Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I said I would ask once people got the phone in hand,
Who's kept unlimited data for VZW and what did you do? How did you activate the phones, etc to keep the unlimited data planning? Let's hear it!

chris_ziko

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I said I would ask once people got the phone in hand,
Who's kept unlimited data for VZW and what did you do? How did you activate the phones, etc to keep the unlimited data planning? Let's hear it!

Sadly paid full retail for the 64gb Black, I'm certain it's worth it though in the end! I use 4 GB a mount around so if I would have gotten the 5gb plan it would have probably cost me more. Do what I have to do! :D

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have fulfilled this mission of, unlimited data on Verizon, as you say. In order to do this I had to face two of man's biggest enemies: the wife and the wallet. After successfully defeating the opposition of my enemies I sacrificed $786.45 to the thrown of Apple, and thus, I was awarded the prize of.. UNLIMITED LTE ON VERIZON. :)

Sorry, I'm bored. The UPS man is still not here and I'm going out of my mind.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol... Good for you guys for paying full retail. That's crazy IMO... The question is for the people who got it for the subsidized price using someone else's upgrade, etc... Please chime in...

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You can do an alternate upgrade. You upgrade a line that is eligible to get the phone at discounted price then place it on the line with unlimited data and put a different device on the line that was upgraded. Once the Verizon rep pulls the account they can go into the device history and replace an ESN on the upgraded line.

Or you can add a line if you are on our old account level plans which are shared talk and text, then it will only be $9.99/mo if you're not on the unlimited talk and text, in that case it's $50. If you're on the share everything plans then its $40 to add a smartphone but then can be dropped to $30 if you replace the ESN with a basic phone.

Hope this helps.

And this was my first retail purchase, but its worth it.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll let you know once I get it dang FedEx !!! Lol I used another upgrade it hopes of activating then swapping to keep my data .. But someone said Verizon has a 24 hour wait to swap the phone once it's already been activated on a diff line ..cuz of the sim .. I hope that is not the case

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll let you know once I get it dang FedEx !!! Lol I used another upgrade it hopes of activating then swapping to keep my data .. But someone said Verizon has a 24 hour wait to swap the phone once it's already been activated on a diff line ..cuz of the sim .. I hope that is not the case

Yes, this was what I was planning on doing myself! Please keep me posted bro!

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to successfully keep my unlimited data plan AND get the phone at a subsidized price. This was how I did it...

Pre-ordered the phone through Verizon on a family members account because they were eligible for an upgrade and I wasn't. They key thing for me was to pre-order it over the phone. When you pre-order it on the phone, it requires you to accept the terms and conditions, blah blah blah.

Walked into the Verizon store this morning and explained what I needed to do. Originally they moaned that I would be outta luck because they don't have any of the new sim cards for the phone. I explained to them if they looked at the account, they'll see that the contract has already been extended and terms and conditions accepted. No need to activate it on that line.

Sure enough, without a hitch, they were able to put the phone on my account without sim exchange and keep the unlimited plan.

I will say this though... I intend on keeping a watchful eye on my account for the next 24-48 hours. I want to see if Verizon slips in without me noticing and some how the plan changes to a tiered plan. I'm paranoid like that. I've attached two images I captured from my Verizon on my Iphone 5. It's the best I can provide as "Proof" that it can be done. Of course, you can always pay full price and not have to worry about it... I just prefer the cheaper way :D

2qkmfbk.jpg

ejsv4i.jpg

o5yv4m.jpg

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol... Good for you guys for paying full retail. That's crazy IMO... The question is for the people who got it for the subsidized price using someone else's upgrade, etc... Please chime in...

Why is this crazy. I spent $711.xx for my iPhoen 5 full retail after taxes and what not. Sold my iPhone 4S for 400. So I am only out 311 bucks which isnt even $100 more then if I would have used my upgrade I have available. So for me forking out an extra 85 bucks give or take is completely worth keeping my unlimited data. Through 5 days this month I have chewed up over 2GBs already, so in the long run im saving money :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was able to successfully keep my unlimited data plan AND get the phone at a subsidized price. This was how I did it...

Pre-ordered the phone through Verizon on a family members account because they were eligible for an upgrade and I wasn't. They key thing for me was to pre-order it over the phone. When you pre-order it on the phone, it requires you to accept the terms and conditions, blah blah blah.

Walked into the Verizon store this morning and explained what I needed to do. Originally they moaned that I would be outta luck because they don't have any of the new sim cards for the phone. I explained to them if they looked at the account, they'll see that the contract has already been extended and terms and conditions accepted. No need to activate it on that line.

Sure enough, without a hitch, they were able to put the phone on my account without sim exchange and keep the unlimited plan.

I will say this though... I intend on keeping a watchful eye on my account for the next 24-48 hours. I want to see if Verizon slips in without me noticing and some how the plan changes to a tiered plan. I'm paranoid like that. I've attached two images I captured from my Verizon on my Iphone 5. It's the best I can provide as "Proof" that it can be done. Of course, you can always pay full price and not have to worry about it... I just prefer the cheaper way :D

Click to view quoted image

I think I'm screwed cuz I ordered online and if I activate on the number I used the upgrade then swap they can't use the sim ?

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm screwed cuz I ordered online and if I activate on the number I used the upgrade then swap they can't use the sim ?

According to the staff I dealt with today, if you activate the phone on a line and swap it, they have to replace the sim card because it's specific to that number. Unfortunately, in central Virginia, there are NO stores with sim cards. They claim the sim was redesigned for the Iphone 5 and they had to order them... then I got the long story about how none of the local stores received any extras. Just the originals in the phone.

Has anyone heard otherwise?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
According to the staff I dealt with today, if you activate the phone on a line and swap it, they have to replace the sim card because it's specific to that number. Unfortunately, in central Virginia, there are NO stores with sim cards. They claim the sim was redesigned for the Iphone 5 and they had to order them... then I got the long story about how none of the local stores received any extras. Just the originals in the phone.

Has anyone heard otherwise?

I'm going to flip a lid on those Verizon people come on they know people are going to swap lines they should have sim cards in stock

rbrightman

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I used an upgrade on another line and just simply called verizon and told them what I wanted to do and she was able to activate it no prob, still have my unlimited. She said that 24 hour thing was something they were doing but the call center is not even doing that at this point.whew! lot easier than i thought!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I used an upgrade on another line and just simply called verizon and told them what I wanted to do and she was able to activate it no prob, still have my unlimited. She said that 24 hour thing was something they were doing but the call center is not even doing that at this point.whew! lot easier than i thought!

Did you use a upgrade straight or a alternate ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner