Peligro! You seem like the " Verizon unlimited data keeper expert" here so let me ask u directly, lol

I just realized my upgrade line has an upgrade, I upgraded from my mothers line for the ip5. If I activate the ip5 to my line will I lose unlimited because I have an upgrade available on my line? Do I need to transfer the upgrade back to my mothers line or jist leave it the way it is? What's the procedure? Dang ma, just when I thought I got it down.... So complicated....
    09-23-2012 05:24 PM
    Peligro! You seem like the " Verizon unlimited data keeper expert" here so let me ask u directly, lol

I just realized my upgrade line has an upgrade, I upgraded from my mothers line for the ip5. If I activate the ip5 to my line will I lose unlimited because I have an upgrade available on my line? Do I need to transfer the upgrade back to my mothers line or jist leave it the way it is? What's the procedure? Dang ma, just when I thought I got it down.... So complicated....
    Shouldn't lose anything because your line has an upgrade. My line has an upgrade, and I put the iPhone 5 on my line. Didn't lose unlimited, nor the upgrade.
    09-23-2012 05:29 PM
    I find it interesting that people have been able to order the iphone on another phones number in thier plan and then use the phone on another.

One time I was in the Verizon store and was upgrading a phone for my son. I made a comment that I liked the phone and maybe I should use that one. The person behind the desk was quick to say when you upgrade a phone it has to be used on the line that was being upgraded and not for another line.
    09-23-2012 05:32 PM
    I find it interesting that people have been able to order the iphone on another phones number in thier plan and then use the phone on another.

One time I was in the Verizon store and was upgrading a phone for my son. I made a comment that I liked the phone and maybe I should use that one. The person behind the desk was quick to say when you upgrade a phone it has to be used on the line that was being upgraded and not for another line.
    Unless you TELL them what you wanna do, they will tell you/and do what's best for the company.
    09-23-2012 05:33 PM
    Shouldn't lose anything because your line has an upgrade. My line has an upgrade, and I put the iPhone 5 on my line. Didn't lose unlimited, nor the upgrade.
    It's not putting the phone on the line that's the prob it's using that lines upgrade no matter what line you use it on you will lose unlimited because your signing a new contract
    09-23-2012 05:45 PM
    It's not putting the phone on the line that's the prob it's using that lines upgrade no matter what line you use it on you will lose unlimited because your signing a new contract
    Yeah, that's the gist of it. My line will always have that upgrade available lol.
    Chaser1337 likes this.
    09-23-2012 06:06 PM
    Yeah, that's the gist of it. My line will always have that upgrade available lol.
    Mine too lol
    09-23-2012 06:31 PM
    I see, my mother has a dumb phone tho, I guess it doesn't matter.
    09-23-2012 07:33 PM
    I see, my mother has a dumb phone tho, I guess it doesn't matter.
    I hope that's the case... it'd be nice to do this every two years instead of opening a new line every two years lol.
    09-23-2012 07:38 PM
    I hope that's the case... it'd be nice to do this every two years instead of opening a new line every two years lol.
    No need just use that new lines upgrade every year vs your own
    F34R likes this.
    09-23-2012 07:50 PM
    When it comes to keeping unlimited data... Just Think of it like this. Verizon said if you bought the iPhone full retail, you can keep your unlimited data. Meaning. Doesn't matter where you bought the phone (eBay/Craigslist/another line) you are bringing that phone to your line without upgrading your line. Using another line is just like your mom/wife/son etc gifted you the phone and you're activating it on your line. As long as you don't mess with your line's contract you're fine. Doesn't matter how you got the phone.
    I don't know if that makes sense.
    F34R likes this.
    09-23-2012 11:37 PM
    It makes sense and joins the ranks of "help" given and provided by you and other very nice members that have replied with their info.
    09-23-2012 11:52 PM
    Makes sense now... Thanks... Very good workaround for not paying full retail. This thread has been very informative. Thanks eveyone. Will report back once I have my phone in Oct!
    09-23-2012 11:58 PM
    If anyone figures out another way please do tell lol
    09-24-2012 12:00 AM
    If anyone figures out another way please do tell lol
    I've been trying to research a little more to do exactly that... no luck so far.
    09-24-2012 12:16 AM
    I've been trying to research a little more to do exactly that... no luck so far.
    Every year I get the new phone so I'm gonna have to figure something out lol someone else's data may have to be sacrificed for the greater good ... Me lol
    09-24-2012 12:22 AM
    Well, the 4s wasn't that much an upgrade for me to warrant diving into it, so hopefully the 5s (lol) is following that pattern... I'd hate to have to open another line, just to support a phone ever year hehe.
    09-24-2012 12:30 AM
    Well, the 4s wasn't that much an upgrade for me to warrant diving into it, so hopefully the 5s (lol) is following that pattern... I'd hate to have to open another line, just to support a phone ever year hehe.
    I do it mostly cuz I want the newest lol and most time the wife get my old one so win win I guess .. She complete opposite I tease her and call her anti technology lol ..
    09-24-2012 12:36 AM
    Having the two lines, is actually not a bad idea. It'll keep me updated per year, and my twins will be "spoiled" with each of them having a phone instead of "sharing" lol. This is turning out to be doable.
    09-24-2012 06:14 AM
    I managed to keep unlimited data thankfully. And without paying full retail too. All I had to do was upgrade using one of the "dumb phone" upgrades on my line. I did have to upgrade it on that line and then immediately deactivate it and let it sit for 24 hours to let the SIM card reset in order to program it on my line but the minor inconvenience was well worth it. Its good to have a couple of dumb phones on your line if you can for this reason. Hello unlimited Verizon LTE!!!
    F34R likes this.
    09-24-2012 09:34 AM
    I managed to keep unlimited data thankfully. And without paying full retail too. All I had to do was upgrade using one of the "dumb phone" upgrades on my line. I did have to upgrade it on that line and then immediately deactivate it and let it sit for 24 hours to let the SIM card reset in order to program it on my line but the minor inconvenience was well worth it. Its good to have a couple of dumb phones on your line if you can for this reason. Hello unlimited Verizon LTE!!!
    You can avoid the 24 hour also if Verizon never programs the sims serial on the original line during the activation once its linked to the line then the 24 hour wait kicks in ... But they can change it before that happens I did the same thing upgraded on a different line got phone then called and swapped no wait they key is not turning on the phone so the sim doesn't register with your account and have version swap it before you turn it on ... End result is the same so it's all good

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
    F34R likes this.
    09-24-2012 03:55 PM
    You can avoid the 24 hour also if Verizon never programs the sims serial on the original line during the activation once its linked to the line then the 24 hour wait kicks in ... But they can change it before that happens I did the same thing upgraded on a different line got phone then called and swapped no wait they key is not turning on the phone so the sim doesn't register with your account and have version swap it before you turn it on ... End result is the same so it's all good

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
    Just to go into further detail, make sure you TELL them not do enter the sim serial on the original line lol. Telling them exactly what you're doing with the lines, phones, etc., doesn't mean they even know not to do the sim serial, or just wanna cause issues.... it's a learning experience for me, and one that has been helped tremendously from Peligro and other members. The more you can tell them what to do with your lines, account, phones, etc., the better off you're going to be in the end.
    09-24-2012 04:01 PM
    Just to go into further detail, make sure you TELL them not do enter the sim serial on the original line lol. Telling them exactly what you're doing with the lines, phones, etc., doesn't mean they even know not to do the sim serial, or just wanna cause issues.... it's a learning experience for me, and one that has been helped tremendously from Peligro and other members. The more you can tell them what to do with your lines, account, phones, etc., the better off you're going to be in the end.
    Here's a secret lol my wife was a csr for Verizon and my friend still is one .. It don't help me get stuff others can't but it does help when some other csr is blowing smoke lol
    09-24-2012 05:50 PM
    Here's a secret lol my wife was a csr for Verizon and my friend still is one .. It don't help me get stuff others can't but it does help when some other csr is blowing smoke lol
    Well, that would definitely be an advantage lol.
    09-24-2012 05:56 PM
    I was all set - going to use Mom's dumbphone upgrade on my new IP5 and then pay full retail for wife's but after looking at the past year in data use, we've never gone over 2 GB total between us. Our current plan (1400 family, unlmtd data) also is $32/month more than the tiered set up would be for 4 GB. So it's a no-brainer in my case just going to move to the tiers, take the upgrade, save enough to pay for both phones after 13 months and then sell our existing IP4's for a few hundred bucks of profit. Guess I should watch a few hours of MLB.com over cellular just to abuse the unlimited plan before I give it up huh?
    09-24-2012 06:09 PM
177 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD