Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have to start figuring out how to keep my unlimited on iPhone 6 now without paying full retail .. When there is a will there is a way haha

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Me! Still rocking my unlimited
Plan baby! Actually I was about to get throttled when I upgraded to the 5 but I got reset with the contract renewal! Woot! And now I can go up to 5gb before throttling kicks in.
Missing pdanet...dying for that untethered jailbreak so i can experience tethering lte to my mba!

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to flip a lid on those Verizon people come on they know people are going to swap lines they should have sim cards in stock

Tell me about it. They sell the phone they should have accessories. I can't even get a spare lightning cable Verizon has none and its a 3 week wait on apples website....INSANE lol

smartgroup

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
So I read as much as I could I think. This is my understanding. I can upgrade an eligible dumbphone in a family plan for an IP5 with one of the tiered data plan. After receiving the IP5, do not turn it on and call Verizon to activate it on another not-upgrade-eligible unlimited smartphone line. Pls confirm if this is correct? Thx so much in advance

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I read as much as I could I think. This is my understanding. I can upgrade an eligible dumbphone in a family plan for an IP5 with one of the tiered data plan. After receiving the IP5, do not turn it on and call Verizon to activate it on another not-upgrade-eligible unlimited smartphone line. Pls confirm if this is correct? Thx so much in advance

You got it !!

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt cable issue is irritating. I use it in my car and taking the cable from my house to car everyday is going to get old real quick.

I'll be keeping my unlimited as well. I'm hopefully going to finally be getting it tomorrow hopefully. I've spent three hours over two days sp far dealing with an incompetent third party store. Hopefully tomorrow will be the end of it.(let's put it this way, they don't believe you can replace the sim in a VZW iPhone)

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Tell me about it. They sell the phone they should have accessories. I can't even get a spare lightning cable Verizon has none and its a 3 week wait on apples website....INSANE lol

The apple stores have them in stock and I have seen some on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smartgroup

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Thx Peligro911. That was extremely quick reply.

Here is another scenario. What do I do to keep unlimited data if the only upgrade-eligible smartphone is already unlimited in a family plan? Do I transfer this eligible upgrade to another dumbphone lines (I can do this right?) and follow the steps on the previous post to get the new IP5? Thx in advance

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Here is another scenario. What do I do to keep unlimited data if the only upgrade-eligible smartphone is already unlimited in a family plan? Do I transfer this eligible upgrade to another dumbphone lines (I can do this right?) and follow the steps on the previous post to get the new IP5? Thx in advance

That is interesting lol I'm not sure but from what I understand the line that you renew the contact would lose the upgrade and since you would renew contact on the unlimited line I think you would lose it but that's just my opinion

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If you cancel the new line then you will still get charged an etf. That's the way it is with AT&T anyways. AT&T let me keep my unlimited plan. Also didn't get the full upgrade though. But still have heard that people with AT&T using full upgrades have been allowed to keep it. AT&T told me when I got my iPhone 4 that when I upgraded again I would have to forfeit it. I bought the 4s and galaxy' s2 and now the iPhone 5 since then and still have unlimited data. Glad AT&T isn't totally screwing us over yet.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you cancel the new line then you will still get charged an etf. That's the way it is with AT&T anyways. AT&T let me keep my unlimited plan. Also didn't get the full upgrade though. But still have heard that people with AT&T using full upgrades have been allowed to keep it. AT&T told me when I got my iPhone 4 that when I upgraded again I would have to forfeit it. I bought the 4s and galaxy' s2 and now the iPhone 5 since then and still have unlimited data. Glad AT&T isn't totally screwing us over yet.

While true the cost of the phone and the etf is cheaper then buying outright.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
While true the cost of the phone and the etf is cheaper then buying outright.

The cost of the subsidized phone + two years of that new line are cheaper than sub'd phone + etf.

.... also

I'm w/o a sim card usage, so the iPhone 5 64GB I bought still hasn't been turned on. 14hrs it's been here, but hasn't even been turned on yet. :( Hopefully the store nearest me, 35 freakin miles, has at least ONE card there when I get there in an hour and a half.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

You got it !!

I forgot to Ask one thing. Even though I upgraded on another line, I still have an upgrade on my line that wasn't used. Do i transfer the upgrade or leave it? If i activate the phone in my line which has an upgrade I'm thinking I would lose unlimited.....

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, if you upgrade a line that is on the unlimited plan, you'll lose the unlimited on the entire plan, or doing a 2GB data on that one line, that one line loses the unlimited.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

You will lose unlimited on the line that you upgrade on. Best route would be for you to get the 2gb for $30 on that line. That's what I'm doing. Giving the 2gb to my wife since she never goes over 1gb anyways. And I use over 6gb.
Hope that clears up your question

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The cost of the subsidized phone + two years of that new line are cheaper than sub'd phone + etf.

.... also

I'm w/o a sim card usage, so the iPhone 5 64GB I bought still hasn't been turned on. 14hrs it's been here, but hasn't even been turned on yet. :( Hopefully the store nearest me, 35 freakin miles, has at least ONE card there when I get there in an hour and a half.

Verizon associated the sim number with your new line you added they prob typed it in the store but look at bright side you will have a iPhone 5 on unlimited LTE :)