 4S and backed it up again, and restored onto a fresh iPhone 5. I didn't have the restore fail this time, and was the first time it went through to the iPhone 5 without a problem. I didn't need to reset all settings either. After that, at 2 hour 40 min standby 19 min usage I was still at 100%, and at 3 our 38 minutes standby, 24 minutes usage I was at 99%. As I type this, after 5:26 standby and 1:13 usage I'm at 83%. Much better !!!!

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I noticed today that using LTE seems to drain the battery pretty fast. For now I think I'll shut it off and see if it make a difference.

slowednblowed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I must definitely have a battery problem then. No LTE just 3G and only text and web surfing.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Mine was getting about the same battery life as yours. i took it to Apple and they said they were gonna reflash the software on my phone and "tell my battery how it needs to act". It failed on the restore twice for hardware issues, left with a new phone.

Explain this. Very little usage. Only 3G no LTE . Texting and web browsing ONLY. No playing with settings or anything like that.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
2F732583-CFF5-42E7-9785-1B6D307FD3C7-757-0000009200B66EF4.jpg

I thought some would like to compare their heavy usage with very light usage. These results were obtained before my iP5 completed its first full cycle - indeed these results pretty much ARE that first cycle! I charged the first time last friday night, perhaps from 60% to full, and then yesterday after the screenshot. WiFi was on all the time. Used a little LTE. Played a game for about 2 hours. The rest was internet, e-mail, sms, and of course customizing and some fooling around... No pictures, and perhaps half an hour of phone calls...

Usage in real time is not that impressive in these results, but standby time makes up for it! Usually I use it twice more, but all things considered I'm confident I'll get through my days without having a single thought about the battery!

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I get 1-4 bars all day long it just jumps around even when I'm in the same area all day. I used to get 5 on my 4 but not with this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice