iPhone 5 screen a clicking sound when pressed?!?!

brendssays

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got my iphone 5, 32gb black today and when I was going to put the phone on silent, i pressed on the corner of the screen (left top corner) it was like the screen made a clicking sound, seems like the screen was even a BUTTON. It did nothing, but I think the screen is a bit loose. (hold the iphone in your hands and press the back of the iphone and the front in that top left hand corner and tell me if you hear it click or being pushed down)

Anything like this happening to other people?!

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got my iphone 5, 32gb black today and when I was going to put the phone on silent, i pressed on the corner of the screen (left top corner) it was like the screen made a clicking sound, seems like the screen was even a BUTTON. It did nothing, but I think the screen is a bit loose. (hold the iphone in your hands and press the back of the iphone and the front in that top left hand corner and tell me if you hear it click or being pushed down)

Anything like this happening to other people?!

Off to Apple store you go :D

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My coworker was describing an issue like this to me too but I didn't get to see it in person. I also suggested that he make an appointment at the apple store.

Truth3000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I think that someone has slipped you a blackberry storm! LOL! I'm kidding. That really sucks though. I checked my screen and I couldn't find that issue anywhere on my own. I hope that you are able to get it replaced soon.

brexx23

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
same issue

I just got my white 32g and it does the same thing... the only thing i can think of is that a year ago they were saying there was display issues during the lamination process and maybe this is the result even though they were supposed to fix it.

I HAVE A GENIUS BAR APPOINTEMENT ALSO ? WHAT DID THEY DO AT YOURS?( please tell me they replaced your phone)

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same in the bottom left corner. It was noticeable the first day but when I try it now it happens just a tiny bit. So I'm guessing its gonna get better over time?

brendssays

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: same issue

I just got my white 32g and it does the same thing... the only thing i can think of is that a year ago they were saying there was display issues during the lamination process and maybe this is the result even though they were supposed to fix it.

I HAVE A GENIUS BAR APPOINTEMENT ALSO ? WHAT DID THEY DO AT YOURS?( please tell me they replaced your phone)

Haven't been able to make it to the Apple store, however, now that I'm pressing down on it, it doesn't seem to do it anymore..guess it just needed some extra push down...if it continues to happen to comes up again, i'll be sure to go the the Apple store. Kind of hesitant considering they're still packed, and probably don't even have replacements available.

ColeBeans

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 32gb black iphone 5 in the mail yesterday, I noticed when putting the screen cover on that the top right corner was clicking/creaking when I pressed it. All the other corners are fine and you can definitely tell when you look at it from the side that the screen moves up and down when you press it.

mitch93

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine does aswell, I got the phone 9 days ago and it wasn't doing it but it has only just started, in the top left hand corner as well, mines a black 64gb

brendssays

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: same issue

Finally went to the apple store yesterday, told him what was going on, he pressed it a couple of times, and then he replaced me w a new phone, doesn't click anymore!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods