Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any major issues with my 5 but recently it has been a bit laggy. Today it froze when I pulled down the notification center to Tweet & once in a while the keyboard isn't responsive right away. Anyone else experiencing lag? Btw no problems what so ever with the maps or camera!

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Angle the camera down an inch. Given that setting, any phone camera would have flare.

I don't mind a bit of flare in the photo (as that's the aim sometimes). It's the purple I'm worried about. Never had it on any of my previous phones (and I've owned every iPhone since the start)..

Chibby007

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Issue with the home button it's too close to the touch screen. The issue is in mail, when I go to press the home button it touches the lower edge of the screen and archives my messages. All developers and apple will need to move any soft buttons from this area.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Issue with the home button it's too close to the touch screen. The issue is in mail, when I go to press the home button it touches the lower edge of the screen and archives my messages. All developers and apple will need to move any soft buttons from this area.

That one sounds like user error. Never had that problem personally.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Siri problem here. I ask it what movies are playing and it responds back with "I don't see any showtimes for today, but here's 'Back From Hell'". The first while it worked fine as I live close to a few movie theatres. Now it's useless to me, though.

tksuther

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with wi-fi networks not being noticed. I had to enter them manually.

Try this: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

After the phone restarted (automatically) all worked fine!

Maybe this will help your speed issue. Good luck!

Like others, Wi-fi is an issue. With iP5, my wifi is brutally slow. On the same network and location, an old iPod touch is much faster on wifi. We are also seeing wifi impacts on an iPhone 4 that we upgraded to iOS6. I am guessing this is an iOS6 issue. iPad1 with iOS5 is also fine on wifi.

Lots of posts across the "interwebs" with similar issues.

---------- Post Merged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I tried this type of shot with my iPhone 5 and got purple fringing. I tried the same shot with my 4s and got the same result. It's the nature of the lens - most lenses for that matter whether on a phone or camera. Honestly I never tried shooting toward the sun until I saw the posts about this regarding the iPhone 5, so I tried it. Before that I never did because shooting toward (into) the sun is a basic no-no.

Took first photo with my iPhone 5 today & guess what.. Horrible purple flare!! :(

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/13/y8ama3um.jpg

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
- Keyboard Flicker/Scan Lines
- Extreme Lag and Random reboots (runs out of memory -- memory leak in Mail app)
- Wireless performance is not as stable as 4s.
- All videos play very low quality audio (youtube, vevo etc)
- where is my jb :S

Most of the issues i think will go away with iOS software revision.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
- Keyboard Flicker/Scan Lines
- Extreme Lag and Random reboots (runs out of memory -- memory leak in Mail app)
- Wireless performance is not as stable as 4s.
- All videos play very low quality audio (youtube, vevo etc)
- where is my jb :S

Most of the issues i think will go away with iOS software revision.

Sounds like you have a bad unit. I'd exchange.

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine has software issue free remember always restore as new if you want to factory restore it.my only issue is the little scuff on the frame but barely noticeable.

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My replacement is due to arrive from Apple tomorrow. Hopefully no chips/scratches/dead pixels. If not, gonna have to go for a white one (which is not ideal)..

AndrewRThomas

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed typing is harder than my previous model (3GS - I've waited a while to upgrade!). More mistakes and less reliable auto correct. Also several times I've had the weird flickering coloured lines. Very disconcerting. And there is no sound for incoming messages - all rather irritating. Oh, and the odd rattle from inside if I lightly tap the back. I think Apple are losing their touch. Never had anything like these issues on my previous iPhones or my iPad.

AndrewRThomas

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I've found Siri completely useless. I asked it for directions to Maldon (a town I was 2 miles from) and it gave me directions to Lithuania. That could be a maps problem of course. I used to use GoogleMaps every other day, at least. I never use AppleMaps. It's just horrible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen