I too was just told the 24 hour line.
    09-21-2012 04:26 PM
    Now I just got told the "try after midnight local time" line...
    09-21-2012 04:34 PM
    Full retail and kept my unlimited. No cable/wifi where I live. Just downloaded navigon and restored my panorama 3D map at 700MB in less than 10 minutes on LTE. I have LTE but no cable net, very happy with Verizon's expansion.
    09-21-2012 04:49 PM
    Phone came I upgraded with a diff line called got it activated on my line good to go !!! Trick is do not turn phone on!!! This makes it auto associate with the line u used to upgrade then when u swap it won't work .. If you don't turn it on then they can swap it before it try's anything .... iPhone 5 on unlimited !!!
    09-21-2012 05:35 PM
    I have a busineess account on Verizon with 25 lines including 4g cards, dumb phones 4 iphones, and 2 ipads (many which are eligible for upgrade). I haven't purchased the new iphone for 2 reasons, i want to see what i like better in person white or black and the unlimited data deal.

I want to make sure i have the correct proceedures as i have never had to worry about loosing the unlimted before.

1. Find line avaiable for upgrade (any line doest matter smart phone or not correct)
    2. Order phone through that line
    3. Phone arrives do not turn on call verizon and activate on my number.

Please let me now if I am missing anything
    09-21-2012 06:00 PM
    Just made the switch to the Iphone 5. On my droid razr I had unlimited data as well as unlimited hot spot.
    When I went in to verizon today and added a line to upgrade to the iphone 5 without loosing unlimited data and I also told the vzw rep I wanted to keep my unlimited hot spot or I didnt want to upgrade. He Tried to activate the iphone one way and it removed the hot spot feature then he tried it another way and it kept hot spot.

so for $230 + $30 more a month for another line since I went from a single plan 450min to a family plan 750min

I was able to pick up the iphone 5 16gb with unlimited data and unlimited hot spot!

Last month was the first month I had 4g in my area and I used 14GB of data between my phone and mobile hot spot. I use hot spot as my only internet connection so I had to keep the unlimited data/hot spot
    09-21-2012 06:11 PM
    Phone came I upgraded with a diff line called got it activated on my line good to go !!! Trick is do not turn phone on!!! This makes it auto associate with the line u used to upgrade then when u swap it won't work .. If you don't turn it on then they can swap it before it try's anything .... iPhone 5 on unlimited !!!
    I was told you HAD to activate it on the upgrade line and then switch.
    09-21-2012 06:12 PM
    I was told you HAD to activate it on the upgrade line and then switch.
    Ya I thought so also but the more I thought about it and hearing about the sims I left phone off and called the guy I got Said I was like 10 steps ahead of everyone else
    09-21-2012 06:36 PM
    Just to confirm
    09-21-2012 06:44 PM
    Yes, I was grandfathered in for unlimited data on my iP5.
    09-21-2012 07:16 PM
    Awesome. So call them and tell them I want the upgrade to be activated onto my line instead? What did you tell them exactly and which department do I call and speak to? Thanks bro!
    09-21-2012 07:36 PM
    I'd love to subsidize and keep unlimited. I have one line that is ready for an upgrade. If I get it through that line, leave it off, activate it for my line; will I still keep unlimited? That's how I've assumed these other posts mean... I hope hope hope it's right.
    09-21-2012 07:55 PM
    During the preorder process I had to switch to a non unlimited plan, but now I check on my phone and it still says I have unlimited data. Is this just until the month ends, or permanent?
    09-21-2012 08:14 PM
    Ugh, reading elsewhere, it's said the upgrade line has to be a dumb phone.. not already included on the unlimited plan.

So, here's my situation. I have three smartphones. The main line, Rezound, has until Dec. of next year, so it's on contract. My line, iPhone 4, off contract, and the HTC Incredible, which has an upgrade available. I want to purchase it as an upgrade for the Dinc, but transfer it to my line, and put the Dinc back on there.

Will I lose unlimited data in this scenario?
    09-21-2012 08:51 PM
    I was unable to on the VZW site when I was pre-ordering. But I'm going to go complain in person when I'm back home for Thanksgiving. Our local VZW store knows us and the business we give them, so they should (hopefully) give me my unlimited data back. Especially since I purchased through Verizon at full price without changing my contract!
    09-21-2012 08:53 PM
    Full retail here. I'll be doing this for the foreseeable future to keep my unlimited.
    kfreeman_23 likes this.
    09-21-2012 08:55 PM
    Awesome. So call them and tell them I want the upgrade to be activated onto my line instead? What did you tell them exactly and which department do I call and speak to? Thanks bro!
    I just called and said I upgraded line x I want phone on line z and I want to keep my unlimited lol

The thing is when you get the phone no matter how tempted do not turn it on or the phones sim will try to register with the line x automatically once that happens even if Verizon has to reassign SIM card you have to wait so the system can push it thru

If you don't turn it on the Verizon swaps the esn so when you turn on the phone the sim registers with line z instead and your good to go and it don't effect your unlimited

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
    09-21-2012 09:45 PM
    I have a busineess account on Verizon with 25 lines including 4g cards, dumb phones 4 iphones, and 2 ipads (many which are eligible for upgrade). I haven't purchased the new iphone for 2 reasons, i want to see what i like better in person white or black and the unlimited data deal.

I want to make sure i have the correct proceedures as i have never had to worry about loosing the unlimted before.

1. Find line avaiable for upgrade (any line doest matter smart phone or not correct)
    2. Order phone through that line
    3. Phone arrives do not turn on call verizon and activate on my number.

Please let me now if I am missing anything
    You got it main mistake people made was turning on the phone

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
    09-21-2012 09:49 PM
    During the preorder process I had to switch to a non unlimited plan, but now I check on my phone and it still says I have unlimited data. Is this just until the month ends, or permanent?
    Would like to hear the update on your unlimited the first of next month.
    09-21-2012 09:54 PM
    I can upgrade my iPhone October 4th. If I go into the store to get my upgrade for an iphone5 will I be able to keep my unlimited data from Verizon or will I have to pay full price for the phone to keep my unlimited data.
    09-21-2012 10:00 PM
    If your upgrading on the line that has unlimited you will lose it

F34R likes this.
    09-21-2012 10:12 PM
    I paid full retail for ip5 via apple online preorder and now in my Verizon it shows I have 2gb of data. That's not right is it??
    09-21-2012 10:19 PM
    I paid full retail for ip5 via apple online preorder and now in my Verizon it shows I have 2gb of data. That's not right is it??
    Not to sound sound like an *** but thats messed up hahaha
    09-21-2012 10:27 PM
    If your upgrading on the line that has unlimited you will lose it

Thanks for the reply/info. Sucks. I don't guess there's a way to get this subsidized w/o losing my unlimited. Normally, I don't really need the unlimited, but if it makes my account the new share plans, I actually OWE $40 more a month!! So, paying full retail will be less than paying subsidized + 2yrs of $40/mnth increase in cost. I'll get less amount of data. Unlimited mins that I've never used NEAR over what I have, and already unlimited text. bah!! I guess full retail price it'll be.

Unless someone can help with some info that I can do that'll help me save some money here.
    09-21-2012 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply/info. Sucks. I don't guess there's a way to get this subsidized w/o losing my unlimited. Normally, I don't really need the unlimited, but if it makes my account the new share plans, I actually OWE $40 more a month!! So, paying full retail will be less than paying subsidized + 2yrs of $40/mnth increase in cost. I'll get less amount of data. Unlimited mins that I've never used NEAR over what I have, and already unlimited text. bah!! I guess full retail price it'll be.

Unless someone can help with some info that I can do that'll help me save some money here.
    If you read this thread you will have all the info you need to keep your unlimited.
    09-21-2012 11:19 PM
177 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD