Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to research a little more to do exactly that... no luck so far.

Every year I get the new phone so I'm gonna have to figure something out lol someone else's data may have to be sacrificed for the greater good ... Me lol

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, the 4s wasn't that much an upgrade for me to warrant diving into it, so hopefully the 5s (lol) is following that pattern... I'd hate to have to open another line, just to support a phone ever year hehe.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, the 4s wasn't that much an upgrade for me to warrant diving into it, so hopefully the 5s (lol) is following that pattern... I'd hate to have to open another line, just to support a phone ever year hehe.

I do it mostly cuz I want the newest lol and most time the wife get my old one so win win I guess .. She complete opposite I tease her and call her anti technology lol ..

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Having the two lines, is actually not a bad idea. It'll keep me updated per year, and my twins will be "spoiled" with each of them having a phone instead of "sharing" lol. This is turning out to be doable. :)

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I managed to keep unlimited data thankfully. And without paying full retail too. All I had to do was upgrade using one of the "dumb phone" upgrades on my line. I did have to upgrade it on that line and then immediately deactivate it and let it sit for 24 hours to let the SIM card reset in order to program it on my line but the minor inconvenience was well worth it. Its good to have a couple of dumb phones on your line if you can for this reason. Hello unlimited Verizon LTE!!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I managed to keep unlimited data thankfully. And without paying full retail too. All I had to do was upgrade using one of the "dumb phone" upgrades on my line. I did have to upgrade it on that line and then immediately deactivate it and let it sit for 24 hours to let the SIM card reset in order to program it on my line but the minor inconvenience was well worth it. Its good to have a couple of dumb phones on your line if you can for this reason. Hello unlimited Verizon LTE!!!

You can avoid the 24 hour also if Verizon never programs the sims serial on the original line during the activation once its linked to the line then the 24 hour wait kicks in ... But they can change it before that happens I did the same thing upgraded on a different line got phone then called and swapped no wait they key is not turning on the phone so the sim doesn't register with your account and have version swap it before you turn it on ... End result is the same so it's all good

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You can avoid the 24 hour also if Verizon never programs the sims serial on the original line during the activation once its linked to the line then the 24 hour wait kicks in ... But they can change it before that happens I did the same thing upgraded on a different line got phone then called and swapped no wait they key is not turning on the phone so the sim doesn't register with your account and have version swap it before you turn it on ... End result is the same so it's all good

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
Just to go into further detail, make sure you TELL them not do enter the sim serial on the original line lol. Telling them exactly what you're doing with the lines, phones, etc., doesn't mean they even know not to do the sim serial, or just wanna cause issues.... it's a learning experience for me, and one that has been helped tremendously from Peligro and other members. The more you can tell them what to do with your lines, account, phones, etc., the better off you're going to be in the end.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just to go into further detail, make sure you TELL them not do enter the sim serial on the original line lol. Telling them exactly what you're doing with the lines, phones, etc., doesn't mean they even know not to do the sim serial, or just wanna cause issues.... it's a learning experience for me, and one that has been helped tremendously from Peligro and other members. The more you can tell them what to do with your lines, account, phones, etc., the better off you're going to be in the end.

Here's a secret lol my wife was a csr for Verizon and my friend still is one .. It don't help me get stuff others can't but it does help when some other csr is blowing smoke lol

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I was all set - going to use Mom's dumbphone upgrade on my new IP5 and then pay full retail for wife's but after looking at the past year in data use, we've never gone over 2 GB total between us. Our current plan (1400 family, unlmtd data) also is $32/month more than the tiered set up would be for 4 GB. So it's a no-brainer in my case just going to move to the tiers, take the upgrade, save enough to pay for both phones after 13 months and then sell our existing IP4's for a few hundred bucks of profit. Guess I should watch a few hours of MLB.com over cellular just to abuse the unlimited plan before I give it up huh? :cool:

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was all set - going to use Mom's dumbphone upgrade on my new IP5 and then pay full retail for wife's but after looking at the past year in data use, we've never gone over 2 GB total between us. Our current plan (1400 family, unlmtd data) also is $32/month more than the tiered set up would be for 4 GB. So it's a no-brainer in my case just going to move to the tiers, take the upgrade, save enough to pay for both phones after 13 months and then sell our existing IP4's for a few hundred bucks of profit. Guess I should watch a few hours of MLB.com over cellular just to abuse the unlimited plan before I give it up huh? :cool:

Have you had a lte device before? Reason I ask is my uncle did the same thing but now having a lte device his usage has gone up significantly. Just a FYI.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you had a lte device before? Reason I ask is my uncle did the same thing but now having a lte device his usage has gone up significantly. Just a FYI.

Ya I used maybe 500 mb max a month on 3G with a lot of wifi I have used 200 mb in last 3 days with basically same amount of time on wifi

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell u one thing and I don't even have the ip5 on me yet. The 4g LTE is going to be enough to use it without wi fi, therefore using more data than 3G. From what I hear the speeds are about the same as wi fi or faster! The only reason I didn't use much data was because the 3G speeds are here. If LTE speeds are what they claim to be, I'm sure i will be going over 5 gb a month. Therefore, needing my unlimited like a baby needs his moms knockers. ;)

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to the included nano sim after experiencing issues with my cut down micro sim. The switch went over smoothly. I was kind of shocked when verizon tech support told me the sim can be activated to my number after it was deactivated the first time around.

Anyways, unlimited 4G LTE on my Verizon iPhone 5!!!!

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I upgraded on a line with unlimited data and an upgrade. When I got the phone I called csr to activate on my line ( the one without An upgrade). She did. Now I look at my line and it is unlimited as expected. I look at the line I used the upgrade from And it still shows unlimited. So, what happened? Not like I am complaining of course.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I upgraded on a line with unlimited data and an upgrade. When I got the phone I called csr to activate on my line ( the one without An upgrade). She did. Now I look at my line and it is unlimited as expected. I look at the line I used the upgrade from And it still shows unlimited. So, what happened? Not like I am complaining of course.
You you upgraded did it ask you to select new plan ?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
When I spoke with the rep she asked me what I wanted and I said the 2 gb on the line I used the upgrade from. So far both have stayed unlimited. This was activated last Friday.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When I spoke with the rep she asked me what I wanted and I said the 2 gb on the line I used the upgrade from. So far both have stayed unlimited. This was activated last Friday.

Well, then.. you'll see that line as a 2GB line, and it won't be unlimited; unless there was a snafu and you got lucky enough to get out of it, for now.

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hell yes I kept it. I'll have my unlimited plan till they screw us and take it away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro