Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It started two days ago (got my iPhone at launch date): When I plugin my Lighting Cable, sometimes it will not charge, and I have to unplug/replug it, then it will charge. Does that on two different Lighting cables connected to 2 differents USB ports. I'm trying to use only the Apple 5W charger to test things out. Will let you know.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It started two days ago (got my iPhone at launch date): When I plugin my Lighting Cable, sometimes it will not charge, and I have to unplug/replug it, then it will charge. Does that on two different Lighting cables connected to 2 differents USB ports. I'm trying to use only the Apple 5W charger to test things out. Will let you know.

Mine did that also with a new lightning cable I got after pluging and unplugging a couple 20 times lol it works fine now

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wifi connectivity is incredibly bad. Keeps losing connectivity but then go to wifi settings and it'll reconnect. Never saw this issue on 4S even running iOS 6.

randomhero73

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
On my 4th swap... and according to the apple store guy, my last swap they will allow me to do. First 3 either scratched, chipped or had serious battery issues. Got my 4th and final swap today. And after getting home and inspecting it. Have noticed the top part of the aluminium ( Black Model ) around the top where the power button is, that the colour of the black is completely different. Much lighter, and is quite noticeable. Does not match the rest of the black on the back or bottom. I honestly dont know what to do anymore?

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Received my iPhone 5 today. I got a white 16gb from Verizon. I've had this on order since Oct 23rd.

Immediately after it was done loading all my apps and such I started doing tests to see if any of the issues people commonly have are present in my iPhone. I was considering myself pretty damn lucky until I went to take video. I have a bad hiss sound when listening to the video i just took from the iPhone 5.

hektor83

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
On my 4th swap... and according to the apple store guy, my last swap they will allow me to do. First 3 either scratched, chipped or had serious battery issues. Got my 4th and final swap today. And after getting home and inspecting it. Have noticed the top part of the aluminium ( Black Model ) around the top where the power button is, that the colour of the black is completely different. Much lighter, and is quite noticeable. Does not match the rest of the black on the back or bottom. I honestly dont know what to do anymore?

Get a different phone? Or just live with it.

lindsey202004

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing the "call failed" issue? I will be talking and the call will drop (btw I have full bars of service at the time) and the phone says call failed and you have the option to call back or cancel and I push call back and it doesn't go through, it tries to connect and then says call failed again. It will do this like 3 or 4 times and then finally the call will go through. I have a 16gb white AT&T Iphone 5. I have read some people say it is an AT&T issue, but I never had that happen on my blackberry. It has happened like 5 or 6 times just today.

Kona Baker

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had static on my first IPhone 5 . Return it! Take a screen shot of the static, back up your phone and schedule appointment at Genius Bar . Show them the photo and you will get a new phone.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I had static on my first IPhone 5 . Return it! Take a screen shot of the static, back up your phone and schedule appointment at Genius Bar . Show them the photo and you will get a new phone.

You can't screen shot the static. I tried multiple times. (And 6.0.1 fixes it anyways, so they won't swap it any longer for that)

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No issues. My white 16GB iPhone 5 works like a charm. Although I have suggestions for iOS6, the phone itself works perfectly fine.

Another great phone made possible by Apple.

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing the "call failed" issue? I will be talking and the call will drop (btw I have full bars of service at the time) and the phone says call failed and you have the option to call back or cancel and I push call back and it doesn't go through, it tries to connect and then says call failed again. It will do this like 3 or 4 times and then finally the call will go through. I have a 16gb white AT&T Iphone 5. I have read some people say it is an AT&T issue, but I never had that happen on my blackberry. It has happened like 5 or 6 times just today.

I experienced the same thing, I'm with Rogers and it happened 2-3 times. My coverage was also full on 3G.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
For my part, I noticed a delay when I answer a call. I don't know if it's carrier related or the phone. It's kind of annoying.

I noticed that when I receive a call. I would always say hello and the other doesn't say anything. Then I say hello again then they answer. I thought I was going crazy or something. Glad I'm not the only one.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a several issues I can't put the damn thing down its so awesome which is straining my relationships. Also when I forget to put it on the charger it won't die. I practically have a charger for nothing.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My home button seems to be coming a bit loose. I can hear/feel it moving around, and sometimes it has an almost double click when I go to hit it.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
My home button seems to be coming a bit loose. I can hear/feel it moving around, and sometimes it has an almost double click when I go to hit it.

If your within your return period do it. While my home button broke in a bit it is not loose or anything like you described.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73