As another two marks have magically appeared today, I've just moaned loudly to Apple online & they've agreed to send me a brand new replacement.

If I have the same issues with that one, I'll reluctantly have to swap for the white model. My OCD will do my head in otherwise!
    10-10-2012 11:20 AM
    When I scroll when something is using a white background, I notice a faint smudge in the top half (centre) of screen. Do you think this is caused by glue that hasn't set properly behind the screen or a fault?
    10-10-2012 01:44 PM
    10-10-2012 01:51 PM
    So I've been relatively lucky with my 5, as I haven't had the chipping or scuffing issues some have had. I did notice today that I have two odd silver dots under my screen all the way at the top right of the phone. I thought it could be dust at first, but they are in a perfect line and are reflective. Considering that I haven't had any other issues, I'm debating whether I should take it back to apple and have them exchange it for a new one. I'm not even sure if they would since its so small, but its clearly a (small) defect. What do you all think?
    10-10-2012 05:12 PM
    No jailbreak, fix please!

Joking asside, I've been quite fortunate to not have any major issue. Have some battery-draining issues but I'm not to judge that completly yet before I can restore and put phone as new until I'm definitite sure. Know that battery-life can suffer if you choose to restore from previous backup, and I want to have my messages from my 4s so have no choice but to restore from backup until I can jailbreak.
    10-10-2012 05:20 PM
    As well as the scuffs, I've noticed a white dead pixel. Not completely dead but a different brightness & is quite noticeable.

Glad Apple are replacing it soon!
    10-12-2012 02:24 PM
    New Verizon IPhone 5 user here and have had several of the issues others have had. Had the time change issue last weekend, power cycled and it came back as it should. I have seen the keypad flicker (static) issue a couple of times. The keyboard is definitely not very sensitive, takes me several times to push buttons sometimes.

The last issue I have had that I haven't seen mentioned is my ringtones, message tones, and email alerts are randomly very quiet. I check to make sure the alert volume is turned up as well as my ringer volume but it's still quiet. I did another power cycle and it seemed to work properly.

I have an appt with the Genius Bar tomorrow to see what can be done.
    10-12-2012 11:44 PM
    Auto brightness doesn't really work. The screen stays at the same brightness.
    Go to the brightness settings, turn auto off, set the brightness as low as it will go, turn auto back on, and then aim the sensor (by the earpiece) at a bright light. you should see it slide up. fixed mine
    10-13-2012 08:54 AM
    Took first photo with my iPhone 5 today & guess what.. Horrible purple flare!!

10-13-2012 09:51 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/13/y8ama3um.jpg
    Angle the camera down an inch. Given that setting, any phone camera would have flare.
    10-13-2012 02:27 PM
    Genius Bar was able to duplicate some of my weird issues and gave me a new phone. Yay!
    10-13-2012 09:12 PM
    I haven't had any major issues with my 5 but recently it has been a bit laggy. Today it froze when I pulled down the notification center to Tweet & once in a while the keyboard isn't responsive right away. Anyone else experiencing lag? Btw no problems what so ever with the maps or camera!
    10-14-2012 12:13 AM
    Angle the camera down an inch. Given that setting, any phone camera would have flare.
    I don't mind a bit of flare in the photo (as that's the aim sometimes). It's the purple I'm worried about. Never had it on any of my previous phones (and I've owned every iPhone since the start)..
    10-14-2012 07:42 PM
    Issue with the home button it's too close to the touch screen. The issue is in mail, when I go to press the home button it touches the lower edge of the screen and archives my messages. All developers and apple will need to move any soft buttons from this area.
    10-14-2012 11:37 PM
    Issue with the home button it's too close to the touch screen. The issue is in mail, when I go to press the home button it touches the lower edge of the screen and archives my messages. All developers and apple will need to move any soft buttons from this area.
    That one sounds like user error. Never had that problem personally.
    robertk328 likes this.
    10-15-2012 12:27 AM
    Siri problem here. I ask it what movies are playing and it responds back with "I don't see any showtimes for today, but here's 'Back From Hell'". The first while it worked fine as I live close to a few movie theatres. Now it's useless to me, though.
    10-15-2012 12:48 AM
    That one sounds like user error. Never had that problem personally.
    Never had the problem with the iPhone 4, must be the way I'm holding it. Or I've just got fat thumbs.
    10-15-2012 12:55 AM
    I had an issue with wi-fi networks not being noticed. I had to enter them manually.

Try this: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

After the phone restarted (automatically) all worked fine!

Maybe this will help your speed issue. Good luck!

Like others, Wi-fi is an issue. With iP5, my wifi is brutally slow. On the same network and location, an old iPod touch is much faster on wifi. We are also seeing wifi impacts on an iPhone 4 that we upgraded to iOS6. I am guessing this is an iOS6 issue. iPad1 with iOS5 is also fine on wifi.

Lots of posts across the "interwebs" with similar issues.
    ---------- Post Merged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I tried this type of shot with my iPhone 5 and got purple fringing. I tried the same shot with my 4s and got the same result. It's the nature of the lens - most lenses for that matter whether on a phone or camera. Honestly I never tried shooting toward the sun until I saw the posts about this regarding the iPhone 5, so I tried it. Before that I never did because shooting toward (into) the sun is a basic no-no.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/13/y8ama3um.jpg
    10-15-2012 12:01 PM
    - Keyboard Flicker/Scan Lines
    - Extreme Lag and Random reboots (runs out of memory -- memory leak in Mail app)
    - Wireless performance is not as stable as 4s.
    - All videos play very low quality audio (youtube, vevo etc)
    - where is my jb :S

Most of the issues i think will go away with iOS software revision.
    10-16-2012 01:39 AM
    - Keyboard Flicker/Scan Lines
    - Extreme Lag and Random reboots (runs out of memory -- memory leak in Mail app)
    - Wireless performance is not as stable as 4s.
    - All videos play very low quality audio (youtube, vevo etc)
    - where is my jb :S

Most of the issues i think will go away with iOS software revision.
    Sounds like you have a bad unit. I'd exchange.
    10-16-2012 11:50 PM
    Sounds like you have a bad unit. I'd exchange.
    most people have some/all of these issues.. its not a bad unit.
    10-17-2012 12:31 AM
    most people have some/all of these issues.. its not a bad unit.
    I have not heard of half of the issues you have. It's a bum unit.
    10-17-2012 02:55 AM
    I have not heard of half of the issues you have. It's a bum unit.
    which issues have you not heard of?! They are all posted... the mail app and memory leak is known to apple.
    10-17-2012 09:27 AM
    which issues have you not heard of?! They are all posted... the mail app and memory leak is known to apple.
    The only ones that have any posts are the keyboard flicker an wireless performance. The rest I have not seen anyone complain about.
    10-17-2012 11:56 AM
    Doesn't mean most have them. I don't. Just the flicker at random times.
    10-17-2012 12:58 PM
249 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD