Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just tried activating it after 12 too and I got nothing. I called Verizon and verizon said they don't clear out sim cards and once a sim card is/has been associated with a number you cant reuse that sim and you need a new one. She recommended I go to Apple and get a new sim card. I can't wait 'till Wednesday, thats so far away.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just tried activating it after 12 too and I got nothing. I called Verizon and verizon said they don't clear out sim cards and once a sim card is/has been associated with a number you cant reuse that sim and you need a new one. She recommended I go to Apple and get a new sim card. I can't wait 'till Wednesday, thats so far away.

I was told the opposite earlier. They DO clear out the sim cards after 12, AND she is shipping me a new one "just in case" AND if you got to Apple they will charge your for a SIM. I don't see Apple charging you for something like this, but they may simply not have SIMs.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was told the opposite earlier. They DO clear out the sim cards after 12, AND she is shipping me a new one "just in case" AND if you got to Apple they will charge your for a SIM. I don't see Apple charging you for something like this, but they may simply not have SIMs.
I went to the Verizon store and they told me they clear it out at 12 and I told the lady on the phone that someone from the store said they do that, so I'm just guessing she's just one of those people that don't know much. She tried ordering a sim for me too but she wasn't able to so I told her to forget it and I'll order it myself since I was able to. So now I have a sim coming on Wednesday. Yea you're right I'm pretty sure they will charge for it. What do you think I should do now?

Joshua Shorter

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store and they told me they clear it out at 12 and I told the lady on the phone that someone from the store said they do that, so I'm just guessing she's just one of those people that don't know much. She tried ordering a sim for me too but she wasn't able to so I told her to forget it and I'll order it myself since I was able to. So now I have a sim coming on Wednesday. Yea you're right I'm pretty sure they will charge for it. What do you think I should do now?

There's no harm in trying. I just checked my receipt. The new sim is free. If you don't need it, no harm no foul. If you do need it, it's a good thing they ordered it now to get it here ASAP.

I'm going to bed now. I'll be interested to see if things work out tonight like some hope.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Question, I assume the number you upgraded from if, a dummy phone, added 2gb of data. Did you cancel that data after you activated on your line or what?

Yes when u go back to a dummy phone you can lose the data plan .. In my case the upgrade I used was not on unlimited but already on 2 for 30 .. So it can't take unlimited from something it didn't have to start with lol

Reactions: Jdeezy85

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Same as me:

No idea.

I have a new SIM coming Wednesday as well, but that is a LONG wait. I may hit the Verizon store today or call Apple to see their deal with SIMS. I may try "after 24 hours.", who knows? :(

Such a disappointment from the iPhone 4 launch.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Basically on other 4g phones you would need a new sim but they are saying stuff has changed so we will see it seems legit cuz so many people have been told this

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Same as me:

No idea.

I have a new SIM coming Wednesday as well, but that is a LONG wait. I may hit the Verizon store today or call Apple to see their deal with SIMS. I may try "after 24 hours.", who knows? :(

Such a disappointment from the iPhone 4 launch.
I'm going to do the same because thats all I can think of right now. It really is a disappointment. I've never seen this many people have so many problems with their iPhones on launch day before.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not Apple's fault. Verizon trying to jip people out of unlimited data/ into "Share Everything" crap.
Oh yea definitely. We wouldn't have to be going through all of this right now if Verizon had just let people with unlimited data plans upgrade worry free. I was talking about in general with all of the problems people have been having today like what we're going through and all of the people who have scratches and dings on their iPhones out the box.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think another killer is SIM cards. I have HATED those devil's rejects from since I was on CINGULAR (before AT&T). Always breaking, getting lost, needing switched. Never liked them. Loved Verizon for not having them. Hate having to use them again. :(

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Bro, either you cant read or you just want to be spoon fed. I came here and actually used the search button and eventually made this thread because I wanted to make sure that was the exact way to keep unlimited. Theres SEVERAL threads pertaining to this and the answer is in this thread. Again, READ.
Yeah, this thread is hardly the be all know all considering the replies that are here. You have some people that say they've upgraded, and switched the phone to the line they want it on. You have some that say they had to use a dumb phone line as the upgrade, then switched. They aren't the same things. Don't give such a sarcastic reply. I've read the entire freakin' thread, and continuously, there are different answers to get the best type of result. Please. Either answer the questions, point someone to the post that pertains to them, or don't reply to someone at all. Your not helping anything by telling people to read the thread, the answer is there, when there are several different types of answers that necessarily aren't fitting the same situation as other people. If you know the answer, then give it. Don't spout the "read the thread" bs to others that are here for help and information.

Not sure of your plan but can u add a line ? Then put the 5 on your line and but a dummy phone on the new line ? That would keep your unlimited on your line

I can definitely add a line. I'm guessing I'd add the line with the iPhone 5, 2GB data. The options it gives me are a single plan, or a share plan (lists the current plan) added to the share plan I have now. If I add it to the share plan, and choose the 2GB, will it be something I can transfer the phone over, and just put a dumb phone there for the term. Reading it, it seems like I won't be able to do that, but I'm not sure. Other than that, there's the Individual Plan. If I do it that way, i seems more plausible to be able to move the iPhone over, and keep a dump phone there, and cancel the 2GB portion.

Which sounds more accurate?

CD1X

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I had 6 lines...so I canceled one I wasnt using....240 ETF.....brought the iPhone 5 on a new line...for 300...and moved it back to primary line. Unlimited Check! :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this thread is hardly the be all know all considering the replies that are here. You have some people that say they've upgraded, and switched the phone to the line they want it on. You have some that say they had to use a dumb phone line as the upgrade, then switched. They aren't the same things. Don't give such a sarcastic reply. I've read the entire freakin' thread, and continuously, there are different answers to get the best type of result. Please. Either answer the questions, point someone to the post that pertains to them, or don't reply to someone at all. Your not helping anything by telling people to read the thread, the answer is there, when there are several different types of answers that necessarily aren't fitting the same situation as other people. If you know the answer, then give it. Don't spout the "read the thread" bs to others that are here for help and information.

I can definitely add a line. I'm guessing I'd add the line with the iPhone 5, 2GB data. The options it gives me are a single plan, or a share plan (lists the current plan) added to the share plan I have now. If I add it to the share plan, and choose the 2GB, will it be something I can transfer the phone over, and just put a dumb phone there for the term. Reading it, it seems like I won't be able to do that, but I'm not sure. Other than that, there's the Individual Plan. If I do it that way, i seems more plausible to be able to move the iPhone over, and keep a dump phone there, and cancel the 2GB portion.

Which sounds more accurate?

I assume ur on a single plan now so adding a line on its own plan would cost top much .. You need a share plan but if its jut giving you the option for a share everything plan that won't help cuz share everything will remove your unlimited also ..if it gives you a option for a old share plan .. You add a line to get 5 they will add a 2for 30 data plan the swap the 5 to the other line keeping you unlimited then the new line but a dummy phone then you can cancel the 2 for 30 data plan

The additional line should cost you 10 a month

Reactions: F34R

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I assume ur on a single plan now so adding a line on its own plan would cost top much .. You need a share plan but if its jut giving you the option for a share everything plan that won't help cuz share everything will remove your unlimited also ..if it gives you a option for a old share plan .. You add a line to get 5 they will add a 2for 30 data plan the swap the 5 to the other line keeping you unlimited then the new line but a dummy phone then you can cancel the 2 for 30 data plan

The additional line should cost you 10 a month

Yeah, I have the family share plan now, with the three unlimited data smartphones. So it gives me the choice to add the 2GB for $30 onto it. So, now I need to find a dumb phone to sub onto that line after switching... ugh lol.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have the family share plan now, with the three unlimited data smartphones. So it gives me the choice to add the 2GB for $30 onto it. So, now I need to find a dumb phone to sub onto that line after switching... ugh lol.

That's the best option for you if you have no upgrades ... If you go into a store most of the reps have old phones laying around or they have dummy ESN they use for this purpose so I would just go in

Reactions: F34R

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. unfortunately, I have upgrades on two lines, but they are smartphones. I'll be going in on Monday and hoping they even have any in stock. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. unfortunately, I have upgrades on two lines, but they are smartphones. I'll be going in on Monday and hoping they even have any in stock. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

You can sacrifice another lines unlimited for your benefit lol

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You can sacrifice another lines unlimited for your benefit lol

LOL! The only problem si the possibility of death while I'm sleeping! lol. Now that my crybaby rant is over lol, tell me about it... lol.

So if I used one of the lines that is already on my share plan... what would I need to do?