Help with wifi

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I need some help. I got my 5 today. When I came home I started backing up my 4s to the cloud. While this was going I turned on the 5 and put in my wifi password. I then decided to wait until the backup was done before I went any further with my 5. This must have been a bad idea as neither my iPad or my 4s will connect to wifi now, no matter what I do. Anyone able to tell me what this screwed up and how to fix it?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Power cycle your router

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Security settings on router ? Maybe router set to wireless b or g only ? Or router went bad ? Just throwing ideas

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue earlier. Click on the side arrow with the in the blue circle besides your wifi network's name and scroll down to HTTP Proxy and select Auto. If that doesn't work alone restart your phone as well. Not sure if this will work for you but it seemed to do something for me earlier.

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not I tried that too. Daughters iPod won't connect either. I am going to hope at this point it's a horrible coincidence and it's a routed issue. My son is almost done with his cnet degree so I have sent him an email to work on it when he gets home to see if he can fix.

Oh he just got home early from work cross your fingers!!

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Omg. We have two wireless routers in our house, one in the basement and one in my sons room upstairs. Turns out his connection somehow came loose after he left for work. What crazy timing?! That is why my backup quit when I came upstairs. Crossing my fingers the backup will now complete so I can get my new phone up and running tomorrow night!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods