For those wondering, on Verizon, that line about 24 hours is true, but it isn't "24 hours." I activated yesterday on the old line yesterday at 4PM ish and today at 8AM ish. For those that did the "Buy on the dumbphone line and switch" thing, like me, I confirm this works. They DO reset the SIM numbers.

iPhone 5 with Unlimited 4G LTE data.

I tried to activate online and got issues. Do not be discouraged. Call them and they are good about it.

NO NEW SIM NEEDED. I REPEAT, I CONFIRM NO NEW SIM IS NEEDED WHATSOEVER. I HAVE ONLY EVER HAD ONE SIM IN MY PHONE, AND 2 LINES!

09-22-2012 08:35 AM
    I went to apple store and they gave me a new SIM card to fix the problem immediately.
    09-22-2012 09:05 AM
    No new sim needed. This is helpful if you cannot fine one like some people.
    09-22-2012 09:42 AM
    I went to the VZW store and had them put in a new SIM so I didn't have to wait.
    09-22-2012 10:07 AM
    Worked for me this am also. I really didn't want to have to go to a store.
    Darth-gamer likes this.
    09-22-2012 01:39 PM
    For those wondering, on Verizon, that line about 24 hours is true, but it isn't "24 hours." I activated yesterday on the old line yesterday at 4PM ish and today at 8AM ish. For those that did the "Buy on the dumbphone line and switch" thing, like me, I confirm this works. They DO reset the SIM numbers.

Click to view quoted image

iPhone 5 with Unlimited 4G LTE data.

I tried to activate online and got issues. Do not be discouraged. Call them and they are good about it.

NO NEW SIM NEEDED. I REPEAT, I CONFIRM NO NEW SIM IS NEEDED WHATSOEVER. I HAVE ONLY EVER HAD ONE SIM IN MY PHONE, AND 2 LINES!

Glad it you got it working
    Darth-gamer likes this.
    09-22-2012 02:23 PM
    I had to go to Apple Store to buy apple care anyway so I just had them do new SIM card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-22-2012 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD