Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. So call them and tell them I want the upgrade to be activated onto my line instead? What did you tell them exactly and which department do I call and speak to? Thanks bro!

I just called and said I upgraded line x I want phone on line z and I want to keep my unlimited lol

The thing is when you get the phone no matter how tempted do not turn it on or the phones sim will try to register with the line x automatically once that happens even if Verizon has to reassign SIM card you have to wait so the system can push it thru

If you don't turn it on the Verizon swaps the esn so when you turn on the phone the sim registers with line z instead and your good to go and it don't effect your unlimited

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a busineess account on Verizon with 25 lines including 4g cards, dumb phones 4 iphones, and 2 ipads (many which are eligible for upgrade). I haven't purchased the new iphone for 2 reasons, i want to see what i like better in person white or black and the unlimited data deal.

I want to make sure i have the correct proceedures as i have never had to worry about loosing the unlimted before.

1. Find line avaiable for upgrade (any line doest matter smart phone or not correct)
2. Order phone through that line
3. Phone arrives do not turn on call verizon and activate on my number.

Please let me now if I am missing anything

You got it main mistake people made was turning on the phone

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
During the preorder process I had to switch to a non unlimited plan, but now I check on my phone and it still says I have unlimited data. Is this just until the month ends, or permanent?

Would like to hear the update on your unlimited the first of next month.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can upgrade my iPhone October 4th. If I go into the store to get my upgrade for an iphone5 will I be able to keep my unlimited data from Verizon or will I have to pay full price for the phone to keep my unlimited data.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If your upgrading on the line that has unlimited you will lose it

Reactions: F34R

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If your upgrading on the line that has unlimited you will lose it

Thanks for the reply/info. Sucks. I don't guess there's a way to get this subsidized w/o losing my unlimited. Normally, I don't really need the unlimited, but if it makes my account the new share plans, I actually OWE $40 more a month!! So, paying full retail will be less than paying subsidized + 2yrs of $40/mnth increase in cost. I'll get less amount of data. Unlimited mins that I've never used NEAR over what I have, and already unlimited text. bah!! I guess full retail price it'll be. :(

Unless someone can help with some info that I can do that'll help me save some money here.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply/info. Sucks. I don't guess there's a way to get this subsidized w/o losing my unlimited. Normally, I don't really need the unlimited, but if it makes my account the new share plans, I actually OWE $40 more a month!! So, paying full retail will be less than paying subsidized + 2yrs of $40/mnth increase in cost. I'll get less amount of data. Unlimited mins that I've never used NEAR over what I have, and already unlimited text. bah!! I guess full retail price it'll be. :(

Unless someone can help with some info that I can do that'll help me save some money here.

If you read this thread you will have all the info you need to keep your unlimited.

Joshua Shorter

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Went into the store, upgraded a separate account and went to switch but I have the SIM card problem. There won't be a new SIM card for me until Wednesday. I have a brand new, 32 gb, gorgeous white iPhone 5 and I won't really be able to use it until Wednesday! 😪

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Went into the store, upgraded a separate account and went to switch but I have the SIM card problem. There won't be a new SIM card for me until Wednesday. I have a brand new, 32 gb, gorgeous white iPhone 5 and I won't really be able to use it until Wednesday! 😪

Don't think you need a new sim try activating again after 12

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If you read this thread you will have all the info you need to keep your unlimited.

I've read the entire thread. Instead of saying "read the thread" you can contribute to the members by either linking a specific post, or typing the info out. Otherwise, having to piece the info from a handful of posts in order to make the right decision, and it STILL might not all pertain to my particular situation.

If you've read the thread, you could have typed a sentence or two out to help, instead of create a rubber band wall.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've read the entire thread. Instead of saying "read the thread" you can contribute to the members by either linking a specific post, or typing the info out. Otherwise, having to piece the info from a handful of posts in order to make the right decision, and it STILL might not all pertain to my particular situation.

If you've read the thread, you could have typed a sentence or two out to help, instead of create a rubber band wall.

Not sure of your plan but can u add a line ? Then put the 5 on your line and but a dummy phone on the new line ? That would keep your unlimited on your line

Reactions: F34R

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to activate "after 12" and no good. I'm really getting sick of Verizon. iPhone 4 was so easy, this is a disaster. I will drive to their store tomorrow just to get told "we have no SIMs."

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Bro, either you cant read or you just want to be spoon fed. I came here and actually used the search button and eventually made this thread because I wanted to make sure that was the exact way to keep unlimited. Theres SEVERAL threads pertaining to this and the answer is in this thread. Again, READ.

kfreeman_23

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have fulfilled this mission of, unlimited data on Verizon, as you say. In order to do this I had to face two of man's biggest enemies: the wife and the wallet. After successfully defeating the opposition of my enemies I sacrificed $786.45 to the thrown of Apple, and thus, I was awarded the prize of.. UNLIMITED LTE ON VERIZON. :)

Sorry, I'm bored. The UPS man is still not here and I'm going out of my mind.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk
did you get a 16gig plus apple care+ or a 32gig?

Joshua Shorter

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to activate "after 12" and no good. I'm really getting sick of Verizon. iPhone 4 was so easy, this is a disaster. I will drive to their store tomorrow just to get told "we have no SIMs."

Unfortunately, I won't be in town too much tomorrow. However, I'm thinking about calling around to see if anyone has any, if an activation tomorrow morning doesn't work.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure of your plan but can u add a line ? Then put the 5 on your line and but a dummy phone on the new line ? That would keep your unlimited on your line

Question, I assume the number you upgraded from if, a dummy phone, added 2gb of data. Did you cancel that data after you activated on your line or what?