Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I my 5 keeps asking me to log with an Apple ID--the IDs of other people! These are three individuals in my contacts (I restored from a 4S via iCloud): only one of the email addresses is current and still listed in the contact for that person! I am signed into mine just fine.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on and how to get the 5 to quit this obnoxious behavior?! Thanks!

I had that issue when updating to iOS6 on Wednesday on 4s I just hit cancel. Then synced with iTunes and it fixed it.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I opened my box, tuned my phone on, and have a cluster of dead pixels in the middle right of the screen. I have an appointment today with apple.

ces911

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.. Keep them coming.. I think this will help others with issues in one place, instead of looking all over the forums for issues...

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
You have to use a passbook enabled app or website for this to work, IE Sephora, Target, etc. There will either be a banner to click on to add passbook or directions how to add it to your passbook. I have my sephora insider card and target coupons on my passbook currently

Okay, but how do I do things like add loyalty cards from stores and stuff to it? That functionality seems to be totally missing at the moment.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed typing to be noticeably more difficult than on my 4S (on iOS 5). The keyboard will often not pick up letters and then either doesn't autocorrect or corrects to something really weird.

I've also noticed flickering horizontal lines along the top third of the keyboard a couple times. Goes away after a couple seconds though.

Auto brightness doesn't seem to work properly either (same issue as others have said where in a dark room, the brightness does not decrease).

I had it crash once on me out of nowhere, just swiping between screens and all of a sudden: Apple logo.

Physically, I went to pick up the phone and the side of my nail kind of knocked the side and lo and behold, the black coating on the rim just fell right off in that spot. It seems like whatever that coating is, it does not have much resistance. I'm not one for cases or bumpers...I fear for the worst.

I'll keep my eye out for more...

Reactions: trmoney24

clayface

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Lightning cable is DOA. Applecare is sending one in 5-7 business days. time to really put the battery life test to use. Think it will last that long? maybe i can go down to my local store and buy a new one...wait...maybe I can go to my local apple store to get the issue resolved..2 hours drive...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have also noticed the screen to be less sensitive than my 4S. Something that surprises me because with the in-cell technology I was under the impression that was going to make it more sensitive, not less.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
So this may be to my not knowing since i'm a new iphone user but when i turn on my wi-fi and connect here at the house its stays on for a little while but after the phone has been asleep for a bit and i turn it back on it has turned the wi-fi off and is back on LTE. Is there a switch or something i have to do to keep the wi-fi on when i'm at home??

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So this may be to my not knowing since i'm a new iphone user but when i turn on my wi-fi and connect here at the house its stays on for a little while but after the phone has been asleep for a bit and i turn it back on it has turned the wi-fi off and is back on LTE. Is there a switch or something i have to do to keep the wi-fi on when i'm at home??

That's how iOS works. I personally hate it but unless you jailbreak, there's nothing you can do. If you do jailbreak (hopefully we can soon), there's a utility called Insomnia (I think that's what it's called) that will allow you to have persistent wifi.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
That's how iOS works. I personally hate it but unless you jailbreak, there's nothing you can do. If you do jailbreak (hopefully we can soon), there's a utility called Insomnia (I think that's what it's called) that will allow you to have persistent wifi.

So even with LTE and cellular data turned off my wifi will turn off if i'm not using it??

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So even with LTE and cellular data turned off my wifi will turn off if i'm not using it??

Interesting question...but my guess would be yes. The theory is that turning off wifi while the screen is off saves battery...doesn't matter what your fallback connection (or lack thereof) is.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I forgot I do have one very minor issue, I don't get a sound when I get a Facebook notification even though its set to play a sound.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

mmgray79

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
2 minor issues here - I have the rattle too, but it's not a loose button. Not too worried as it doesn't seem to affect the phone.

More importantly is an SMS issue where messages from my wife are displayed on my phone as if I typed them there. Both phones are registered to the same iTunes account as separate devices, and when I send her a message it's fine, but if she replies is appears on my phone as if I typed it. Pic attached.

lindsey202004

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I am new to the iphone as well and my wifi seemed to keep shutting off like when I would leave the house and then come back and just while in the living room, but my "ask to join" wasn't turned to on. I turned it on and it reconnects automatically when I come back home and is working fine. My problem was just me not being familiar with an iphone. Maybe this can help you too.

Reactions: ALborntoride

lindsey202004

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the iphone and my only small issue is that I have a small speck of dirt or lint or something that is under the screen. It is very small though and I can't hardly see it when the screen is on. The OCD in me wants to take it back and exchange it because it is only a day old and I know it's there, but in all reality it isn't even very bad and I may get a bigger problem with another phone.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the iphone and my only small issue is that I have a small speck of dirt or lint or something that is under the screen. It is very small though and I can't hardly see it when the screen is on. The OCD in me wants to take it back and exchange it because it is only a day old and I know it's there, but in all reality it isn't even very bad and I may get a bigger problem with another phone.

if that will annoy you take that bad boy back and have it exchanged its brand new and should not be flawed to a point where you will notice it all the time.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get one that came chipped or scratched out of the box? Still waiting on a call from Radio Shack to tell me their shipment has come in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW