Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
You got it !!

now when you activate the iphone 5 on the unlimited line and still have a dummy phone on the line that was upgraded to the iphone 5 to get the discount, does it go back to no data after choosing 2 gb at $30 since it is a dummy phone? Do I have to ask for that?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
now when you activate the iphone 5 on the unlimited line and still have a dummy phone on the line that was upgraded to the iphone 5 to get the discount, does it go back to no data after choosing 2 gb at $30 since it is a dummy phone? Do I have to ask for that?

My rep said "And I assume you want the data taken right off correct?"

Most generally know exactly what you are doing and help you through it easily.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes normally it will drop off but I would always confirm

d1c1ple

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
paid retail for 64GB White on VZW - kept unlimited data - my line was due for upgrade in November - will pass that along to my wife who does not have a smartphone yet; expensive for sure; but needs to last me a few years

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
paid retail for 64GB White on VZW - kept unlimited data - my line was due for upgrade in November - will pass that along to my wife who does not have a smartphone yet; expensive for sure; but needs to last me a few years

Be warned....if your transfer the upgrade OFF your line and give it to your wife, your line will lose unlimited data. I tried doing this and now my line has a upgrade available and will not be used.

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
so if I transferred the upgrade to myself, I will lose the unlimited? the email saying the phone shipped gives my phone number under the order summary...uh oh

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure about your example but here is mine. My line has an upgrade available. I was going to give my upgrade to my mom but Verizon said if I transfer my upgrade to her line, MY contract will re-new and I will lose MY unlimited data....I cancelled that idea. Now my line has an upgrade on it but will not be used.

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a scenario becuase it looks like everyone here had multiple lines or paid full retail. (IDK, I could be wrong) I have a 4s with only one line on my account with unlimitted everything. Can I add a line and get the 5 without losing unlimited?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a scenario becuase it looks like everyone here had multiple lines or paid full retail. (IDK, I could be wrong) I have a 4s with only one line on my account with unlimitted everything. Can I add a line and get the 5 without losing unlimited?

If you add a line you will have to do a family plan and I think that will be a share everything so then you would lose your data .. Or they will make you give that line it's own plan completely and that would be a new plan that would be 90 a month even if you do that swap phone and put a dummy on new line on own plan it would still be 50 a month extra but you then would keep unlimited on other line

akim0129

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
You dont deserve to keep the unlimited data if you haven't figured it out by now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:00 PM ----------

So either you are very ignorant or unable to come up with an educated guess? Theres people with pictures showing that they kept unlimited. Maybe that would help you more. What more do you need when someone is saying straight up that they kept unlimited doing so and so.
What is wrong with people these days lol...

You don't deserve to keep the unlimited plan if you haven't figured it out by now...

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Just paid full price. After selling my previous phone (craptastic s3) the 5 will cost me about the same as what I would have paid on contract.

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to update my answer after receiving the phone. I have been able to keep the unlimited after using my boyfriends dumb phone line upgrade since he didn't care to use it. I'm so glad now I won't have to monitor it constantly

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am loving having my unlimited data on LTE. I was at 3gb before launch day. I'm now close to 8 and have a few days of my cycle left. :D